SBS and Insight Gun Debate

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: SBS and Insight Gun Debate

Post by Charlie » 05 Apr 2016, 10:07 pm

I thought that bloke from the shooters union was good, but he literally got two minutes airtime right at the start, I would have liked to have heard more from him.
Otherwise, it was very average telly, I could tell that the bastard Howard have pre-screened all his questions.

I couldn't quite figure out the anti's approach, were they happy with the laws or do they think they don't go far enough?
Charlie
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 05 Apr 2016, 10:16 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/20955203989/insight-live-stream

Thanks for that I don't get SBS here, with all those ads why are taxpayers propping up SBS we should privatise it.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it could be at least Samantha Lee never got to say anything, the SFP and Shooters Union did a good job under the circumstances with all those antis in the crowd.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 05 Apr 2016, 10:16 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:Geez Twitter as bad at the moment, I'm doing my best!

hash tag?

--updated---
found it.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/insightsbs?src=hash
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 05 Apr 2016, 10:32 pm

Howard's a rodent....we have the best laws but theyre not tough enough?? Yes, we know you hate guns, but an individuals 'personal feelings' should not have been allowed to be transferred into national gun policy... especially as far reaching as they were/are...

-On a negative tonight the SFP agreed with banning semi-autos! WTF? Was that convenient editing perhaps...
-On a positive they didnt air any verbal diarrhea from Sam Lee
-On a negative they gave David ****** the microphone - and the low life directly blamed the SFP for the mole's fathers death.....You're not not in Kansas no more Dave..... you don't enjoy the protection of 'parliamentary privilege' in a tv studio...

It damn well infuriates me that we (lawful firearm owners) are still defending ourselves and our passtime/sport/recreation/hobby for fear of losing it, 20 years after 'the' incident....it was clear that none of the non shooters were concerned enough about or prepared to counter the stupid womans position that ALL shooters were responsible for what transpired at Port Arthur....licence holders are the most law abiding, yet are the fair game in this whole argument/discussion....a discussion thats basically about criminal use of guns.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by David Brown » 05 Apr 2016, 11:05 pm

G3, is there anything we can disagree on?

WOT he said.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Apr 2016, 11:23 pm

That "dessicated little coconut" (a Paul Keating classic) needs to be on National TV and asked the following,,,,,,

Does he consider law abiding firearm owners in Australia to be dangerous and untrustworthy ?

The little man himself always comes across as nervous in my opinion.

The views of the antis along with Howards opinions make the standards of Aust F/arm licenses a pathetic joke.
Apart from a brief mention of F/arms usage in agriculture by SUQ rep,,, they steered everything away from that issue.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by happyhunter » 06 Apr 2016, 6:31 am

Didn't watch it. The few times I have seen Insight the show has been skewed one way or another.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by petemacsydney » 06 Apr 2016, 10:10 am

3 minute channel surf last night was all i could be bothered watching. usual anti crap!
_________
Are you ready for the Zombie apocalypse?
petemacsydney
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 06 Apr 2016, 10:56 am

Die Judicii wrote:[b]Does he consider law abiding firearm owners in Australia to be dangerous and untrustworthy ?[/b

Absolutely, 100%.

He hates guns (we knew that) and he distrusts people with them. Lawfully checked assessed processed examined clean members of the community or not....

OR

Perhaps it is simply a case of an agenda......but lets not go there...

Thee was one particular comment that he made, apart from it being highly concerning to hear it from someone held in such high esteem :roll: by WORLD LEADERS!!! was highly revealing of his and his cronies true ambitions;

Retard who lost his father and believes that even though the gun was illegal, the shooters was unlicensed acted illegally, committed murder, and we have a plethora of damn tough law and penalties for each of those.....believes it resulted from a lack of laws :wtf: :lol: we need more / tougher laws....

So, he asks jonnie how do we make society safer, are the laws adequate?, jonnie says No, not adequate (our laws are the global benchmark, revered around the world yet they've failed??)
... presenter asks jonnie how he would strengthen the laws....

WELL ...says the rodent... ".....once you give people access to weapons"

So there it is ladies and gentlemen, cards are shown....the laws need to take away access to 'weapons'.....and THAT will make us safer...of course we know who the 'taking guns away' laws would apply... to those who FOLLOW the law.... same utopian fairy rainbows from unicorn's posterior crap, these people need to STFU and they need to stop encouraging this fantasy talk because it WILL eventually get translated into legislation....

:evil:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 06 Apr 2016, 10:58 am

David Brown wrote:G3, is there anything we can disagree on?

Well, I like busty brunettes :unknown:

:D
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 06 Apr 2016, 11:12 am

Her performance was just atrocious...... but anyway,

Is the author on this forum?? assuming its Aussie LAFO memes?
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by petemacsydney » 06 Apr 2016, 2:30 pm

lol, gr8 summary!
_________
Are you ready for the Zombie apocalypse?
petemacsydney
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Apr 2016, 7:28 pm

There was also a comment made on the "Insight" program (I cant remember who made it) that made reference to a .22 rf as being a centrefire category.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:[b]Does he consider law abiding firearm owners in Australia to be dangerous and untrustworthy ?[/b

Absolutely, 100%.

So, he asks jonnie how do we make society safer, are the laws adequate?, jonnie says No, not adequate (our laws are the global benchmark, revered around the world yet they've failed??)
... presenter asks jonnie how he would strengthen the laws....

WELL ...says the rodent... ".....once you give people access to weapons"
:

Poor terminology there Jackboot Johnnie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

An axe in the wrong hands is also a "weapon", yet they are readily available to anyone that wants to buy one, and not wait a minimum of 28 days.

My partner is a nurse, and last week had to tend to a guy that had been beaten with a BASEBALL BAT.

So when will the sporting bats become Category C ?????
After all,,,, he was hit a multitude of times in as many seconds.

:unknown: :unknown:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by happyhunter » 07 Apr 2016, 7:46 am

Little Jonnie making society safer, one illegal war at a time.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Xerox » 14 Apr 2016, 11:24 am

Die Judicii wrote:There was also a comment made on the "Insight" program (I cant remember who made it) that made reference to a .22 rf as being a centrefire category.

You mean they didn't know what they were talking about? I'm shocked! :sarcasm:
Xerox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Apr 2016, 12:54 pm

these guys are eggspurts when it comes to rifle guns like the Adler with its rapid fire 10 bullets loaded in the barrel

The recent Radio Nation spot with the quarter wit Sam Lee...... oh my.....it just reinforces everything you think you think...about these idiots....

Thankfully, Sam Lee, though present, wasnt broadcast on SBS, I think it had something to do with a fear of embarassing the gun control proponents....this is her recent spot on RN... her lack of knowledge and sheer lack of ability to properly verbalise her thoughts... (is that it? maybe something else...)
https://radio.abc.net.au/programitem/pg ... ?play=true
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Heckler303 » 14 Apr 2016, 1:12 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:these guys are eggspurts when it comes to rifle guns like the Adler with its rapid fire 10 bullets loaded in the barrel

The recent Radio Nation spot with the quarter wit Sam Lee...... oh my.....it just reinforces everything you think you think...about these idiots....

Thankfully, Sam Lee, though present, wasnt broadcast on SBS, I think it had something to do with a fear of embarassing the gun control proponents....this is her recent spot on RN... her lack of knowledge and sheer lack of ability to properly verbalise her thoughts... (is that it? maybe something else...)
https://radio.abc.net.au/programitem/pg ... ?play=true

*Listens to it*

"It has a rapid capacity"

"What's a rapid capacity?"

*She begins explaining*

no

just no

please no

save us from this witch

she can't seriously be this stupid
Last edited by Heckler303 on 14 Apr 2016, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Apr 2016, 1:16 pm

the stupid..... it hurts...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Elek » 11 Aug 2016, 4:09 pm

It has a rapid capacity

That's the best one yet :lol:

I think that must be like... The Adler doesn't hold 5 rounds, it holds 5 rounds! :lol:
Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308 Win
Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range in .223 Rem
Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 4.5-30x 50mm
Elek
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics