Martin Bryant Coronial inquest

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Martin Bryant Coronial inquest

Post by Gwion » 19 Jan 2016, 1:25 pm

Also, he did plead guilty and confess, hence the need for a trial by jury was avoided.

An inquest into other subvertions of due process is still in order even though a lot of what people come out with, particularly what the author of this petition has dribbled, is simply unfounded nonsense. This is why i wouldn't attach my name to such a proposal; as by doing so I would be declaring that i support these ill thought out ideas.
Last edited by Gwion on 19 Jan 2016, 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by The Warrigal » 19 Jan 2016, 1:40 pm

There has never been any doubt in my mind that Martin Bryant is guilty as charged.

However none of that is any excuse for not observing every due process of law!

Close to a million people besides the relatives of the deceased were adversely affected by the Governments over reaction to the PAM incident.

And a dangerous legal precedent has been set!

People are entitled to know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and let the cards fall where they may.

I see no other means by which wild speculation can be ended in a matter of this type.
The Warrigal
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by ebr love » 19 Jan 2016, 3:11 pm

Gwion wrote:- There was a foreign black ops team in the cafe and it was a hit and so covered up by massacring the rest of the diners.

lol.

That's definitely the most tinfoil hat one I've heard.
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by adam » 19 Jan 2016, 5:20 pm

If there is a conspiracy one thing I am sure of is that no one will ever be certain as to the facts.

Big conspirators do not cover up - because when some larger things are done - it's impossible to hide completely. What they do is distort. Mix lies in with the truth, and saturate it, and have fall guys...

It doesn't matter if people know - just make sure there's enough false evidence, etc that the tracks are covered up so no one will ever be sure of what really happened, and have enough pawns there to take the slack - no one knows what parts are truth, and what parts are lies.

I'd be tempted to say - if there is a conspiracy everyone who's been named so far (Johnny Howard, Tas Police, etc) wouldn't be the head behind it. Because they're too public. They'd just be pawns that were used (either knowingly or otherwise). Puppets...

The history of the Manhatten Project is a very interesting study and shows what can be done.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 20 Jan 2016, 9:47 pm

Just putting this out their but is it possible that maybe there are those that seek to make such a notion as nutters as possible by making such a disastrous looking petition. But then there is the possibility that they could even backfire. I wouldn't say her updates are wrong but the way she has written them does not come across as serious? it almost looks like its a smear piece if you know what I mean lol

but just make sure you go through all the updates and actually click through and study what shes put up. Don't just look at it and think cray cray tin foil woah! such an abundance of information!
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 21 Jan 2016, 3:52 am

southeast varmiter wrote:The truth will never come out.
I wasn't there on the day, but two people very close to me were and contacted me that night.
It infuriates me to this day.

Apparently they told you something not disclosed in the public story? What did they say?
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2016, 6:18 am

southeast varmiter wrote:The truth will never come out.
I wasn't there on the day, but two people very close to me were and contacted me that night.
It infuriates me to this day.

What was it that infuriated you? :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2016, 6:21 am

Anyone know why they made a Morgue truck with such a large body capacity (only one ever made apparently) and it was sent to Tassie for some reason a year or so earlier. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 21 Jan 2016, 8:17 am

bigfellascott wrote:Anyone know why they made a Morgue truck with such a large body capacity (only one ever made apparently) and it was sent to Tassie for some reason a year or so earlier. :unknown:

Maybe because Tassie is the 2nd most violent, crime riddled state in Australia, after NT; per capita, that is!
???
Just offering possibilities.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by happyhunter » 21 Jan 2016, 8:21 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 16 Feb 2017, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Norton » 21 Jan 2016, 9:01 am

adam wrote:60 minutes had an interview with his mother a number of years ago, but IIRC there was no interview with Martin himself.

Because he was locked in a special looney bin.

Not the kind of place you get day trips from.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jan 2016, 9:43 am

The media would never want to interview MB, and the authorities would NEVER allow an interview. Neither the media nor the authorities want to know what he has to say.... all the prestitutes want is super long zoom pictures of him ....to update us on the 'overweight condition' of the 'monster'
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by adam » 21 Jan 2016, 10:23 am

In some ways it's probably good that he hasn't been interviewed. It seems that Martin's IQ is lower than average, and the way I've seen the media manipulate other interviewees in the past, as well as cut / trim stories - I think they'd end up making the situation muddier, not clearer.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Arth » 21 Jan 2016, 11:22 am

adam wrote:It seems that Martin's IQ is lower than average

I remember something at the time about whether he was competent to stand trial or whether he could be counted as mentally disabled.

As an adult he had the IQ of a 10 year old or something.

In the end they decided he was fit to stand trial, but afterwards is imprisoned in a mental health facility.

:unknown:
Arth
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2016, 12:08 pm

Gwion wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Anyone know why they made a Morgue truck with such a large body capacity (only one ever made apparently) and it was sent to Tassie for some reason a year or so earlier. :unknown:

Maybe because Tassie is the 2nd most violent, crime riddled state in Australia, after NT; per capita, that is!
???

What's the murder rate like but compared to other places? Strange how no where else in Aus Needed such a high capacity meat wagon, I guess we got lucky then sent to to Tassie hey. I believe it was sold off not long after P.A. I guess you Tassies became less violent after that? :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by southeast varmiter » 21 Jan 2016, 12:21 pm

Or the fact there was a trauma surgeon conference on at the time in Hobart.
Plus all management from PA facility were on a one of a kind offsite across the very hours of the incident.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2016, 12:38 pm

southeast varmiter wrote:Or the fact there was a trauma surgeon conference on at the time in Hobart.
Plus all management from PA facility were on a one of a kind offsite across the very hours of the incident.

Or the 6 or 7hrs it apparently took for police to finally show up. :unknown: There were certainly a lot of odd and coincidental things that were happening that day hey.

Anyway there's nothing we can do to change the past - all we can do is focus on the future. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by southeast varmiter » 21 Jan 2016, 12:44 pm

One could almost infer. That with exception of the victims. All other kinds of witnesses were not present that should have been.
Hey but the world works in funny coincidental ways hey.....
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2016, 1:44 pm

southeast varmiter wrote:One could almost infer. That with exception of the victims. All other kinds of witnesses were not present that should have been.
Hey but the world works in funny coincidental ways hey.....

Indeed it does :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 21 Jan 2016, 3:02 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Gwion wrote:

???

What's the murder rate like but compared to other places? Strange how no where else in Aus Needed such a high capacity meat wagon, I guess we got lucky then sent to to Tassie hey. I believe it was sold off not long after P.A. I guess you Tassies became less violent after that? :D

Hey! I'm not Tasmanian, I just married one!

I can't remember the exact figures, just recall looking it up on ABS & AIC.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by happyhunter » 21 Jan 2016, 3:34 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 16 Feb 2017, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jan 2016, 4:08 pm

Of course there as a need for a 16 berth meat wagon :roll: ;

Mortality by assault in Tasmania, Year - Total (by firearm)
2004 3 ( 3 )
2005 7 ( 2 )
2006 2 ( 3 ) (<?)
2007 6 ( 2 )
2008 5 ( 0 )
2009 6 ( 0 )
2010 3 ( 0 )
2011 5 ( 4 )
2012 9 ( 1 )
2013 7 ( 2 )

So the capacity would be sufficient for 2 to 3 years of 'need' ..... maybe even 3 or 4 years in a pinch (pile em high)
c/-ABS
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 22 Jan 2016, 6:02 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Of course there as a need for a 16 berth meat wagon :roll: ;

2004 3 ( 3 )
2005 7 ( 2 )
2006 2 ( 3 ) (<?)
2007 6 ( 2 )
2008 5 ( 0 )
2009 6 ( 0 )
2010 3 ( 0 )
2011 5 ( 4 )
2012 9 ( 1 )
2013 7 ( 2 )

So the capacity would be sufficient for 2 to 3 years of 'need' ..... maybe even 3 or 4 years in a pinch (pile em high)
c/-ABS

So what do you do with the people murdered by other than firearm? Bake ''em on the roof?
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Gwion » 22 Jan 2016, 8:08 am

Title_II wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:Of course there as a need for a 16 berth meat wagon :roll: ;

2004 3 ( 3 )
2005 7 ( 2 )
2006 2 ( 3 ) (<?)
2007 6 ( 2 )
2008 5 ( 0 )
2009 6 ( 0 )
2010 3 ( 0 )
2011 5 ( 4 )
2012 9 ( 1 )
2013 7 ( 2 )

c/-ABS

So what do you do with the people murdered by other than firearm? Bake ''em on the roof?

Haha! Good point. :unknown:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 22 Jan 2016, 8:13 am

In all fairness, knowing Tassie, some one's brother probably owned the coach builders that built the wagon, and then their cousin needed a cheap refrigerated truck in '97.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Jan 2016, 8:17 am

Title_II wrote:So what do you do with the people murdered by other than firearm? Bake ''em on the roof?

No, we can bake them all inside.....

Although this data is more recent, it demonstrates how few deaths every year in Tasmania.... there was absolutely no way you could anticipate that there would be, in such a relatively small/low death state such a sudden need....

Note the firearm deaths over that whole 10yr period would almost fit in the wagon (17) if the capacity was indeed 16.....it was to say the very least was excess to any reasonably anticipated needs....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 22 Jan 2016, 8:21 am

I guess I was not clear in my question. What does "firearm deaths" have to do with number of deaths? I mean, here in the US, "firearm murders" are only a little over half of murders. And drowning deaths. And overall deaths are hundreds of times that. A "firearm death" is a pretty darn unlikely way to die, so not sure what it has to do with planning for body disposals. That's like counting one body when you have 400 or 500 to deal with.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Gwion » 22 Jan 2016, 8:31 am

Another good point, Title.

In Australia, on average, firearms traditionally account for well under 1/3 the total murder rate......

Also, Tasmanians are hopeless drivers..... Ok, so that was in bad taste. Point being, you need to assess the entire mortality rate of the state and not just death by firearm; or are you all supporting the 'anti' argument that firearms are the major cause of death in society???
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Jan 2016, 8:44 am

Of course there is little association, when there are several dozen officially reported assault categories, the numbers merely provide a comparison to the firearm death of PA1996(35) and how extraordinarily out of kilter that number was, no one could reasonably suggest there would be a mass casualty event....then shortly after dispose of the wagon to boot because there was no further need....

You know I would be the first to discount any statement proclaiming firearm deaths as relevant in isolation, that is, while discounting all other methods of assault(death)....that exactly what the greentards do in relation to suicide - they state that firearm suicide has decreases by a huge amount since 96 laws (384 to 162) and thats the huge success..... of course they NEVER mention there are now more suicides than there were in 96 (2393 then to 2520 )....but only the firearm stats matter to them
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Jan 2016, 8:58 am

Over the last 22yrs the rate has varied between 10% and 30%,
Ten years ago it was 1 in 10 (10%) = 17 deaths
One year ago it was 1 in 6 (16%) = 35 deaths
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant