Martin Bryant Coronial inquest

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Martin Bryant Coronial inquest

Post by pajamatime » 14 Jan 2016, 12:52 am

Thought you lot might love this one ? =)

https://www.change.org/p/the-hon-will-h ... ef=Default
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Martin Bryant Coronial inquest

Post by Gwion » 14 Jan 2016, 7:03 am

Oh... my, my. my!

Goodness, gracious me...... she's pretty, umm... special herself!

Check out the 'petition updates' as well. Compelling, irrefutable evidence! :shock: :crazy: :wtf:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by David Brown » 14 Jan 2016, 9:09 am

Regardless of what we think of her, Bryant or anyone else involved, there was a sever perverting the course of justice committed by the then Prime Minister and Premier.

This should have been rectified years ago while witnesses were alive and able to remember. Some may not be now.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by adam » 14 Jan 2016, 9:45 am

David Brown wrote:Regardless of what we think of her, Bryant or anyone else involved, there was a sever perverting the course of justice committed by the then Prime Minister and Premier.

This should have been rectified years ago while witnesses were alive and able to remember. Some may not be now.

Agreed. With the lack of a coronal inquest, and the destruction of the evidence (the firearms found) this set up a very nasty precedent as well.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Jan 2016, 9:56 am

Our government, whether lib, or a possible (perish the thought) future lab government, would NEVER allow ANY re-evaluation of the matter, re-trial, or coronial inquest - there is TOO much at stake, too many unanswered questions, coincidences, strange details.... that just may implicate a few too many people / ministers / ngos / ... party members??... AND the Murdoch media!!!

Unfortunately, Bryant will probably die in confinement, probably sooner rather than later - that would conveniently closed the book.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gwion » 14 Jan 2016, 10:32 am

Oh. I do agree there should be due process but a petition written so poorly and emotionally and jumping from allegation to conspiracy theory will not help it happen.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by adam » 14 Jan 2016, 12:23 pm

Gwion wrote:Oh. I do agree there should be due process but a petition written so poorly and emotionally and jumping from allegation to conspiracy theory will not help it happen.

True. The petition if at all should be more focused on the due diligence of justice, and not make any assumptions whether that be innocent or guilty.

As Genesis has mentioned though - it will never happen anyway because the Government(s) have too much to loose. Firstly by doing so would be admitting that they did the wrong thing originally - and we know that Governments are incapable of admitting wrong.

The status quoe being to continue stating that they were right (regardless of what issue) regardless of the evidence that comes against them ensures that this never gets brought to light.

Added to that is the emotion and judgement by the nation against Martin and the way the media runs Kangaroo courts it just wouldn't be possible even if the PM himself wanted to see it happen...

It's actually interesting the impact this has had on me: Prior to P.A. I was very much for the death penalty. After I saw the way PA was conducted I am now against it. Not saying Martin does or doesn't deserve it - but rather the way it was handled gives too many holes in the system to accommodate corruption.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bluerob » 14 Jan 2016, 12:30 pm

I can't stop wondering why a criminal trial etc wasn't performed and then all of a sudden I lose my Ruger Mini 14?

When you read the various conspiracy type arguments, well, why did the Tas Govt order a large mortuary truck, then sell it (after the event) and then never buy another?

Its a weird world sometimes.....
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jan 2016, 1:55 pm

Lots of videos on the subject on youtube and I think there is a facebook page on it too.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by happyhunter » 14 Jan 2016, 9:51 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 16 Feb 2017, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by adam » 15 Jan 2016, 9:14 am

While time helps the pain to subside, the families will never be over it regardless of the amount of decades gone.

The official reason though was completely BS. Plenty of other horrific tragedies have occurred - they don't decide to ignore legal and constitutional rights and requirements because of emotion. The time for an inquest was back when it occurred, and every day since until it has been done.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Jan 2016, 9:47 am

<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Charlie » 15 Jan 2016, 9:01 pm

I also belive that some very strange things happened at Port Arthur. Anyone who believes otherwise should had a read of the facts and anyone of the websites posted above.

IQ 66, In the broad arrow cafe, firing from the hip, 20 dead (19 headshots) 12 injured and all from just 29 bullets. I've been shooting for 4 years and couldn't replicate that, how could someone like Martin Byrant?
Charlie
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by chrispy » 16 Jan 2016, 11:49 am

Signed
chrispy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by The Warrigal » 16 Jan 2016, 12:39 pm

I also signed even though I would have preferred it if the petition had been better worded and not invoked so much dubious conspiracy babble.

In my opinion an inquest should have been held years ago and the very fact it wasn't is the very reason why so much wild speculation abounds and cannot possibly not abound.

So while I don't hold much hope that an inquest will be held, I do think it is still worth trying to get one.

As for the nonsense that an inquest would have been too traumatic for the surviving relatives, that one would be a joke if it were not so tragic.

So...an inquest would have been "inconsiderate" to the relatives of the deceased, but years of morbid media and political wailing to keep the sore open is somehow "kind!"

What a crock! :evil:
The Warrigal
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 16 Jan 2016, 7:59 pm

Has anyone from the television or print news media been allowed to interview him in prison?
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by adam » 16 Jan 2016, 9:11 pm

60 minutes had an interview with his mother a number of years ago, but IIRC there was no interview with Martin himself.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 17 Jan 2016, 8:40 am

Charlie wrote:I also belive that some very strange things happened at Port Arthur. Anyone who believes otherwise should had a read of the facts and anyone of the websites posted above.

IQ 66, In the broad arrow cafe, firing from the hip, 20 dead (19 headshots) 12 injured and all from just 29 bullets. I've been shooting for 4 years and couldn't replicate that, how could someone like Martin Byrant?

I believe that someone who took up rifle shooting (air rifle as a kid doesnt really count) then after 7 months of 'practice' involving very few sessions shooting at tin cans and a few boxes of rounds was able to shoot 32 People, killing 20(head/neck shot), from the hip, in a minute, maybe more, maybe less, with 29 rounds, leaving one in the chamber for an exit...

I also believe in Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny, ghosts, the tooth fairy, non-tooth fairies......

As far as the firearms used at PA, the SLR (FN-FAL)..... I sense a deal of confusion in the Police officers questioning MB, confusing the FAL with the AR10....maybe the AR15 with AR10??? thats entirely possible....the cynic in me would even postulate that the AR15 was used in the event because MB owned one. While the SLR was also used in the event because MB also owned one, so someone thought - confusing a FAL with an AR10, theyre both 308s after all....both are black, however the FAL(SLR) was the many many times more common in Australia :unknown:

So an AR15 was used in the shooting, then MB acknowledges he owns one, and a FAL was used, however he doesnt acknowledge owning one or ever seeing the example presented to him, there was little to gain or lose by lying at that point..... Thats the rifle recovered with missing internal parts, that were never recovered on the scene mind you...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 18 Jan 2016, 7:15 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 16 Feb 2017, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by adam » 18 Jan 2016, 9:54 am

I've found that many people misunderstand conspiracies, and the way the media has presented it in the past - you're considered a looney if you are a skeptic or suspicious of a conspiracy / coverup.

Yet - in the real world - conspiracies are committed every day. It's not just Hollywood. Conspiracies are just 2 or more people planning something in secret (or with intent to cover up) with an intentional outcome. In business and in government.

But if you start talking about a conspiracy - many people will discredit you straight away as being a looney.

It's made it so that the Western world is perfectly situated for people wanting to commit high level conspiracies. So difficult to be exposed. Both people and the media wanting to cut down anyone's credibility who would dare to propose such a thing.

Once again - people's desire for their ideologies to be believed, or wanting to bury their head in the sand rather than objectively seeking out the truth is making this world a very strange and scarey place...
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Jan 2016, 11:19 am

To 'conspire' is generally accepted to mean that 2 people work together for nefarious ends..... but any 2 elements could work together, even 2 humans or multiple groups of humans....to 'conspire' does not however necessarily means for nefarious reasons...

While 'conspiracy theory' is without question accepted to mean that anything stated before the description of conspiracy theory is BullS$it.

Thats the whole reason for the use of the 'theory' word in there..... its a 'theory'....not fact. Someone came up with it.

The Word sounds Italian/latin; con - spiro / con - spirare which is directly translated to 'with breath', if thats the origin it would make sense if it referred to people planning by 'breath' as in speaking together about a matter.. (might be wrong, but its plausible :unknown: )

In reality, conspiracy is what our system is built on, people and/or corporation conspire on a daily basis, companies conspire behind closed doors to 'play the system' or the government...theres no question. Conspiracy may be positive or not... most likely not though in this environment.

The term 'conspiracy theory' it has been said was first used by the CIA in the 60's to discredit people who raise to the attention such conspiracies that forces wish to be denied - by denigrating and discrediting those who bring them to light;

He's a "conspiracy theorist" today means that the person is a tin-foil hatting wearing lunatic who is obviously making S#$T up.... so don't believe him.... anyway... Kim Kardashians got her stuff out again over there >>.

But hang on.....HARP is an actual program that has consumed hundreds of Billions of dollars and is without a doubt used to alter the various layers of the atmosphere along with the associated weather patterns.... look over there << Whats his name has shacked up with thingo and their naked romp video is online!!!
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Rocker » 18 Jan 2016, 2:15 pm

+1

150 to go.
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Title_II » 19 Jan 2016, 1:32 am

OK, it sounds like a lot of people don't believe the official story. What is the sane version of what we think happened?

He's the wrong guy, there were more people, the government did it?

Or, on the lesser side, it happened, but the government is lying about the details. Not sure what that would accomplish because something very terrbile happened regardless of the finer points, so lying about the details wouldn't change much IMO.

Or, they just bumbled it and got a lot of it wrong. In which case, as above, not sure how much of a difference the details would make.

I'm not being critical. Just expressing my lack of understanding about the situation. I read the story, I know that's why they banned most firearms in Australia. I'm just out of the loop on the thing. OK, too many headshots made, too many hits with too little ammo. What do we think happened and what is the difference that it makes?
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by happyhunter » 19 Jan 2016, 5:11 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 16 Feb 2017, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Title_II » 19 Jan 2016, 5:37 am

happyhunter wrote:
Title_II wrote:OK, it sounds like a lot of people don't believe the official story. What is the sane version of what we think happened?

Or, on the lesser side, it happened, but the government is lying about the details. Not sure what that would accomplish because something very terrbile happened regardless of the finer points, so lying about the details wouldn't change much IMO.

Or, they just bumbled it and got a lot of it wrong. In which case, as above, not sure how much of a difference the details would make.

I'm not being critical. Just expressing my lack of understanding about the situation. I read the story, I know that's why they banned most firearms in Australia. I'm just out of the loop on the thing. OK, too many headshots made, too many hits with too little ammo. What do we think happened and what is the difference that it makes?

The markmanship of the shooter at Port Arthur is unmatched compared to other massacres, ie, the ratio of wounded to dead. Statistically the P.A massacre stands out from massacres where similar weapons were used.

The other problem some people have is there has never been a trial so evidence was never tested in court. Conspiracy theories aside, without a court case or inquest there can be no acceptable conclusion.

So what happened does not actually matter, it's just an issue of wanting procedure completed?

Again, NOT criticising. I'm not the slightest bit skeptical there could be problems with the story, I don't know what's going on. I'm trying to understand what this is about. Shooting too well means what? A lot of people died either way. What am I missing? There is something here I am missing and that's what I'm trying to get at.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jan 2016, 6:02 am

Title_II wrote:
happyhunter wrote:
Title_II wrote:OK, it sounds like a lot of people don't believe the official story. What is the sane version of what we think happened?

The markmanship of the shooter at Port Arthur is unmatched compared to other massacres, ie, the ratio of wounded to dead. Statistically the P.A massacre stands out from massacres where similar weapons were used.

The other problem some people have is there has never been a trial so evidence was never tested in court. Conspiracy theories aside, without a court case or inquest there can be no acceptable conclusion.

So what happened does not actually matter, it's just an issue of wanting procedure completed?

Again, NOT criticising. I'm not the slightest bit skeptical there could be problems with the story, I don't know what's going on. I'm trying to understand what this is about. Shooting too well means what? A lot of people died either way. What am I missing? There is something here I am missing and that's what I'm trying to get at.

I think the question we all have is how can someone with such limited intellectual capacity could shoot like a marksman and why the correct legal process was completely ignored,

There apparently was a police officer who befriended Bryant who was a highly trained Marksman (make of that what you will),
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Title_II » 19 Jan 2016, 6:12 am

OK, so we think it might completely be bunk (other than the dying). I'm starting to understand.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jan 2016, 6:24 am

Title_II wrote:OK, so we think it might completely be bunk (other than the dying). I'm starting to understand.

Well that's the theory but who really knows what happened. There are certainly more questions that answers that's for sure. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Title_II » 19 Jan 2016, 6:39 am

That's what I wanted to know. So I could understand what is going on. Thanks.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by David Brown » 19 Jan 2016, 7:24 am

I will try to sum up the concerns we have down here, and I am not sure what to believe myself. The above mentioned facts as we know them suggest remarkable achievement yet a less than average person did it? No following of due process always triggers a cover up theory. They have a perpetrator to satisfy the media/populations thirst for justice, and he is not smart enough to come out fighting or work with a defence team. Too many "unreal" circumstances for it to be likely and a feeling it was rigged by the government to shock and aww the people into willingly accepting harsh restrictive laws about to be thrust upon them, even many shooters.

Out of all the left of field claims I would add if this is a cover up, I would never put it past a foreign government doing it, with or without Australian knowledge or help. Ask yourself which world government would have sufficient ability to implant a suitable warrior and get them out, while setting up a known to be intellectually deficient scapegoat? And given it was 1996 and this aligned with a political agenda that may well be getting talked about a lot in that country again?

Think about that, get a result in another country and then use it as an example of what to do in your own. Sounds crazy but plausible, but when you look at the details of their murdering and corrupt past, they two individuals, are both very determined, driven and seemed to not be divorced despite a litany of proven infidelity issues on both sides ……………just saying'

If it is a staged event it could be even more than most imagine.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics