SBS show "Sleeping with the Enemy"

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: SBS show "Sleeping with the Enemy"

Post by Ed9362 » 11 Jan 2016, 1:02 pm

Wow what' a shame
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Jan 2016, 1:10 pm

Ed9362 wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Ed9362 wrote:All I got from that is Steve lee is a true gentleman.

And has a license for everything cool

Well.... kinda 'had' for everything cool... then for nothing cool....well nothing at all for a while....

What do you mean by that did he loose his license

Yes but I think he's got some of them back again now after a long legal battle, not sure if he has his firearms back though.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by David Brown » 12 Jan 2016, 2:03 pm

He came unstuck mainly due to that youtube video most of us probably watched where he says goodbye to his m14.... (Moral of the story don't put it on youtube) non-approved range, use of cat D etc....

That is not quite true, that is what the cops tried to get him on, but he was actually entitled to shoot it there. And he won in court. The problem was the boys in WLB were not keen to restore the status quo.

And yes the B is for Bullies not branch.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 Jan 2016, 3:24 pm

:thumbsup:
Last edited by <<Genesis93>> on 14 Jan 2016, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Ed9362 » 12 Jan 2016, 9:55 pm

I hope he has the money to cover all the costs of his fights, seems like an expensive exercise although the S&F party might help him out
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Ed9362 » 12 Jan 2016, 9:59 pm

To be honest I can't think of a better face of Australian shooters than Steve lee, he love the shooting sports and always conductucts himself in an appropriate manner. (From what I have seen on YouTube anyway)
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by inventurkey » 13 Jan 2016, 12:29 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:He came unstuck mainly due to that youtube video most of us probably watched where he says goodbye to his m14.... (Moral of the story don't put it on youtube) non-approved range, use of cat D etc....

This one I guess for those who haven't seen it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpBd57b7YvQ
Savage Axis Stainless in .308
Tikka Lite .22-250 Rem
inventurkey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 13 Jan 2016, 12:43 pm

The M14 is only allowed for aerial culling in NSW it cannot be used for anything else, it's a current military rifle they still use it for shooting comps in the USA military.

To maintain aerial culling certification you have to do 8 or 12 hours a year, sometimes the work just isn't there.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Bourt » 13 Jan 2016, 1:42 pm

Ed9362 wrote:To be honest I can't think of a better face of Australian shooters than Steve lee, he love the shooting sports and always conductucts himself in an appropriate manner. (From what I have seen on YouTube anyway)

He's definitely the shooter putting in the most effort for us.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by David Brown » 14 Jan 2016, 8:58 am

<<Genesis93>>,

I think we all know how plea bargains work with bullies in blue. The range and use was actually a legal use. I have spoken to him about this. There is more to the story that is in the court documents. Last I spoke with Steve he still did not have his licences restored, he had to reapply and so did his son. they were holding his son's application up on the grounds that "lets see what happens with your dads case". What a joke.

WLBNSW is probably no different to any other state, they apply their own laws at their own discretion all the time, regardless of what the laws (as dumbs they are) actually say. We have plenty of that in QLD where WLBQPS deny things verbally and try to not reply in writing, because if they write, they know they will get challenged in court and lose. Some times they get away with it, some times they do not.

I bet the court documents do not detail the NSW Police not writing up all the seized guns and issuing a receipt…..Steve had to fight to get them to do that. What about his record books that they "lost". Keystone Cops at best that would taunt him during interviews and meetings over various matters. So disgusting is their behaviour they do not deserve respect. Regardless of who or what the charges were about.

I have sat in meetings with some of these folk and to be honest, smug is the nicest thing I can say. Smug Dictators who demonstrate they do not know as much as they should, is about as far as I am about to print. I have several mates in SERT up here…I will never print the stories I hear, but bugger me if they are not consistent with the Anti terrorism mates and other "non paper pushing" police.

Looks like a duck…quacks like a duck = DUCK

Bottom line is they (NSWWLB) want to cut out all CAT D holders and they wanted to make an example of Steve, ultimately they lost, but he was ruined in the process. A minimum $250K down the drain let alone lost income etc. Compensation comes to mind but who has the funds to take on the good fight.
Last edited by Blackened on 18 Jan 2016, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted <<Genesis93>> quote
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Jan 2016, 9:41 am

No question they tried to destroy Steve, its a pity they devoted so much effort to the cause instead of fighting crime .... as in real crime.

Our firearm legislation sucks, and I firmly believe the police shouldnt be tasked with enforcing it - they have successfully blurred the line between criminal use of firearms and the regulation of licensed use and associated 'infractions' ... add to that the declared bias inherent in the police - "guns are an OHS issue / we want less guns out there period"...

We should have a statutory authority, say the 'Department of Licensing' that licenses individuals for firearms (heck they can do car licensing as well), NOT leave the task to a militarised / armed enforcement unit who might show up, armed, at your door at any (reasonable) time simply because you want to participate in a sport of target hooting..... when a licensed individual 'breaks a law' just like ANY regulated activity - THEN call in the law, if you really need too.

I think I've said enough, maybe too much about the case, I'll shortly go back and remove references to Steve and his matter....DB if you wouldnt mind dropping my quotes from your posts :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Blackened » 18 Jan 2016, 10:10 am

Done for him.
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by pajamatime » 20 Jan 2016, 11:48 pm

I would love to watch this but I can't find it on SBS on demand
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by RDobber » 21 Jan 2016, 11:08 am

David Brown wrote:I think we all know how plea bargains work with bullies in blue.

[Save us the trouble and we'll screw you over a bit less]
300 Win Mag Fanboy

Tikka, Tikka, Tikka, BOOM!
RDobber
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jan 2016, 11:17 am

pajamatime wrote:I would love to watch this but I can't find it on SBS on demand

Not really surprising, it was full of the tards admitting they broke the law and declaring they would break it ago... to save the 'people' (animals to normal sane members of society)... imagine if Steve said he'd break the law.....his posterior would find itself in the back of a divi van quicker than you could save "ok wake me, I had enough of this dream"
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by southeast varmiter » 21 Jan 2016, 12:48 pm

You've got to be on the right side of political correctness. This is what it all boils down to.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jan 2016, 1:00 pm

not really pc correctness..... as long as its accordance with the policies of the true ruler of this land.....(murderdoch)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by southeast varmiter » 21 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:not really pc correctness..... as long as its accordance with the policies of the true ruler of this land.....(murderdoch)

One of the same. Th UN and its lacky countries have all weaponised political correctness. It's the tool they use globally to shut down discussion on immigration, guns, equality.
Right out of Saul Alinsky' handbook.
http://www.bestofbeck.com/wp/activism/s ... r-radicals
P.s. He was also Hillary Clintons mentor and Obama.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Farmjer » 29 Jan 2016, 3:20 pm

RDobber wrote:[Save us the trouble and we'll screw you over a bit less]

I'd like to see that written underneath the logo :lol:
Farmjer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by nooman » 02 Feb 2016, 9:57 am

pajamatime wrote:I would love to watch this but I can't find it on SBS on demand

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's actually called "Living With The Enemy"http://www.sbs.com.au/programs/article/2014/08/20/episode-6-hunting which seems to be no longer available to watch on demand.

Unless there is a different show everyone is referring to?
nooman
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Swarm » 16 Feb 2016, 10:02 am

Video link there doesn't seem to be active either :(
Sako 75 Hunter IV 6.5x55 SE with Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm
CZ 455 .22LR with Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm CDS
Winchester 88 .284 Winchester
Swarm
Lance Corporal