Another GCA Adler fairytale.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Another GCA Adler fairytale.

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2016, 4:15 pm

I couldn't resist sharing this.

I'm constantly amazed at just how little people actually know about firearms yet they are willing to passionately act against us.... GCA realy do have a screw loose.

Reading through the comments gives you a great insight into what the firearms uneducated community ( there must be a better word for that ) are thinking and how little they know about our laws.
Perhaps we can use these comments as a guide to help us understand how best to teach them.

Or just have a read and a laugh.

edit; WARNING THIS NEWS ARTICLE AND THE FOLLOWING COMMENTS SECTION WILL INSULT YOUR INTELLIGENCE!

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne ... dney-siege
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 05 Mar 2016, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: Another GCA Adler fairytale.

Post by brett1868 » 05 Mar 2016, 4:42 pm

An open call to all loyal New South Welshmen, we need to buy more Adlers !!! The bloody banana benders are outdoing us 2:1 and we can let that happen. They can have the State of Origin but lets beat them in Adler registrations. I'll lodge a PTA on Monday to help clawback their lead and I challenge all from our great state to follow this example.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2016, 5:37 pm

I'm gonna bet that they're popular in QLD for chasing pigs.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 05 Mar 2016, 6:01 pm

4000......hmmmmm, I wonder what the number would have been had the tards not kicked up such a stink about the semi-auto lever action death laser gunses....

3? :lol:

GCA Fail.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gwion » 05 Mar 2016, 6:13 pm

Oh... it hurts my head!

The ignorant broken record routine of a few, rather insulting, individuals.

Good to see some responsible shooters replying intelligently, though!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2016, 7:50 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:4000......hmmmmm, I wonder what the number would have been had the tards not kicked up such a stink about the semi-auto lever action death laser gunses....

GCA Fail.

The best advertising campaign ever in Australia and it cost Noia almost nothing.

I first heard about it because of the hype.
I ended up ordering one with both long and short barrels.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2016, 7:53 pm

Gwion wrote:Oh... it hurts my head!

The ignorant broken record routine of a few, rather insulting, individuals.

Good to see some responsible shooters replying intelligently, though!

Too right ! They just keep going around in circles. I'm sure they're just fishing, trying to push a LAFO " over the edge" ... good luck turkeys.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Title_II » 05 Mar 2016, 8:44 pm

Thousands of Adler rapid-fire shotguns have flooded into Australia over the past six months, sidestepping a ban on a previous version of the controversial weapon, imposed following the deadly Sydney siege.

Rapid fire? Who is this idiot, I don't see an author. Send him or her to my house in the Commonwealth and I'll edumacate them on rapid fire.

In Victoria, there were 602 Adler A110s registered by licence holders and 86 held by dealers.

I know there are spelling idiosyncrasies with Commonwealth nations, can you spell "licence" that way or was this just not proof read?

Anyway...

602? In an entire state? I have more than that rolling around the floor of my garage.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 05 Mar 2016, 8:47 pm

Finally, should I ask what a banana bender is? Second time I've seen this here. But I'm skeerd to ask.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by juststarting » 05 Mar 2016, 8:57 pm

Title_II wrote:Finally, should I ask what a banana bender is? Second time I've seen this here. But I'm skeerd to ask.

Person from QLD, they grow lots of bananas and someone has to bend them into that banana shape, I suppose. Once a year, they have a state wide banana bending day, essentially most companies are closed and subsidised by the QLD government, so the employees can spend a day on the banana plantations, bending them into that 'smiley' shape before they are harvested. I am from Melbourne though, so I don't really follow this lower social cast NSW vs QLD war.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Mar 2016, 9:01 pm

Title_II wrote:Finally, should I ask what a banana bender is? Second time I've seen this here. But I'm skeerd to ask.

A Nickname for those who live in Queensland. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2016, 9:07 pm

Someone who puts the bends in bananas, otherwise known as a Queenslander, lives in an Australian state called Queensland. ( they grow a lot of bananas in QLD )

In every state after Australia we have "nicknames" for our fellow interstate counterparts.
Western Australian's ... Sandgropers
South Australian's .... Crow eaters
Tasmanian 's .... two headed bastards , apple islanders
Victorian 's .... cabbage patchers , gum suckers or Mexicans
Northern Territory .... top enders
New South Wales ... Cockroaches
Australian Capital Territory ... ????
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 05 Mar 2016, 9:29 pm

on_one_wheel - I am literally dumber for reading that articles. But it didn't stop there. There are some very good, civilised comments from shooters compared to absolute idiots who are arguing against this, please, please, think of the children!

All I can say is that if a hunter needs to be able to get off five rapid fire shots at the same animal they must be a bloody bad shot. These weapons are just another replacement for the owners inadequate wedding tackle!!!

Just childish and has bases in nothing other school yard '...but what am I'.

No, if you have a big flock of ducks, then the more shot you get out (yes, aimed) the more duck meat goes into your freezer. When you invite chick-babe around for dinner with Duck, your wedding tackle gets a run if it was a good Duck.

I am not even sure how to read that one, above. That person is seriously challenged with stringing coherent sentences together.

:thumbsdown:
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Mar 2016, 10:18 pm

juststarting wrote:on_one_wheel - I am literally dumber for reading that articles. But it didn't stop there. There are some very good, civilised comments from shooters compared to absolute idiots who are arguing against this, please, please, think of the children!

All I can say is that if a hunter needs to be able to get off five rapid fire shots at the same animal they must be a bloody bad shot. These weapons are just another replacement for the owners inadequate wedding tackle!!!

Just childish and has bases in nothing other school yard '...but what am I'.

No, if you have a big flock of ducks, then the more shot you get out (yes, aimed) the more duck meat goes into your freezer. When you invite chick-babe around for dinner with Duck, your wedding tackle gets a run if it was a good Duck.

I am not even sure how to read that one, above. That person is seriously challenged with stringing coherent sentences together.

:thumbsdown:

" literally dumber for reading that article " :lol: I should have put a WARNING THIS ARTICLE MAY INSULT YOUR INTELLIGENCE in the OP

wow! I missed that last one, perhaps google translate might help ?

hopefully anyone undecided on the topic reads the comments and realizes that the anti's are all just plain nuts.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by happyhunter » 06 Mar 2016, 5:50 am

All the the usual adjectives in that article. Typical anti gun fear mongering rubbish.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Title_II » 06 Mar 2016, 7:14 am

on_one_wheel wrote:

Someone who puts the bends in bananas, otherwise known as a Queenslander, lives in an Australian state called Queensland. ( they grow a lot of bananas in QLD )

In every state after Australia we have "nicknames" for our fellow interstate counterparts.

I'm writing this down...
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by happyhunter » 06 Mar 2016, 8:11 am

on_one_wheel wrote:

I didn't make this one up, but people from NSW are known as "cockroaches". Sorry guys, but it's the official slang as stated on bob from oz.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Mar 2016, 11:39 am

For the most part it is two antis repeating a catch phrase and throwing arguments around, stating them as fact with nothing to back them up.

I started to wonder if I could guess who the two antis were... it definitely fits the modus operandi of two familiar antis...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 06 Mar 2016, 2:58 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:For the most part it is two antis repeating a catch phrase and throwing arguments around, stating them as fact with nothing to back them up.

I started to wonder if I could guess who the two antis were... it definitely fits the modus operandi of two familiar antis...

Bingo. The same 2 or 3 users continue to sprout the exact same catch phrase, and it looks like a losing battle to be honest. Just at a cursory glance, it appears that the antis in that comment section are extremely outnumbered by people who are either lafos or in support of us.

It seems that way in society as well, a very vocal extreme minority hates guns wants them all banned, but the majority of people are completely indifferent or in support of firearms owners. I personally do not know anybody that hates guns.

Even the law makers tend to ignore the extremist antis, shown by the fact that the review into the adler found it was nothing new and not a threat and importation of the 5 round was allowed.
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 06 Mar 2016, 3:15 pm

And here is the Qld Courier Mail version, Saturday, 5th March, 2016, page 29...

Alder 110 shotgun.jpg
"Rapid-fire shotguns....
Alder 110 shotgun.jpg (193.21 KiB) Viewed 5207 times

I particularly like the "gun control lobby argues.... - should be classified as a SEMI-AUTOMATIC firearm...etc" :crazy: :lol: :sarcasm:

Cheers.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 06 Mar 2016, 3:31 pm

God that article is so biased and one sided. All those Adlers are going to legal owners yet they spread scary BS about how someone like a member of a druggie bikie gang would want one to use for their dirty work.

Even though in reality they're better suited for hunting.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by pomemax » 06 Mar 2016, 4:42 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:4000......hmmmmm, I wonder what the number would have been had the tards not kicked up such a stink about the semi-auto lever action death laser gunses....

GCA Fail.

The best advertising campaign ever in Australia and it cost Noia almost nothing.

I first heard about it because of the hype.

SORTA MAKES ME WONDER WHO GAINED FROM ALL THE HYPE new brand on the market soon called Pardus same lever action shotty
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 06 Mar 2016, 4:49 pm

Its a conspiracy i tells ya!!
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 06 Mar 2016, 5:27 pm

RoginaJack wrote:And here is the Qld Courier Mail version, Saturday, 5th March, 2016, page 29...

Alder 110 shotgun.jpg

I particularly like the "gun control lobby argues.... - should be classified as a SEMI-AUTOMATIC firearm...etc" :crazy: :lol: :sarcasm:

Cheers.

If your going to write such trash, at least have the balls to put your name to the article ... that's totally gutless.

Perhaps GCA just pay to have a small writeup in the paper ... nows there's a good idea, I'd help fund a regular article by us, we've got some very articulate writers here.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Mar 2016, 5:44 pm

That's actually not a bad idea...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 06 Mar 2016, 8:15 pm

Yes, GCA could hold a meeting in a phone box and still have room to make a phone call.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 06 Mar 2016, 8:29 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:That's actually not a bad idea...

Im 99% sure it's what GCA are doing.

News articles with catchy headlines like " THE GREAT GUN CONSPIRACY " filled with facts and figures that tell a tale of our battle against hysteria and lies, that's what we need.
I doubt it would even cost much to have your local papers run it.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by happyhunter » 07 Mar 2016, 7:40 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Its a conspiracy i tells ya!!

That's what it is. GCA have secretely bought shares in the ADLER and are using an anti gun campaign to generate free massive publicity. Slick marketing strategy that seems to be working :D
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 07 Mar 2016, 11:03 am

"Apart from the fact that these guns come from Turkey, which is lending strong physical and financial support to ISIS and other extremist folk."

This was my favourite comment out of all of them. Mm yes anti I will take you seriously now /s
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 07 Mar 2016, 11:50 am

happyhunter wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:Its a conspiracy i tells ya!!

That's what it is. GCA have secretely bought shares in the ADLER and are using an anti gun campaign to generate free massive publicity. Slick marketing strategy that seems to be working :D

It would be more plausible to suggest Nioa have bought shares (memberships??) in GCA...... that was money, to say the least well spent :allegedly: :sarcasm: (I would never suggest this is the case....)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics