Castle Law petition

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Castle Law petition

Post by Heckler303 » 29 Mar 2016, 7:42 am

If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Re: Castle Law petition

Post by brett1868 » 29 Mar 2016, 8:13 am

Signed, appropriate given the current case in the media.
The only caveat is that any action against the perpetrator must be within the confines of the property. Once they are off the property then all hostilities must cease in that you can't chase them down the street to flog them.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Baldrick314 » 29 Mar 2016, 8:24 am

Signed. It's time for our laws to change and stop blaming the victim
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 29 Mar 2016, 11:12 am

done
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 29 Mar 2016, 1:53 pm

done
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Mar 2016, 8:41 pm

Done
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by FuzzyM » 30 Mar 2016, 4:49 pm

Done
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lyam » 31 Mar 2016, 2:18 pm

And done.
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 01 Apr 2016, 11:13 am

I for the life of me, can not understand why you need to use "equal force" I mean they have already made their decision to break the law and come into your house, you should be able to get them out by any means possible. They already made their choice.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by adam » 01 Apr 2016, 11:22 am

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:I for the life of me, can not understand why you need to use "equal force" I mean they have already made their decision to break the law and come into your house, you should be able to get them out by any means possible. They already made their choice.

It's more important to make sure the criminal is not hurt so they can have (another) attempt at rehabilitating them. Because a criminal is more important than the victim. Our government has proved this time and time again with their decisions, whether it be via the laws, the courts decisions, the parole boards decisions, etc.

FWIW - I have no problems with attempting to rehabilitate criminals - I have a problem with it being a higher priority than their victims...
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 02 Apr 2016, 10:02 am

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:I for the life of me, can not understand why you need to use "equal force" I mean they have already made their decision to break the law and come into your house, you should be able to get them out by any means possible. They already made their choice.

Our castle law says I blow the F'er away and I can't be prosecuted unless the prosecutor proves at arraignment that the bastard had legal right to be in my house or the external improvements thereof. They can't even take me to court. And the family can't even sue me.

That is what we call "Castle Doctrine" in the US of A.

Obviously I would show restraint in odd situations but I am expecting the worst by default. And your ass is new mown grass. I'm going through a few fire extinguishers and will need to buy a lot of spackle.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 02 Apr 2016, 5:59 pm

adam wrote:

It's more important to make sure the criminal is not hurt so they can have (another) attempt at rehabilitating them. Because a criminal is more important than the victim. Our government has proved this time and time again with their decisions, whether it be via the laws, the courts decisions, the parole boards decisions, etc.

FWIW - I have no problems with attempting to rehabilitate criminals - I have a problem with it being a higher priority than their victims...

It's so god dam insane, I mean today just before there was a bunch of crims who ran into a garage with the door open and tried to jump into the car...in broad daylight....with the owner literally 10feet away and he could do jack s**t to stop it. They know that even if they are caught they get a slap on the wrist, but how are they ever going to get caught when the cops CANT EVEN CHASE THEM??!?
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by coloradoboy » 02 Apr 2016, 9:28 pm

wow glad I live in the great United States which is still great even with Obama and those democrats.

In Colorado, if a bad guys breaks into my house and I have reason to believe that the dude is going to harm me or anyone in my house or do a serious crime in my house --> I can use him as a target practice. However, as many people in the firearm fraternity and legal community here say, if you intent to exercise castle doctrine, you must shoot to kill and never to wound as shooting to wound tells the cops that the dude wasn't all that bad. In addition, you don't want another witness who would almost certainly challenge your version. (if you decide to go ahead and use a firearm, be committed and do not cease shooting until dude is down and really really dead and make sure shot placement is consistent with kill shots i.e. torso, head)). After the encounter and make sure all bad guys are all dead, holster/ put away firearm, call your attorney first , call cops second (you would most certainly be arrested), and don't touch dead dude except to secure / kick weapons away, get a cup of water and wait and relax / stay calm and don't do anything quick or rush cops cause they will come with guns drawn and shoot your ass after hearing "shooting. guns. home invasion." on the radio.

the worst part is actually what happens after cause after the adrenaline dies down --> you going to have a long night.

And remember when you ever have to talk to cops without attorney present, keep it short and simple and go something down the lines of" i shot him out of FEAR OF MY LIFE".
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Gwion » 04 Apr 2016, 11:35 am

Not sure about all states, but in Vic & Tas, when evicting a trespasser you can use "all reasonable force". Mind you, a person is not trespassing until they have had the "assumed licence to enter" revoked. This assumed licence is why anyone on your property has recourse to compensation for negligent injury whilst on your property. Locked doors and windows, licence to enter is revoked. Open doors windows, then you have to actually tell them to leave and allow reasonable time for them to comply before forcefully evicting them. This applies to yards, paddocks, houses, commercial premises..... etc. No sign or notice can revoke a licence to enter, there must be physical 'man proof' barriers or a verbal/written revocation of the licence. So, in effect, if you are prepared to put up a true man-proof fence and have locked gates on your property, you have the right to use any reasonable force to evict anyone who steps foot over your boundary.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by zobster » 04 Apr 2016, 11:40 am

I LOVE the american castle doctrine!! Been an avid supporter of that for as long as I can remember!

Signed!
zobster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Lorgar » 05 Apr 2016, 10:36 am

:thumbsup:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria