Private 'arsenals' of guns - Green media hype...

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Private 'arsenals' of guns - Green media hype...

Post by adam » 10 Apr 2016, 10:40 pm

Yet another one:

Private gun arsenals of hundreds of weapons stockpiled in suburban Sydney

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/private-gun-a ... o2i5x.html

Mr Shoebridge said a five-gun limit should be introduced for each "good reason", after which point a "separate and extraordinary reason for owning each additional gun" should be made.

Looks like another one of their plans is to limit the total number of firearms we can own...
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Private 'arsenals' of guns - Green media hype...

Post by Title_II » 11 Apr 2016, 5:02 am

You mates really, really need to gather together and put your foot down. This is completely ridiculous. And, by the way, it's gone way too far already. You are not even allowed to defend yourselves in your homes. So, on the way to the Capitol, make a quick stop by your parents' house and punch your dad in the face a good one for letting it come to this. Then, get serious. Do something every week, and get another shooter involved politically every week. And encourage them to do the same.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by happyhunter » 11 Apr 2016, 6:45 am

I was of the understanding that gun registry data was exempt from freedom of information laws. Who is releasing this stuff?
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 11 Apr 2016, 7:11 am

happyhunter wrote:I was of the understanding that gun registry data was exempt from freedom of information laws. Who is releasing this stuff?

Yea and what else are they releasing with it? I'm kinda worried about that.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 11 Apr 2016, 7:55 am

You still need to punch your dad. Give him a second punch and tell him that one was from a Yank.

It's an absolute disgrace.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Heckler303 » 11 Apr 2016, 9:24 am

You know what? I'm gonna swap out firearms for cars and re-write this article.

"Private car fleets of dozens of cars in suburban Sydney"

"Private car drivers have been allowed to stockpile personal garages comprised of hundreds of vehicles in suburban Sydney, data obtained by the NSW Greeny weeny leader Doovid Sh!tlace under freedom of information laws shows."

Car owners can stockpile hundreds of vehicles by repeatedly by wasting their money on cheap chinese tinmobiles.

Mc.Broomy (2780 cars held by one owner), Manly Man (2070), Baulkham Hills (1000), Penrith (970) and Randwick (760) rank alongside regional towns Dubbo (2050) and Hazelbrook (1660) in the top 100 postcodes that are home to individual drivers license holders with multiple cars in their posession

"Something is broken in broom broom laws when people are allowed to build up their own garage of cars," said Greens MP Doovid Sh!tlice, who obtained the data from NSW Po-fleece.

"It is seriously frightening to think that there are 100 people across the state, who aren't race car drivers or mechanics, who own more than 3 cars each."

While there was good reason for racers and repairmen to have one, two or three cars, Mr Sh!tfaced questioned: "How on earth are the NSW Po-fleece ticking off on allowing people to have dozens or even hundreds of automobiles?"

The most cars kept in a rotten soon-to-be-demolished garage by an individual car licence holder, excluding repairmen or dodgy cars salespersons, was 322 in Cardiff near Newcastle.

The Greeny weenies argue there is a poophole that allows the "good reason" that must be supplied to NSW Police to obtain a vehicle to later be recycled for multiple cars.

Mr Sh!tboot said a five-car limit should be introduced for each "good reason", after which point a "separate and extraordinary reason for owning each additional vehicle" should be made.

In Malabar, 302 cars are owned by one licence holder. Mr Shackboob said the presence of a racetrack in the suburb, where many race car drivers are based, could account for this, if he could put 2 and 2 together and not come up with misogyny.

The treasurer of the *Clunk* RRrrrrrrr *clunk* rrrrrrrr Bay Racing club, Rick Oh-boy, meanwhile said he knew of no one in the club owning that many cars in Mosman.

The club was one of the oldest in Australia, established in 1908, but was now based at the Malabar race track, and not Mosman.

"There's no possible link with our club," he said, "nobody here can afford petrol anyway"

A spokesman for Deputy Premier Troy Grant said there were no plans to change regulations around legal car ownership, and owners have to undergo a quiz and a driving test to own high-powered deadly baby-munching racing machines.

"Owners of large amounts of car already attract additional scrutiny from police and the dodgy cars salesmen," he said.

Storage inspections are carried out basically never lol, he said.

The Racers and Zoomers Party, which holds the balance of power in the NSW uppity house, declined to comment. This week the party's Robert Pink rejected a call by former king of the glass bottles John Howard for tighter broom broom laws in Australia, probably due to John Howard's hearing blown out by some bogan playing doof doof in a V8.

But Mr Sh!tloop said private collections were a threat to community safety because they are "honey pot targets for criminals who want to get their hands on potentially hundreds of broom brooms in a single raid. I get all my information from Grand theft auto anyway"

The Greens have launched a website, http://www.mummyimscaredoffactsandlogic.org, to coincide with the amount of racing going on around the country. The website shows the extent of car ownership across NSW.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by adam » 11 Apr 2016, 10:01 am

<deleted>
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 11 Apr 2016, 12:22 pm

You're a funny bugger Heckler....thanks for the post, I needed a good laugh this morning.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by adam » 11 Apr 2016, 12:35 pm

Heckler303 wrote:You know what? I'm gonna swap out firearms for cars and re-write this article.

Well, let's face it - more people die on our roads, and many of them for unnecessary trips. (Unnecessary being recreational travel or otherwise).

Some people don't understand why we need to have guns for recreation.

Well, I could argue that others don't understand why motorcyclists need to ride just for recreation either. Or pushbike riders. They could use gym bikes and be so much safer for their excessive, and not put themselves & the public at risk. And motorbikes should be limited to the track. Yeah - we could save so many lives if we limited the roads only to essential travel!!!

Of course that's ridiculous. But that's no different to what they're asking LFO's to do...
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Apr 2016, 2:52 pm

It appears Mr Shoebridge slept soundly before he got this piece of information, from wherever or howsoever.

A case of ,,,, I'm certain the collection won't jump out of the safe on its own.

Which said point needs to be impressed on these do gooder morons.

"guns dont kill people,,,,, they need help from criminals"

And the governments aren't successfully preventing the criminals.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 11 Apr 2016, 4:07 pm

brett1868 wrote:You're a funny bugger Heckler....thanks for the post, I needed a good laugh this morning.

no problemo brett.

I'm taking the hardest pre-tertiary English class at college too.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by bluerob » 12 Apr 2016, 11:14 am

brett1868 wrote:You're a funny bugger Heckler....thanks for the post, I needed a good laugh this morning.

What Brett said.

Hilarious. You should send this or post this on Facebook to illustrate how absurd our world has become.

When you've got alot of time on your hands (eg, me), you get to read alot and wonder about "things" which invariably puts one into the "conspiracy world."

Whilst I greatly appreciate Mr Shoehorns concerns for my absolute pesonal safety ( :allegedly: :sarcasm: ) I cannot help but think that history does tell a rather bleak story when firearms start being restricted, then limits on what you can own, then outright confiscation (i.e. what The Greens etc ultimately want). Stalin & Hitler were great at this and what has histoty taught us about those 2 dudes?

Sorry, but, once people I don't know start screaming from the roooftops about my safety, I wonder what the real agenda is......
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 Apr 2016, 12:09 pm

happyhunter wrote:I was of the understanding that gun registry data was exempt from freedom of information laws. Who is releasing this stuff?

as to the source of their infamous info fact and data, 3 possibilities;

1-registrar released the data into the care/- the Greens and/or GCA, whether or not under FOI.
2-The Greens used their not insignificant underworld criminal connections to obtain the registry data-dumps in circulation
3-Data is a made-up fantasy
:lol:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Lyam » 12 Apr 2016, 1:47 pm

"extraordinary reason"

Sounds like firearms licensing with Dr. Seuss
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 12 Apr 2016, 9:10 pm

Well, I could argue that others don't understand why motorcyclists need to ride just for recreation either.

Lane splittng, doing wheelies and parking on the footpath are genuine reasons for owning a motorbike :D
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 12 Apr 2016, 11:14 pm

happyhunter wrote:
Well, I could argue that others don't understand why motorcyclists need to ride just for recreation either.

Lane splittng, doing wheelies and parking on the footpath are genuine reasons for owning a motorbike :D

Unfortunately ripping wheelies is difficult on my Bolt, but I'll give it a red hot go!
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by brett1868 » 12 Apr 2016, 11:20 pm

happyhunter wrote:

Lets not forget 0-300 in 17 seconds :) Us motorcyclists got hit with speed limiters many years ago cause bikes were way too fast and dangerous. At least it was a realistic limit set to 300kph so only affected a few bikes. Weird is that my speedo seems to stop at 299kph though the bikes still pulling like a teenager. I ride bikes, not for the speed but for the arm wrenching acceleration which is like crack. Before we start bashing motorcyclists, lane splitting has been legal for a few years now, by parking on the footpath I'm leaving more space for cars to park. According to the latest data, 95% of all crashes where a car is involved is the fault of the car driver yet us motorcyclists pay more for our greenslips??? Think about it...it's the cars fault but it's my insurance that goes up???
Maybe the shooters should seek an alliance with the motorcyclists as we're both getting screwed by the government....Since I shoot and ride I'm copping it like an alter boy on Sunday :oops:
Last edited by brett1868 on 12 Apr 2016, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 12 Apr 2016, 11:28 pm

At what point does a few firearms become an arsenal? Is there a number...

To be honest, I'd have a multi tiered approach to safe storage and providing those requirements were met then you could have anything you liked. Also with semi-autos possibly a min length of continuous licensing. For example, for years 0-5 you're restricted to the usual Cat A / B categories, 6-10 years add semi auto's up to 10 round capacity, >10 years providing appropriate storage then you should be able to have almost anything you wanted. This approach would ensure that those who are genuine enthusiasts are rewarded for their good character and it encourages people to do the right thing.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 12 Apr 2016, 11:44 pm

brett1868 wrote:
happyhunter wrote:

Lets not forget 0-300 in 17 seconds :) Us motorcyclists got hit with speed limiters many years ago cause bikes were way too fast and dangerous. At least it was a realistic limit set to 300kph so only affected a few bikes. Weird is that my speedo seems to stop at 299kph though the bikes still pulling like a teenager. I ride bikes, not for the speed but for the arm wrenching acceleration which is like crack. Before we start bashing motorcyclists, lane splitting has been legal for a few years now, by parking on the footpath I'm leaving more space for cars to park. According to the latest data, 95% of all crashes where a car is involved is the fault of the car driver yet us motorcyclists pay more for our greenslips??? Think about it...it's the cars fault but it's my insurance that goes up???
Maybe the shooters should seek an alliance with the motorcyclists as we're both getting screwed by the government....Since I shoot and ride I'm copping it like an alter boy on Sunday :oops:

Don't you know, motorbikes fall over if you go too slow!
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by happyhunter » 13 Apr 2016, 7:26 am

brett1868 wrote:
happyhunter wrote:

yeah, one of mine will do 299 indicated but it's closer to 296 if you do the engine RPM gearing calculations. Lane splitting only became legal in Victoria recently although it has been common practise and ignored by the police because even they knew in many situations it's safer to lane split. It's a shame they don't apply the same logic to irrational gun laws.

Something I notice being a rider is we stick together. Ride past another bike and you get a friendly nod or wave. Riders are cohesive, represenetd by one organisation.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Apr 2016, 8:39 am

brett1868 wrote:At what point does a few firearms become an arsenal? Is there a number...

To be honest, I'd have a multi tiered approach to safe storage and providing those requirements were met then you could have anything you liked. Also with semi-autos possibly a min length of continuous licensing. For example, for years 0-5 you're restricted to the usual Cat A / B categories, 6-10 years add semi auto's up to 10 round capacity, >10 years providing appropriate storage then you should be able to have almost anything you wanted. This approach would ensure that those who are genuine enthusiasts are rewarded for their good character and it encourages people to do the right thing.

I thought arsenal was just the plural of gun.... 1 gun , 2 or more arsenal :unknown: :)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 13 Apr 2016, 9:29 am

I think it's probably actually one gun.

You do need to send some of these people to spend a week with me and my friends.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Apr 2016, 9:48 am

I'm truly embarrassed, to think our brothers overseas are possibly reading this, and are aware that the whole Aussie (lawful) firearms community is effective at war against very very few gun-bigots, if you like, who have the absolute backing of the media, and especially at the moment are profiting in the way of huge media/social media coverage SIMPLY due to gun control being a lefty / liberal / progressive / & marketed to the community as a non-violence campaign (which it is not, its simply a dis armament movement as there is zero correlation between reduced legal firearms and REDUCED crime or violence)

Not to mention the Australian media is highly influence / controlled by Murdoch, who is historically a gun control fan, buddies with the big NY grabber/gun control sponsor Bloomberg....

But one particularly embarrassing part is what these (I wont bother describing them as it would be auto censored and therefore indecipherable) are concerned with when theyre getting their panties in a bind over these massive arsenals.... its not collections of automatic assault machine pistol shotgun rifle gunses....not even semi-auto wood stock civilian rifles;

:unknown:
#toomanydavidshoebridge
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Apr 2016, 9:50 am

You'll notice the next twat related to the drug riddled unlicensed crim, stolen unregistered prohibited shotgun (shortened) that he SHOT HIMSELF with...... yes. all due to not enough gun control laws, and it was 'our' fault.....

#toomanydavidshoebridge
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by adam » 13 Apr 2016, 10:36 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:You'll notice the next twat related to the drug riddled unlicensed crim, stolen unregistered prohibited shotgun (shortened) that he SHOT HIMSELF with...... yes. all due to not enough gun control laws, and it was 'our' fault.....

Indeed - and as much as I feel for the mother - I have a problem with the 'he didn't need to die like that'.

What about his potential victims? He was a drug criminal with a loaded firearm. What was he planning on doing with that? Fox shooting? :roll:

This blokes death may have prevented some innocent party actually being shot. Even if the police caught him - after his release he'd most likely re-offend. Carrying a loaded firearm wasn't an accident - it was a deliberate decision. His potential victims are the ones that didn't need to die like that..., and because of what's happened they won't (at least not from him). He is a victim of his own actions only - no one else's. His death may have saved another firearm related homicide in the media.

Yet it's amazing how they continually twist it around to be our fault. Don't expect me to simpathise with a criminal where I and others like me are accused of being the problem - and not the criminals actions.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Apr 2016, 11:00 am

I thought it interesting the mother became an expert on shotgun triggers and knew it was faulty..... maybe it was just light, maybe her messed up son pointed it to his head and pulled the trigger.... sorry, its more newsworthy and advantageous to various parties to report a criminal use/stolen illegal gun.... than to add another figure to the huge list of suicides..
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Apr 2016, 11:37 am

So the FOI response is on this David Shizenhausens website and the response from the police with the data states;

850,636 Registered firearms in possession of licence holders. This is at 16 May 2015... so sorry Davie, it's well past 900,000 now!!! :drinks: :friends:

then it says;

217,725 total number of registered gun owns..... then it says 'licence holders'....
"This figure includes individuals, BUSINESSES, FIREARM DEALERS and CLUB ARMOURERS....."

Thats right, the lying twat is not surprisingly filling the social and conventional media with more fear mongering tish.... the ARSENALS are not individual, non-collectors necessarily, as they include dealers, businesses AND collectors... as above arsenals of flint locks and all!!
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Triang » 10 Aug 2016, 1:53 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:... as above arsenals of flint locks and all!!

But those are new technology high power automatic flintlocks aren't they? :allegedly: :sarcasm:
Howa Axiom .308 --- Nikko Stirling Nighteater 3-10x42
Ruger 77/357
Marlin 25N .22 --- Weaver Kaspa 3-9x40
Triang
Private
Private

Northern Territory

Post by Garth » 16 Aug 2016, 7:08 pm

Scare mongering crap flick s**t and hope some sticks mentality.if something is worth a fight stand up and be counted .divide and conquer is there agender.we are all licened shooters we have guns .we arnt all crazy we have our kids that shoot and wife and familys its a sport like any other. LEAVE US ALONE AND GO CATCH the illegall gun owners who dont have there weapons licened or reg stop putting all people in same basket were not breaking the law but no story in that i guess they need to scare the public with headlines so sad
Garth
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 16 Aug 2016, 7:41 pm

Interesting to see that despite the fact that our Democratic Party seems absolutely enthralled by the idea of instituting an Australian style "Buyback" effort here in the US to get rid of semi-autos, that your elected officials still seem to be wrestling with several "dangerous loopholes" in your firearms laws.

A loophole is just another word for freedom. In Britain, where almost no gun possession is permitted outside of gun clubs, the nanny staters have been recently apoplectic over replica gun loopholes and pellet gun loopholes, which they may have been able to finally close. It's frightening to see other countries and know that this is where the controllists want the US to be as soon as possible.

The last "dangerous loophole" in the minds of these controllists will be the one allowing for lawful firearm possession in the home.
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Return to Firearms related media and politics