Burleigh Heads Proposed Gun Shop - BAN

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Burleigh Heads Proposed Gun Shop - BAN

Post by Spudman75 » 21 Jan 2016, 11:24 am

If your on Facebook, please comment on this:

https://www.facebook.com/michaelhartmp/posts/934428309973542:0

We need to send Michael Hart MP a clear message. He is wrong!
Spudman75
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Burleigh Heads Proposed Gun Shop - BAN

Post by Spudman75 » 21 Jan 2016, 11:30 am

One of the complaints is that it is too close to a residential area.... see http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/bus ... 8b96a84ad1

But...

The West Burleigh Rd complex is home to businesses including a yoga studio, a needle exchange, a PR/marketing company and an art gallery.

Member for Burleigh Michael Hart MP said the site was too close to residential areas for a gun shop.

...drugs and drug users are OK but legal business isn't??
Spudman75
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by southeast varmiter » 21 Jan 2016, 12:46 pm

Yes. Firearm owners are worse than junkies - that's the way I read it.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Heckler303 » 21 Jan 2016, 12:56 pm

Michael Mcbaldy guy's not been wearing his hat out too often. The sun must have fried his brain.

Brain-dead votesucker.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by adam » 21 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm

Not fit to be in office when his personal discrimination bias against law abiding people is involved with his decision making as a MP.

Could you imagine if he wanted to ban jetski stores because he didn't like jetski's, or kites?
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 21 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

read the comments. standard whining rude minority with no clue vs LAFO's

pretty typical really.

"Shane
5 hours ago
council restricts the locations of brothels so they should also be restricting the location of gun shops to similar areas"

Oh great, drop in for a box of power-points and a quickie. Shooting could get real expensive

"sidney
5 hours ago
Drew has a good point . As for me I did not k now there were any gun shops in Australia to sell to the public . ? Surly there should be none . If people need gun clubs surly they are the places for selling of guns for there sport . Not in the public shops or industrial area ."

No comment :(
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by brett1868 » 21 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

As much as I dislike Fakebook I've logged in and posted a comment....
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by pajamatime » 22 Jan 2016, 1:51 am

Tell Mr. Hart how you feel:

burleigh@parliament.qld.gov.au
07 5560 4100
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 22 Jan 2016, 6:10 am

I'm still working on that invasion plan. I've lost patience waiting for you guys to sort these idiots out yourselves. I'm a good sorter, I work very fast. And, trust me, life under Provisional Field Marshal Title will be hard. And a lot of people will be put against the wall. You will get angry, and revolt, and take your country back. But, in doing so, you will take it back from them, not just me. And take a couple other things back as well :)

Still looking for a...what the heck is this? A Ute Supplier? No idea what that means, but ready for volunteers. Also, Chief Coordinator of Executions is still open.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by anthillinside » 22 Jan 2016, 6:30 am

Title_II
Invasion plan? Don’t bother, just fly in first class and claim asylum :thumbsup: (just dress right … you know what a hijab is right?) :sarcasm:
Your going to need a bigger wall than you think, we have more politicians per capita than any other country , don’t take my word for it . http://www.answers.com/Q/What_country_in_the_world_has_the_most_politicians_per_capita so bring plenty of ammo, you couldn’t afford it here. :thumbsdown:

Ute = Pickup :drinks:

I’m applying for the position of Chief Coordinator of Executions
Qualifications; Past member of the Spanish Inquisition. :allegedly:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 22 Jan 2016, 7:00 am

Hired.

Yeah, we'll pack extra ammo, thanks for the intel. :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Supaduke » 22 Jan 2016, 10:29 am

Careful you don't exceed your baggage allowance , going over can cost more than the flight. The wife's luggage is now always inspected and weighed at home before any departures.

On a serious note this is just one more example of the vocal minority ruling over the silent majority. Misinformed do-gooders preaching their holier than thou rubbish. Other examples include anti-vaxxers, religious types influencing medical research, the people that claimed with absolute certainty that dredging port Phillip bay would decimate all the sea life and Dolphins and of course the politicians that have adapted the new policy of ban, ban , ban.

In Australia we are becoming a nation with laws that always apply to our country's dumbest and laziest, but which everyone must comply. Self regulation and responsibility has gone out the window. Political correctness and the fear of 'offending' anyone has become simply ludicrous.

But like most Aussies, myself included, we have become subservient and apathetic to it all. Only really getting cranky if it affects us directly. We are over governed and over taxed

Viva la revolution !!!!

