Alpha Chang

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Alpha Chang

Post by Blackened » 07 Apr 2016, 3:57 pm

A few posts edited here now.

Keep the disagreements and criticism constructive, no more slinging names/insults.
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 07 Apr 2016, 4:51 pm

Blackened perhaps you didnt catch his performance ?
Last edited by Blackened on 08 Apr 2016, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quotes
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 08 Apr 2016, 6:58 am

adam wrote:
happyhunter wrote:Where is it written I should have sympathy for some dude I don't kknow, will never meet? Is this meant to be some type of collective guilt that sucks up to the anti crowd hoping they change their anti gun agenda?

Empathy (which I think you're more referring to) is a basic human skill. As for where it is written - well, according to various psychiatric associations documentation lack of empathy is one of the more striking features of people with narcissistic personality disorder.

Empathy isn't a weakness - and doesn't mean that you're sucking up to other people. And with lack of it - well, personally I just hope that I never see anyone with lack of empathy on TV representing LFO's. It'll do far more harm than good.

If I want someone to be considerate of me, I figure it's reasonable for them to expect the same in return, but it seems as though I was brought up with older values that aren't appreciated or shared as much these days.

I know what empathy is and it is easily manipulated, which is exactly what the anti crowd are doing. In regards to the gun debate we should be attempting to get people to think rationally, not emotionally.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 08 Apr 2016, 8:20 am

The sad thing is an innocent guy was killed ... arguably as a direct result of 'our' foreign national policy... decided by maybe 6 individuals....not necessarily in this country... so that 'we' could play with the big boy...and bishop could talk tough from behind obama...

Unfortunately any such death is fodder for the greens and gca.... they could have only hoped he was shot with a semiauto
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gwion » 08 Apr 2016, 8:48 am

So a long standing tradition of racial and religious intolerance in Australia has absolutely nothing to do with any of these issues.....

Better to blame immigration than to address issues in the Australian culture, right?

Just for a minute: imagine you grew up in a country that your parents or grand parents had immigrated to because, for instance, Australia was invaded and life was no longer tenable here ..... & 7 days out of ten, for your entire life, people called you a 'roo rooting, wombat shagging, pie munching, lazy, good for nothing, free loading Thong Wearer. Now. Imagine that when ever you tried to defend yourself from this, the locals got physically violent with you. Imagine you fought them when they harassed and disrespected your sister and mother. Imagine this all started as young as 5 years old.
So, given this situation: how hard do you think it would be for some extremist Pie & Thong Religious Zealots to get hold of you and radicalise you to fight against those who have put you down your whole life?

Now, before anyone spouts about how this is not what happens in Australia and we are all very accepting and open to other cultures, etc, et.al: my mother was a WHITE immigrant who was CHRISTIAN and even she experienced cultural persecution, harassment and abuse in her formative years in Australia and it was severe enough for her to remember it and tell us (her kids) about it and ensure that we were never part of it, on either side. I believe it affected her until the day she died.

Xenophobia is rife in Australia and is a large contributor to the radicalisation of young, disenfranchised individuals.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 08 Apr 2016, 8:53 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:The sad thing is an innocent guy was killed ... arguably as a direct result of 'our' foreign national policy... decided by maybe 6 individuals....not necessarily in this country... so that 'we' could play with the big boy...and bishop could talk tough from behind obama...

Unfortunately any such death is fodder for the greens and gca.... they could have only hoped he was shot with a semiauto

Re-reading this, i see you may be referring to our involvement is the unnecessary, illegal and un-restrained waging of war across the world. This i would agree with. However, my last post still stands.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by adam » 08 Apr 2016, 8:56 am

happyhunter wrote:I know what empathy is and it is easily manipulated, which is exactly what the anti crowd are doing. In regards to the gun debate we should be attempting to get people to think rationally, not emotionally.

Agreed. But that doesn't mean we need to completely disconnect or disregard what victims are going through, or attack the person themselves. I believe attacking someone's logic and policy is effective and helpful - and I'm completely behind you on that. But I'm opposed to people attacking a person themselves (especially a victim) as I believe it is at the least counter productive and actually helps and feeds the fuel of GCA and their emotional plee.

I mean - (and being a firearm owner myself) - the message I was getting from some of the posts on this forum is that gun owners care more about keeping our guns than the victims of terrorism. I'm assuming that this is not the message that you were intending to portray, but if I was getting that I can only wonder what someone with no firearms experience would think.

Alternatively, I believe there would be more benefit in showing people we're not heartless gun lovers, but we actually care about victims - and that is actually part of the reason why we want to tear down these bad GCA policies. Yes we want to get focus away from targeting LFO's on real crime - but not just so we keep our guns - so that we can all make a positive difference that might help in the future - instead of pretending which is what the government did in the wake of PA.

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Unfortunately any such death is fodder for the greens and gca.... they could have only hoped he was shot with a semiauto

Yes - it doesn't take a stretch of the imagination to think that behind closed doors that some of the greens and GCA's would have been jumping for glee that another firearm was used by a terrorist so they could further their cause and get more people 'on side' (especially if there's another election coming).

I believe that Alpha Chang's fathers death was contributed to indirectly by JH, GCA and the Greens. Innefective changes to our laws that only targeted law abiding people, and then the naievity to think that people were safer from criminals as a result.

And now, Alpha has unfortunately being sucked into believing their propaganda and now is unwittingly potentially assisting crime in the same way - by further promoting the targeting the wrong group, and wanting more focus on innefective laws that hurt LFO's and not criminals.

How helpful would it be if there were some victims that had an organisation to come forward to that would help expose the real issue at hand. Not just to us LFO's - but to the country in general - potentially reducing the number of future deaths?

Guys - I might disagree with you, and even challenge you in a number of areas - but please don't mistake me as being your enemy. I live with the thought that it's far better to be challenged by someone who shares your concerns so that we can all improve than attacked by someone who is straight out against you that wants to pull you down.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Blackened » 08 Apr 2016, 9:25 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Blackened perhaps you didnt catch his performance ?

Posts were brought to my attention regarding other terms, I did gloss over the original content and missed what you previously quoted.

Now removed also.
Blackened

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics