How is this possible

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: How is this possible

Post by Gwion » 30 Nov 2015, 7:24 pm

One more and she would have been an illicit firearms dealer.

Lack of evidence, 'eh???
Something smells fishy....

Funniest thing is that she was pulled over and found with all these on the way FROM reporting to a POLICE STATION re: an earlier offence! :thumbsup: :unknown: :clap: :drinks:

She might be cute but she's not so clever..... must have some good connections! :huh: :problem: :thumbsdown:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Nov 2015, 7:28 pm

I love the way they 'allegedly' found the firearms.... they either DID or DID NOT find.... find them
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 30 Nov 2015, 9:29 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 15 Feb 2017, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by pomemax » 30 Nov 2015, 10:11 pm

YOUNG woman caught by police allegedly driving with a cache of weapons in her car — including nine guns, five machetes and a samurai sword — has been denied bail.

A court heard yesterday Bianca Micallef was returning from Sunbury police station, where she was fulfilling a bail requirement for a previous offence, when police pulled her over on Tuesday night.

Detective Sen-Constable Ben Smith told Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court that officers searched the 23-year-old’s Holden Commodore and discovered weapons in boxes on the back and front passenger seats.

A large wooden trunk bore the name “Bianca”, Sen-Constable Smith said. The court heard the Sunbury woman denied all knowledge of the weapons, telling police they likely belonged to her boyfriend, Robert Cameron, who had previously used the car.

It was claimed a pistol, two revolvers, a pump-action shotgun, double and single-barrel shotguns, a sawn-off rifle, non-sawn-off rifle and a sub-machine gun were found in the car, which is registered to Ms Micallef. A samurai sword, five machetes, a knife, a crossbow with an arrow, knuckle dusters, an extendible baton, a taser and ammunition were also found, the court heard.

Sen-Constable Smith said police found a clear bag containing a crystal substance believed to be amphetamines and an iPhone and iPad containing photos of some guns, including one of Ms Micallef holding a rifle.
Ms Micallef has been charged with 27 offences, including nine counts of a prohibited person possessing a firearm, possessing a prohibited weapon, possessing a drug of dependence and committing an indictable offence on bail.

Sen-Constable Smith said police opposed Ms Micallef being granted bail. The court also heard Ms Micallef had a two-year history of using ice and a “turbulent relationship” with Mr Cameron.

Ms Micallef’s lawyer said it was possible the weapons allegedly found in Ms Micallef’s car were her boyfriend’s, as fingerprinting or DNA testing had not yet been carried out on items, and she should be granted bail. Magistrate Reginald Radford denied the application.

Ms Micallef was remanded to reappear on March 13.
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 30 Nov 2015, 10:24 pm

Given the above....How the hell did she get off on lack of evidence? I'm sure if the cops pulled me over and found an unsecured live round in the boot I'd be locked up and the key thrown away. The cops did their job so why didn't the courts do theirs? I really pity the officers who bust their ass day in and day out to catch these scumbags and the courts stab them in the back, talk about a thankless job.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 01 Dec 2015, 2:49 am

I got more than that lost under the seats of my car :)

She had me in love up until the drugs.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Lorgar » 01 Dec 2015, 11:20 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I love the way they 'allegedly' found the firearms.... they either DID or DID NOT find.... find them

Maybe they're like "Schrodinger's Guns".

Until you actually open the boot and look there both is and is not a gun in there :lol:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 01 Dec 2015, 12:45 pm

Like it Lorgar... good theory! LOL
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-