End rant
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Jan 2016, 12:58 pm

This is another attempt at whipping up the antigun hysteria, the nerve of an elected parliamentarian seeking to influence a local council decision on account of his own aversion to guns(more so his party policy aversion), and aversion to gun-folk. He should eff the eff off quite frankly.... Just standard big three opposition to anything gun related...

This application is for 41 square metres....the size of a double garage... and theyre getting their panties in a collective bind :lol:

I am astounded, but not really surprised at the ill-informed pure hate and bigotry being directed at this application, and shooters generally- there are a number of objections lodged with the council, its a bit of a pain to access them one at a time, but its worth it.....you really get a look into the heads of these poor poor people who are so ill informed and certainly rank highly on the stupid index.... with their names and addresses and in certain cases their own businesses list (I would suggest local gun enthusiast note who they are...and take your money elsewhere)

close to the kids, school kids might walk past and see guns, no need for it, no call for it,
so many of these twits outright associate lawful gun owners with drugs, crime, bikie gangs....

No need for it here... no shooting on the GC, because everyone knows that when hunters leave their suburban home or apartment and head for the hills or mountains or plain or swamp to hunt..... there's always a gunshop handy out there in the sticks.. :roll:

The tards have indeed gone full retard on this....I think most of the emailed/written objections assumed their hoplo-outburst brain farts would be kept mum by the council....

Sorry. All public, names, addresses, email, company etc :thumbsup:

application forms, plans, objections and support here
http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/ma ... ey=218557#

Reviewing this info, it become clear, very quickly that in this super-bureaucratic red tape environment it is SO difficult to start a business, not just a firearm business, but anything..... the procedure this guy(girl?) has gone through just to get the premises approved by council (before even Police licensing) is stupendous... just to lodge the forms with Council has cost $4,617!!!. There design fees, consultant fees, submission costs, advertising, assessment, objections reporting, review, response, amendment, JUST TO START A BUSINESS??? THEN try starting a firearm business!!

Guys and girls get your letters of support into GCCC, submissions close 8 Feb;

mail@goldcoast.qld.gov.au
Re: Application Number: MCU201500965
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by RealNick » 22 Jan 2016, 1:00 pm

KWhorenet wrote:"sidney
5 hours ago
Drew has a good point . As for me I did not k now there were any gun shops in Australia to sell to the public . ? Surly there should be none . If people need gun clubs surly they are the places for selling of guns for there sport . Not in the public shops or industrial area ."

LOL.

He just proved his own views to be flawed. There are gun shops everywhere causing zero problems, proven by the fact he didn't even realise there were any.

But omg so scary, not that I know I will imagine lots of problems! :crazy: :roll:
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Spudman75 » 27 Jan 2016, 8:02 pm

Spudman75
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 29 Jan 2016, 3:22 pm

The local member for Burleigh left me speechless when it was reported that he opposed the sports shop 'cause it was too close to the pristine beaches and the Burleigh Heads CBD. Here we have a person, trying to jump through mountains of red tape to establish a business that might offer employment opportunities.
Meanwhile, we have the Qld Premier running around the top end, calling meetings etc., while trying to explain to 200+ sacked workers from the nickel Plant where the jobs went.
Seems to me that someone's not on the same page as the Premier.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Norton » 15 Feb 2016, 9:53 am

RoginaJack wrote:he opposed the sports shop 'cause it was too close to the pristine beaches and the Burleigh Heads CBD.

lol wtf?
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by disco2 » 28 Feb 2016, 9:08 am

Update,

The Gold Coast City Council is now going to vote on this proposal on 7/3/2016.

So if you live in the area , just make sure you remember the names of Councillor Greg Betts (who won't yet commit to let on how he will vote), the State Member Michael HART (who is just a grub and should go back to his regular job as a labourer at the council tip) and our ever present idiot Mayor who has difficulty in stringing a coherent sentence together.

Cheers

Disco,
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
disco2
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Feb 2016, 9:29 am

Norton wrote:
RoginaJack wrote:he opposed the sports shop 'cause it was too close to the pristine beaches and the Burleigh Heads CBD.

lol wtf?

Its like in the movies... when the evil character emanates a brown or black mist of pure evilness that drift towards the happy places and the good people and turns them.... same with evil gun peoples, their presence turns everything bad....

The grabtards have lost the connection with reality and the real world, just listen to them whenever they speak of guns...whether from the mouths of the greens in parliaments are their minions on the streets, the SamLee crew et al....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Feb 2016, 9:35 am

disco2 wrote:Update,

The Gold Coast City Council is now going to vote on this proposal on 7/3/2016.

So if you live in the area , just make sure you remember the names of Councillor Greg Betts (who won't yet commit to let on how he will vote), the State Member Michael HART (who is just a grub and should go back to his regular job as a labourer at the council tip) and our ever present idiot Mayor who has difficulty in stringing a coherent sentence together.

Cheers

Disco,

The state member should stick his nose out of local council politics and issues, back the eff away, leave it to the Council to 'enforce' the planning controls..... as it stands there is no reason why this change of use to a very minor retail use should be prevented, given that the area is dominated by retail used.... not to mention the next door MMA 'shop'...(is it still there? was it even mentioned?).

This should have gone through without a hint of controversy and I would suggest that if opposed, then each and every slightly unsocial use application should be opposed..... as we know, shooting is one of if not THE most highly regulated activities in this land, the these pieces of @#$% portray a shop as some kind of threat, to the children and families :evil: :evil:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by AnotherMisfire » 28 Feb 2016, 7:56 pm

Last edited by AnotherMisfire on 29 Feb 2016, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Feb 2016, 8:10 pm

Emailing will achieve nothing, most likely deleted by office staff - better option is to drop in his twitter feed or Faceache page :thumbsup:

Also drop it into the comment sections relating to the story if possible, and if they publish of course...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by disco2 » 09 Mar 2016, 8:53 am

Update,

Now these 'people' , and I use the term loosely have put off making a decision until AFTER the Council Elections and the date is 6/4/2016.
Gutless wonders who are after the money in the job rather than look after jobs creation.
Make sure you who live in the area vote out Councillor BETTS.
At least then he can make a decision - to get another job..

Cheers

Disco
disco2
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by disco2 » 06 Apr 2016, 8:49 am

Update.
Today, is the day the spinless rodents from the Gold Coast City Council make a decision on this application.
One bit of GOOD news is that we got rid of the local councillor Greg Betts at the last council elections.
Would not make a commitment as to how he would vote, so out he goes.
Now, DO NOT forget it the decision goes against the applicant, then so to we get rid of that other rodent Michael HART, the State Member who started this objection nonsense.
Wait with baited breath that common sense prevails.

Will advise of the outcome.

Cheers

Disco
disco2
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 06 Apr 2016, 10:34 am

disco2 wrote:Update.
Today, is the day the spinless rodents from the Gold Coast City Council make a decision on this application.
One bit of GOOD news is that we got rid of the local councillor Greg Betts at the last council elections.
Would not make a commitment as to how he would vote, so out he goes.
Now, DO NOT forget it the decision goes against the applicant, then so to we get rid of that other rodent Michael HART, the State Member who started this objection nonsense.
Wait with baited breath that common sense prevails.

Will advise of the outcome.

Cheers

Disco

There doesnt seem to be any logical reason to vote this down, going by the similar commercial uses nearby and many other reason...

If they do go the 'someone think of the children' and 'stop the guns' route, they know QCAT will most probably look at it from a legal / lawful perspective, leave the emotive crap at the door and overturn councils decision.... maybe council know that and will allow QCAT the 'privilege' of allowing the use to avoid possible flak....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Sam45 » 06 Apr 2016, 7:55 pm

So do we have a result on the new store?
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by disco2 » 06 Apr 2016, 8:25 pm

Nothing up on the Gold Coast City Council Development Application tracker as yet.
So, at this stage no news is good news - I hope.

Cheers

Disco
disco2
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by disco2 » 07 Apr 2016, 3:36 pm

Update,

These Rodents have put off making a decision now until 6th May.

We got rid of the local councillor Greg BETTS (at the last Council elections) who along with the State Member Michael HART started this effort to deny this small business.

So, I have written to the State Member and advised him that as he is against small business he will be the next victim, when the State Government elections come about. Remember this rodents name. MICHAEL HART.

He is last on you electoral vote card. He MAY be able to source a new job as a Labourer at the local tip, but I doubt it. Too technical for him.

Greg BETTS is still shaking/scratching his head wondering what happened and why he was voted out.

He forgot the power of the local law abiding firearms owners.

Will keep you updated.

Cheers

Disco
disco2
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Bourt » 13 Apr 2016, 2:58 pm

disco2 wrote:(who won't yet commit to let on how he will vote)

That would be a no then.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by disco2 » 20 May 2016, 7:05 pm

Update,

This proposal has 'apparently' been approved despite the objections.

There is one sting in the tail. The shop is not allowed to display any advertising.

Time to go and black out the Local Members advertising and see how he copes.

It won't be opened until Christmas apparently.

Just remember the Local Member of Parliaments' name. MICHEAL HART.

Vote this rodent out as he is anti small business.

Cheers

Disco.
disco2
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics