Senate estimates provide insight into NFA review

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Senate estimates provide insight into NFA review

Post by pajamatime » 17 Feb 2016, 9:04 pm

The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: ESTIMATES PROVIDE INSIGHT INTO NFA REVIEW

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Feb 2016, 9:27 pm

I don't see any new insights there only the normal dribble from the SSAA " yeah yeah we're busy protecting shooters..... here's some useless information. .... pay your renewal already bla bla bla "
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 18 Feb 2016, 1:06 am

on_one_wheel wrote:I don't see any new insights there only the normal dribble from the SSAA " yeah yeah we're busy protecting shooters..... here's some useless information. .... pay your renewal already bla bla bla "

+1
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Feb 2016, 9:48 am

Maybe I missed something, the links are all older news stories etc..... I thought there might be some FOI disclosures, or some leaked docs, but leaking apparently only occurs when it involved the refugees.....

Are they trying to 'reveal' that the States wont be forced to change their laws on account of a bureaucratic group vote in Cantberra??? That was a given and is why each state has its own legislature.....

What is interesting is the NFI scheduled launch in June this year '2 yrs ahead of time' - lets hope that on 1 July, when some pea brain presses the go button on the national system (that we were supposed to have and had been funding CRIMTRAC for, for years) ....doesnt go into melt down and randomise all ownership details......deletions / additions.... lost firearms here and there....

What a disaster it might become, apart from potential for crooked cops dumping data to order by postcode to the other side of the country, naaaaaah that wouldnt happen ALL POLICE ARE HONEST AND LAW ABIDING. :problem:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by pajamatime » 18 Feb 2016, 2:05 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Maybe I missed something, the links are all older news stories etc..... I thought there might be some FOI disclosures, or some leaked docs, but leaking apparently only occurs when it involved the refugees.....

Are they trying to 'reveal' that the States wont be forced to change their laws on account of a bureaucratic group vote in Cantberra??? That was a given and is why each state has its own legislature.....

What is interesting is the NFI scheduled launch in June this year '2 yrs ahead of time' - lets hope that on 1 July, when some pea brain presses the go button on the national system (that we were supposed to have and had been funding CRIMTRAC for, for years) ....doesnt go into melt down and randomise all ownership details......deletions / additions.... lost firearms here and there....

What a disaster it might become, apart from potential for crooked cops dumping data to order by postcode to the other side of the country, naaaaaah that wouldnt happen ALL POLICE ARE HONEST AND LAW ABIDING. :problem:

yeah I agree with all of your comments so far. Dono what to do about the SSAA. All i know is if the NRA can go from towing the line to super gun rights protector then surely if we all scream at once the SSAA will shed its fudds at the top and commit to radical change?

edit: I want to know if can vote the top brass out and put in proper pro gun rights leadership in SSAA but some people insist it can't happen?
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Feb 2016, 3:26 pm

The SSAA isnt there to fight for our gun rights.... I've said it a few times before, but it is in their interest as an org, to maintain the status quo. If they achieve a few % growth in numbers per year, the board will pat each other on the backs, a few high fives, the org as a unit, is happy.

If they were to go hard, and just say they used their number, got active and vocal on the 'rights' issues, and say rolled back the PTA requirements, removed the genuine need and reason crap..... they would suddenly find many punters didnt need to shell out for the annual membership fees any longer.....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by juststarting » 18 Feb 2016, 3:31 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:The SSAA isnt there to fight for our gun rights.... I've said it a few times before, but it is in their interest as an org, to maintain the status quo. If they achieve a few % growth in numbers per year, the board will pat each other on the backs, a few high fives, the org as a unit, is happy.

If they were to go hard, and just say they used their number, got active and vocal on the 'rights' issues, and say rolled back the PTA requirements, removed the genuine need and reason crap..... they would suddenly find many punters didnt need to shell out for the annual membership fees any longer.....

Or they would find that memberships grow by a much higher number, because without such organisation we could go back to where we were. Now, I am definitely not saying that SSAA is that organisation, they are not. But assuming for argument sake that they would become one, I would support them. Right now, not so much.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jul 2016, 12:14 pm

Still no new on the revised, top secret NFA review?
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 09 Jul 2016, 1:27 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Still no new on the revised, top secret NFA review?

top 'open' secret I suspect... We're all in de nile... denial...if we dont realise the 'revised NFA' has been siting on a desk in Cantberra, awaiting the election...

There are few topics that received unanimous bipartisan support there...1) pay/privileges 2)gun control.

'They' will NOT allow the 5+ round Adler rapid fire assault semi full auto shotgun rifle gun weapon....to be imported.

So.... the import 'ban' will no doubt be extended even though they said if wouldnt be, unless the individual states either 'regulate' (easier) or legislate changes...

What else? expect other parts of the wishlist :thumbsdown: :twisted:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jul 2016, 8:05 pm

I feel like a kid waiting for his dad to deliver his promised whooping for something that I didn't do ... I don't know when I'm going to get it but I'm pretty sure he's waiting until he's real mad before it's dished out. :shock:
I've probably got just enough time to pad my trousers out with news papers to soften the blow :lol:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by chacka » 14 Jul 2016, 3:11 pm

juststarting wrote:But assuming for argument sake that they would become one, I would support them. Right now, not so much.

:thumbsup:
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Jul 2016, 6:01 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I feel like a kid waiting for his dad to deliver his promised whooping .....

Dont worry little johnnie, not long to wait now, Daddy will be home soon.....
....that is, new government, next election is as far as it could be into the future, so, get the Vaseline maxi-pack ready and prepare.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Aug 2016, 9:29 pm

4 days into August and still nothing. :problem:

Have they filled the review with the X Files never to be seen again?

Adler sunset clause broken
Appearance laws being flexed

I wonder what they have in store for us.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 04 Aug 2016, 9:55 pm

I think its clear the 'review' was prepared and signed of ..... probably a couple of years ago, just like the original NFA was prepared well before 96 (was it 87 or 90/91 when the wish list was put onto paper...)

The wording of that excuse of a justice minister in his press release indicated it only unanimity thats lacking.... not the report. He wants/needs ALL ministers to agree. I wonder who the hold outs are??

Contents - clearly lever action shotties are to be restricted. I cant imagine how though, if pumps to rounds are 'C', they couldnt put the lever with 5+ in the same category, wouldnt make sense. That leaves 'D'..... then the 5+ in 'D' and the 5- in 'A' wouldnt make sense.... that leaves 5- to go to 'C'....!!??

Apart from lever shotties.... I wonder what else they could possibly fiddle with? I shudder at the thought...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Sep 2016, 3:04 pm

Apparently the 2016 NFA Review is dead and buried.

Do I live under a rock or something?
The moment the review was whispered about everyone knew, now that it's forgotten about due to lack of interest I've heard nothing.

Here's the story I just found that was posted in April 2016.

http://www.firearmscouncil.org.au/index ... -are-safe/
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Sep 2016, 4:52 pm

Dead and buried??

No where near death...

in todays 'The Age';

Victorian Police Minister Lisa Neville says the state government will act on the police review, clamping down on gun crime based on the NSW model. This means introducing new offences to deal with:
Drive by shootings
Producing guns with technologies such as 3D printers
Banned people possessing guns
Ms Neville said gun storage rules could also be tightened to insist on better security and reduce the number of guns kept at hobby farms or holiday houses.

Even though gun manufacture is well controlled by legislation, as is prohibited people possessing, as is using guns in drive bys or other illicit ends...

.....these reviews are well and truly underway... there are several groups all under the guidance and direction of the Federal AG, state police minister groups, state police senior staff groups... every man and his dog working hard to bring about change (in LAFO regulation)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Sep 2016, 5:28 pm

Yeah but Mike said ... um , ahh ....and the federal government. .. ohh er :?

I guess only certainties in life are death and taxes.
You could add that if a politician's lips are moving you can be sure it's lying.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics