Bloody bowhunters

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Bloody bowhunters

Post by pajamatime » 04 Mar 2016, 1:45 pm

AnotherMisfire wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:
AnotherMisfire wrote:Agreed OldBloke...

Does remind me of the saying ... When you're in a hole - put down the shovel...

Geeez,,,,,, is that where I've gone wrong all these years ?

I've got to the stage sometimes that I thought daytime was only 1 hr around midday. :lol:

My parents told me when I was six and digging in the sandpit that if I kept going I'd eng up in China.

I don't think they realised I wasn't a great detector of sarcasm until a few hours later when I'd excavated the majority of the sandpit and was about to crack the metre mark...

my parents said the same thing and I attempted the same dig. needless to say i was destroyed when I realized I was never going to reach china. =(
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 05 Mar 2016, 8:54 pm

AnotherMisfire wrote:Yeah I know...

My view of what got filmed is that they were doing the right thing - but that isn't gonna wash with the general public.

I just wonder if the fact they haven't had to suffer the pain of licensing makes them less aware of what a small bit of bad PR can do.

But dammit guys - if the ABC is there filming you - wait for a f***ing 100% clean shot.

Yeah, I'm sure a license would have ensured a headshot. No need to even practice.

If you ever want to learn to hunt, pair up with a bow hunter. Shooting a bunny at 400m is fun and all, and good shooting, but it is not hunting. You bowhunt a few years and you'll be able to leave all your gear at home and go hunting with a rock and a knife. These people hunt. When the rifle hunters are coming home empty handed, the bow hunters are filling the freezer. I can't believe it's not popular over there. You guys seem pretty enthusiastic about hunting.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by happyhunter » 05 Mar 2016, 9:17 pm

Title_II wrote:
AnotherMisfire wrote:Yeah I know...

My view of what got filmed is that they were doing the right thing - but that isn't gonna wash with the general public.

I just wonder if the fact they haven't had to suffer the pain of licensing makes them less aware of what a small bit of bad PR can do.

But dammit guys - if the ABC is there filming you - wait for a f***ing 100% clean shot.

Yeah, I'm sure a license would have ensured a headshot. No need to even practice.

If you ever want to learn to hunt, pair up with a bow hunter. Shooting a bunny at 400m is fun and all, and good shooting, but it is not hunting. You bowhunt a few years and you'll be able to leave all your gear at home and go hunting with a rock and a knife. These people hunt. When the rifle hunters are coming home empty handed, the bow hunters are filling the freezer. I can't believe it's not popular over there. You guys seem pretty enthusiastic about hunting.

It's growing. A lot of gun shops are stocking archery gear.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2016, 9:31 pm

I just can't be bothered chasing arrows, that's for fit people :lol:

Bow hunters have done a good job of giving the general hunting community a bad name here in Australia. A photo of a poorly placed arrow in a Kangaroo did the rounds recently and judging by the comments, all hunters are cruel sick twisted bastards. ( I believe hunting roos with bows n arrows is illegal here )

There has been numerous similar negative stories surrounding bow hunting here in Australia , PETA and RSPCA lap it up and paste it all over the net.
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/anima ... j2ab5.html
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... a/2674420/
http://ktla.com/2016/02/11/multiple-bir ... ea-police/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rgery.html

When something gets away with an arrow or two hanging out of it, it's like a big red flag that doesn't go unnoticed.
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 05 Mar 2016, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Wylie27 » 05 Mar 2016, 10:05 pm

The same douchebag is on Facebook posting up images of him and a mate "practising" in a motel room into a beer carton....... Looks like they are having an awesome party

You just want to sit him down and slap the bejesus out of him..

if the anti's see it, you can bet your butt the bow guys will need a licence..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 05 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm

There's a bloke in town who practises in his front yard. Nobody seems to care.

Those negative stories just make news because arrows are visible and somebody got a pic/footage. Most bow hunters, like shooters, are responsible people. A tiny minority of shooters illegally shoot natives and we get tarred with the same brush by the antis so lets not fall for that trap.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Gwion » 05 Mar 2016, 10:50 pm

When those photos and news stories of "bowhunter leaves arrow in kangaroo" do the rounds, it usually turns out that some latch key teenager was given a bow for target work and decides to go take pot shots with out knowing (or caring) a thing about ethical hunting or game regulations.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Title_II » 05 Mar 2016, 11:19 pm

PETA is a terrorist organization. If they are keeping that kind of company, you should just use CS on them or deport them to Afghanistan.

Although I don't hunt I do have a hunting certificate and every year when I get my fishing license I pay the $5 for a PETA stamp. Hoping to finally bag my limit this spring.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Mar 2016, 11:59 am

Peta stamp?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 06 Mar 2016, 12:10 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:Peta stamp?

Bag limit of 12.

pajamatime wrote:
AnotherMisfire wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:
AnotherMisfire wrote:Agreed OldBloke...

Does remind me of the saying ... When you're in a hole - put down the shovel...

Geeez,,,,,, is that where I've gone wrong all these years ?

I've got to the stage sometimes that I thought daytime was only 1 hr around midday. :lol:

My parents told me when I was six and digging in the sandpit that if I kept going I'd eng up in China.

I don't think they realised I wasn't a great detector of sarcasm until a few hours later when I'd excavated the majority of the sandpit and was about to crack the metre mark...

my parents said the same thing and I attempted the same dig. needless to say i was destroyed when I realized I was never going to reach china. =(

Mine told me the same thing but at least I am on the other side of the world. Seems your parents had a bad sense of direction. You would have dug to New Jersey. :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Mar 2016, 12:43 pm

hell no. no kid deserves that!
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 06 Mar 2016, 1:25 pm

Haha :D
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Harts » 05 Apr 2016, 3:11 pm

Maybe they wanted a short cut to skip the traffic :lol:
Harts
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Toolman » 07 Apr 2016, 9:54 pm

I have over the years seen some radical changes to the laws set out for gun owners across the country. As time has gone on poor judgment on behalf of the police (licensing division) has allowed unfit and also mentally unstable persons to obtain and possess a license to have and use firearms. People have forgotten that guns are not the killer... the fact is its the unsavoury individual who shows a complete lack of regard,respect and or self control that legally owns a firearm who pre meditates his actions leading up to either the death or wounding of either animals or humans. Guns like bows need someone to pull the trigger before blood is drawn. Ive seen what guns do to human flesh and also to animals in fact ive seen limbs severed by them and yeah its not pretty. I am a dedicated deer hunter and wild pig hunter i stalk the animals i intend to eat i think that stalking is a fairer way to hunt for the animal it means to me that if ive been stalking a deer for 3 days and it gets away it was meant to be. Should i have stalked it for 3 days and i make a kill then my task is complete. I am one to believe that every hunter must know about bullet placement if a hunter knows where and when to release a projectile his day out ends with reward because the animal being shot will drop on the spot and not run of in pain bleeding to death. Bow hunting if done in a professional manner has its rewards but not so often is there an outright kill made to the animal. People need to be able to prove thier mentality to own and to be trusted with the absolute privilage of having a firearms license given to them in thier name. These people including myself should be screened by an appropriate authority and be deemed mentally stable and also be able to show they are in touch with themselves emotionally at least once or twice a year. People kill people not guns not bows not cars not alcohol etc etc. My thoughts are the government should wake up to a more simpler solution to the mess that is at hand instead of living in the dust of past issues and atrocities. Myself and many other gun owners maintain a high level of respect for guns and laws at hand where we as gun owners lose out is when the you beaut powers that be change the laws to suit themselves they are not changed with an open mind because if they were we gun owners wouldnt be fighting back for what we see as fair. Sux to be me, the new transportation law change has had me sell my old rodeo ute specific for going up into the high country for deer hunting to have me buy a 35k ute with a heavily modified tray to conceal my weapons in come hunting time. Funny thing is its illegal to have concealed weapons. Stuffed if id know anymore the government bodies who assume control over all humanity should perhaps give the crap shovel a rest before the handle snaps with excess weight on it. Re evaluate the whole deal for a more fairer and realistic rule set that works for the people who gave the thier job in the first place. Ive had my say now im going into my gunsafe for my .3006 because ive got a freezer to fill. Heads up and hunt with pride fellow hunters give the otherside nothing to shoot us down with. Greenies go water your alfalfa and carrots. Cheers
Toolman
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Chickenhawk » 13 Apr 2016, 9:30 am

Toolman wrote:Heads up and hunt with pride fellow hunters give the otherside nothing to shoot us down with. Greenies go water your alfalfa and carrots.

:friends: :thumbsup:
Chickenhawk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics