Bloody bowhunters

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Bloody bowhunters

Post by Harts » 05 Apr 2016, 3:11 pm

Maybe they wanted a short cut to skip the traffic :lol:
Harts
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Toolman » 07 Apr 2016, 9:54 pm

I have over the years seen some radical changes to the laws set out for gun owners across the country. As time has gone on poor judgment on behalf of the police (licensing division) has allowed unfit and also mentally unstable persons to obtain and possess a license to have and use firearms. People have forgotten that guns are not the killer... the fact is its the unsavoury individual who shows a complete lack of regard,respect and or self control that legally owns a firearm who pre meditates his actions leading up to either the death or wounding of either animals or humans. Guns like bows need someone to pull the trigger before blood is drawn. Ive seen what guns do to human flesh and also to animals in fact ive seen limbs severed by them and yeah its not pretty. I am a dedicated deer hunter and wild pig hunter i stalk the animals i intend to eat i think that stalking is a fairer way to hunt for the animal it means to me that if ive been stalking a deer for 3 days and it gets away it was meant to be. Should i have stalked it for 3 days and i make a kill then my task is complete. I am one to believe that every hunter must know about bullet placement if a hunter knows where and when to release a projectile his day out ends with reward because the animal being shot will drop on the spot and not run of in pain bleeding to death. Bow hunting if done in a professional manner has its rewards but not so often is there an outright kill made to the animal. People need to be able to prove thier mentality to own and to be trusted with the absolute privilage of having a firearms license given to them in thier name. These people including myself should be screened by an appropriate authority and be deemed mentally stable and also be able to show they are in touch with themselves emotionally at least once or twice a year. People kill people not guns not bows not cars not alcohol etc etc. My thoughts are the government should wake up to a more simpler solution to the mess that is at hand instead of living in the dust of past issues and atrocities. Myself and many other gun owners maintain a high level of respect for guns and laws at hand where we as gun owners lose out is when the you beaut powers that be change the laws to suit themselves they are not changed with an open mind because if they were we gun owners wouldnt be fighting back for what we see as fair. Sux to be me, the new transportation law change has had me sell my old rodeo ute specific for going up into the high country for deer hunting to have me buy a 35k ute with a heavily modified tray to conceal my weapons in come hunting time. Funny thing is its illegal to have concealed weapons. Stuffed if id know anymore the government bodies who assume control over all humanity should perhaps give the crap shovel a rest before the handle snaps with excess weight on it. Re evaluate the whole deal for a more fairer and realistic rule set that works for the people who gave the thier job in the first place. Ive had my say now im going into my gunsafe for my .3006 because ive got a freezer to fill. Heads up and hunt with pride fellow hunters give the otherside nothing to shoot us down with. Greenies go water your alfalfa and carrots. Cheers
Toolman
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Chickenhawk » 13 Apr 2016, 9:30 am

Toolman wrote:Heads up and hunt with pride fellow hunters give the otherside nothing to shoot us down with. Greenies go water your alfalfa and carrots.

:friends: :thumbsup:
Chickenhawk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics