Police firearm stolen from Macdonalds

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Police firearm stolen from Macdonalds

Post by happyhunter » 01 May 2016, 7:35 am

happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Re: Police firearm stolen from Macdonalds

Post by bluerob » 01 May 2016, 9:21 am

Every few years, this particular paper (and a few other media outlets) recycle these stories.

The story about the McDonalds incident happened 3 years ago.

Again, blatant attempt by some "journalists" to railroad all us LAFO's the same as crapbags/gunnuts/armed lunatics/rednecks etc etc etc.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by AnotherMisfire » 01 May 2016, 9:41 am

"In it were his pistol and ammunition, a baton, a police badge, a warrant card, a pair of black police gloves, a lunch box, a novel, a Bible and a set of keys."

I really hope that has something to do with the whole plain clothes / undercover thing.

Otherwise that's one f***ing weird collection of backpack goodies.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (28.17 KiB) Viewed 5554 times
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by AnotherMisfire » 01 May 2016, 9:42 am

bluerob wrote:Every few years, this particular paper (and a few other media outlets) recycle these stories.

Again, blatant attempt by some "journalists" to railroad all us LAFO's the same as crapbags/gunnuts/armed lunatics/rednecks etc etc etc.

But was the bible registered!?
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Chronos » 01 May 2016, 9:45 am

AnotherMisfire wrote:
bluerob wrote:Every few years, this particular paper (and a few other media outlets) recycle these stories.

Probably responsible for more deaths than any firearm ever

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 01 May 2016, 10:15 am

Chronos wrote:
AnotherMisfire wrote:

Probably responsible for more deaths than any firearm ever

Chronos

No "probably" about it. Most definitely is!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 May 2016, 10:59 am

Bible for last rites purposes.....

As far as all the lost items..... sure, of course they were 'lost', more like re-purposed by those who never do wrong, aka the police.

I'd be more concerned with all the radios being on the streets, imagine the info from listening in, Mr Smith at number 22 high Street, firearm inspection, 12 firearms 6 centrefires....and pistols, he will not be home until 630pm....roger that.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 01 May 2016, 10:59 am

How does that news story have anything to do with licensed gun owners? Did I miss something?
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Title_II » 01 May 2016, 11:07 am

I carry a bible quite a bit. Not sure why that is the odd part.

If you want to see odd, here is my EDC during the winter, give or take a few items (the knife is a joke, my real knife needed repair)

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t ... ost1870828
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 01 May 2016, 11:29 am

Police are always leaving their guns in public bathrooms in the US. Which is kind of strange, because there are 10 to 20 times more civilians carrying guns and they almost never leave guns in bathrooms.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 May 2016, 12:15 pm

The odd part about the Bible; is that our cops usually use a phonebook.... not a Blble
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 May 2016, 12:16 pm

so I need to join pafoa to see your pic??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 01 May 2016, 12:43 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:so I need to join pafoa to see your pic??

I don't think so. If so, sorry, out of my hands. I'll try to post it here.

Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by happyhunter » 01 May 2016, 1:16 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Bible for last rites purposes.....

As far as all the lost items..... sure, of course they were 'lost', more like re-purposed by those who never do wrong, aka the police.

I'd be more concerned with all the radios being on the streets, imagine the info from listening in, Mr Smith at number 22 high Street, firearm inspection, 12 firearms 6 centrefires....and pistols, he will not be home until 630pm....roger that.

There's an app that lets you listen to police radio, via the internet, on your smart phone. No radio required. Something I've always wondered is how many people that listen in record the name, address, DOB, license number and rego details of peolple being pulled over daily. That info is a treasure chest of ID fraud potential.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by AnotherMisfire » 01 May 2016, 1:29 pm

Title_II wrote:I carry a bible quite a bit. Not sure why that is the odd part.

In the US it's not odd. But it's very unusual for all but a very hardcore Christian to lug around a bible in Australia.

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I'd be more concerned with all the radios being on the streets, imagine the info from listening in, Mr Smith at number 22 high Street, firearm inspection, 12 firearms 6 centrefires....and pistols, he will not be home until 630pm....roger that.

Did you see this one Gen? It's exactly what you were talking about...

http://ssaa.org.au/news-resources/resea ... -firearms/
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Title_II » 01 May 2016, 1:45 pm

My bible (although I have more than one) is about 4 inches by 2 inches and about 5/8ths of an inch thick. I'm not walking around waving a giant book with gilded pages at people :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 May 2016, 3:32 pm

AnotherMisfire wrote:
Title_II wrote:I carry a bible quite a bit. Not sure why that is the odd part.

In the US it's not odd. But it's very unusual for all but a very hardcore Christian to lug around a bible in Australia.

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I'd be more concerned with all the radios being on the streets, imagine the info from listening in, Mr Smith at number 22 high Street, firearm inspection, 12 firearms 6 centrefires....and pistols, he will not be home until 630pm....roger that.

Did you see this one Gen? It's exactly what you were talking about...

http://ssaa.org.au/news-resources/resea ... -firearms/

The 'loose lips on the airwaves' might be related to the spate of thefts in the western district the VICPOL mentioned (was it in the senate hearings?).....its a bloody concern, yet they respond by telling firearm owner to comply with the law storage wise.... :wtf:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 01 May 2016, 9:20 pm

I happened to see this when I posted the link to EDC. It's 2 minutes and pretty funny. Yanks are pretty silly folk. :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gje6DganwAM
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 02 May 2016, 10:29 am

Nobody liked that? I thought it was funny. We have some really crazy people over here, and all the wars haven't helped. Keep in mind, every generation in the US has gone to war starting with WW II, usually more than once. There is a beneficial side effect, though. If any foreign power ever tried to invade us it would be a complete nightmare. The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania deploys the sixth largest armed forces in the world on the Monday after Thanksgiving - to go in the woods and kill Bambie on the first day of deer rifle season - in that one day. And that's a fraction of gun owners in this state, and only one state out of 50.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 02 May 2016, 12:15 pm

well..... kinda funny....

Dont forget, every generation of yours that went to war.... our generations also followed you in there...

Except for one particular skirmish where you guys followed us in.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 02 May 2016, 12:29 pm

You guys are ass kickers. I've mentioned that before, and I give mad props to our Aussie friends. But, that's not exactly true. The US has had infantry involved in a lot more conflicts. Doesn't make us better or worse, that's a completely different question. Just clarifying.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by sarki » 02 May 2016, 1:54 pm

Some criminal will be enjoying his direct line to all police communications as well with that walkie.
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a Desert Tactical Arms SRS-A1 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum.
I'll be good with it, I promise!
sarki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 02 May 2016, 6:11 pm

Title_II wrote:You guys are ass kickers. I've mentioned that before, and I give mad props to our Aussie friends. But, that's not exactly true. The US has had infantry involved in a lot more conflicts. Doesn't make us better or worse, that's a completely different question. Just clarifying.

Thats only 'cause Barry, Billy, Herbie, Walkie, Willie & Jimmie were all troublemakers sticking their noses where they shouldnt.... or more correctly being influenced by 'forces' that they shouldnt have allowed into the oval orifice...

I know I don't need to remind you, but you guys had zero business in Vietnam, Cambodia(but you werent there) Iraq, not 1990, neither 2003, Afghanistan countless others... worse part about it, as I eluded to is that 'we' always follow, and lose our sons as well, but not at the scale of your losses obviously....

What about Ukraine? - what a disgrace that YOUR government fomented the coup, then predictable as ever, our government also supported the illegitimate regime imposed on the Ukraine people.... by the US....

What about Syria??? if it wasnt for the zio-lobby, most American would still have zero idea where Damascus even is.... yep, your congressman and representative are the best money can buy.....Australia, probably about the 20th by global influence...

Assad has been demonised here as well as the US, why? human rights abuses?? there are probable 50 in power at the moment many times worse than him....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by AnotherMisfire » 02 May 2016, 7:30 pm

Munitions down soldiers!

We're on the same side.

The yanks are a little nutty but we live em. And fair play that they are quicker to deploy boots to ground - although sometimes maybe they shouldn't.

hahaha
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Title_II » 02 May 2016, 9:09 pm

Not sure what I did to tick you off. I didn't put you guys down at all.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 02 May 2016, 10:05 pm

I know you didnt put us down, I'm just tellin it like it is :friends:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 03 May 2016, 12:23 am

Well I certainly agree with more than half of what you had to say, but you sounded like I pissed you off LOL.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by happyhunter » 03 May 2016, 7:37 am

Title_II wrote:Not sure what I did to tick you off. I didn't put you guys down at all.

I've lived and traveled in the U.S and found Americans to be some of the friendliest and warmest people of any people I have met. It's a shame that some aussies judge the USA people by their government.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 03 May 2016, 10:08 am

Title_II wrote:Well I certainly agree with more than half of what you had to say, but you sounded like I pissed you off LOL.

If you pissed me off I'd probably send you a very short to the point PM..... :o :lol:

I like what you have to say and you're a more than worthwhile contributor around here - such that when you come to visit the great land down under; I'll buy the drinks... :drinks:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 03 May 2016, 12:55 pm

I might take you up on that :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Next