New FISHING party.........

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

New FISHING party.........

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 May 2016, 6:05 pm

So this new party has just registered to contest the Federal election.....

one word.....

BULLSHIIT.

1. There is already a party with the interests of recreational fisherman at heart; that would be the SFFP.
2. The 'brains' (and I use that term very loosely :lol: if only this was a laughing matter) behind this venture is 'secretary' Kevin Harkins.... who is Kev? is he the same Kevin Harkin who back in 2014 'State’s top unionist Kevin Harkins to quit as head of Unions Tasmania'

http://www.news.com.au/national/breakin ... e0a96e44cd

Ya.... so the top unionist resigns to go into bat for the rec fisherman??
Nah. I call it a union/ALP plant, to SPLIT the shooters VOTE. nothing more nothing less,
Tell me I'm wrong...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Re: New FISHING party.........

Post by David Brown » 11 May 2016, 8:10 pm

Probably….. :-/
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 12 May 2016, 11:43 am

You really hate unions, don't you Gen93!?!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 May 2016, 12:59 pm

Gwion wrote:You really hate unions, don't you Gen93!?!

Not at all. Unions have a legitimate role in society. No doubt. But hate is too strong a word, I hate the greens...
I support individuals seeking a better deal, its everyone's prerogative, but what the unions have been up to of late, just the 'stuff' we are made aware of, the violent BLF'esque union shenanigans, the less/non violent bizzo.... no, its not good for anyone. Then there's the utter corruption....

Is it in the interest of ALL Australians for Ex Union leaders, Ex union Solicitors to be 'in charge' of this country? With the absolute backing of the union movement? Absolutely not. Is an Ex unionist actually 'ex' at all?

An unionist starting a new party will only act as a preference funnel, and to take them away from the biggest 'small' party at that...the SFF.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gwion » 12 May 2016, 1:34 pm

Oh well... Australian politics is a joke, a facade, a sham, a waste of time and effort anyway. We don't get a real chance to effect any change, no matter how we vote or who we vote for.

Last election, both my wife and i got fine notices for an election that we voted in. Must have voted the wrong way. We know at least 4 others locally who had the same issue. Makes you wonder how many people actually vote for whoever it is who ends up 'winning'.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 May 2016, 1:50 pm

Gwion wrote:Oh well... Australian politics is a joke, a facade, a sham, a waste of time and effort anyway. We don't get a real chance to effect any change, no matter how we vote or who we vote for.

Last election, both my wife and i got fine notices for an election that we voted in. Must have voted the wrong way. We know at least 4 others locally who had the same issue. Makes you wonder how many people actually vote for whoever it is who ends up 'winning'.

It is indeed a joke, we're presented with 2 choices, which are not really that dissimilar..... I see it as a false dichotomy actually, in the end theyre the same.

The worse part about it is that 'they' yap on about this democracy thing.... whatever it is, I dont think that putting a group in charge who were chosen by 33 or so percent of the electorate is democracy.... when 67% did NOT want them.... if thats democracy then I'm a Ballerina .....

Last election I voted for the Donkey my little girl artistically drew on the ballot paper..... She asked me if we're going to vote for the Donkey again this time :lol: ..... we'll see who we have running in our electorate.... might have to put my name in there..... :silent:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Noisydad » 12 May 2016, 4:44 pm

How can you have an election without first knowing who the winner will be? That's just ridiculous!
Last edited by Noisydad on 13 May 2016, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 May 2016, 5:11 pm

We dont have an election to determine 'a' winner...but to select representatives of our electorates... the current system is a sham... a corruption of the parliamentary system per the constitution.... which makes no provision what so ever for the fantasy role presently known as the "Prime Minister".

If you're skeptical; look it up, check our founding document and any subsequent law....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gwion » 12 May 2016, 10:34 pm

Noisydad wrote:How can you have an election without knowing who the winner will be? That's just ridiculous!

Hehe... eggs Zachary.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 12 May 2016, 10:41 pm

I've long thought we'd have a better system if we voted for the minister best suited to the portfolio they were to handle. Party politics aside. A collaborative government. :wtf: :crazy:

Mind you, that would entail the population actually taking notice of who was running; something i personally try to avoid! :roll: :problem:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by shootin blanks » 12 May 2016, 11:08 pm

This guy has been trying to get into State/ Federal politics for years. Tried here in Tassy a few years ago and got snubbed. From what I know he will use any vehicle to achieve his aims ( cushy job in parliament) At present he claims to support Tassy fishos by siding with them to ban super trawlers from fishing our waters. I would not trust him to represent anyone but himself.
shootin blanks
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by Gwion » 12 May 2016, 11:20 pm

shootin blanks wrote:At present he claims to support Tassy fishos by siding with them to ban super trawlers from fishing our waters.

What exactly is that supposed to do for Tasmanian fishers?

Not many super trawlers in Trout or Bream waters. Salt water fishing in Tassy is marginal at best; a few pelagics going in a very short season only really accessible to those with enough money for charters or an offshore capable boat. Realistically, that's a small % of Tasmanian population. Most salty Tasmanians rely on inshore 'salmon' (i prefer the NZ name, 'kahwai', as they are actually a mackrel) and flathead, plus some gummies and mako. Oh yeah, i forgot those deep water things that take an anchor winch to fish for (can't think of anything more boring as a recreational fisher).

I'm totally against super trawlers but that is a very thin platform to run on!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 May 2016, 9:34 am

Gwion wrote:What exactly is that supposed to do for Tasmanian fishers?

A Tasmanian fishers party has ZERO to do with Tasmanian's and their rights/opportunities to fish,
It has everything to do with with the FEDERAL Labor party getting elected into the federal parliament.

By stealing votes from other parties, funneling preferences to Labor and should they actually win seats (perish the thought), side with a Labor government or opposition, as the case may be....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by AusC » 06 Jul 2016, 3:41 pm

shootin blanks wrote:I would not trust him to represent anyone but himself.

Unlike all the other pollies? :sarcasm:
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 07 Jul 2016, 10:55 am

Well.....in Tassy Kev managed to remove 1,876 votes (current count) from the Shooters & FISHERS current 3,500 group votes....and other more legitimate places...

currently - progressive quota in Tas is 20,000 odd...

One of the oldest tricks in the book, steal the votes of your competitors with fantasy candidates...
...that a union head would go in to bat against his union buddies in the Aus Union Party (ALP) yea of course;

Lets see where their vote goes in no.2??;;
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by adam » 07 Jul 2016, 2:31 pm

Thanks for exposing this, and keeping us informed with the happenings on this Genesis.

I'll be interested to see where the no2 votes do go...
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bluerob » 08 Jul 2016, 9:24 am

Noisydad wrote:How can you have an election without first knowing who the winner will be? That's just ridiculous!

:clap: x 10000
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 08 Jul 2016, 9:39 am

Yup. we knew the blues would win....

Like the golden rule in politics generally;

NEVER ask a question unless you know the ANSWER

Thats a Gen93 quote :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by franc » 12 Jul 2016, 11:31 am

NEVER ask a question unless you know the ANSWER

That rules a few people I know out from ever opening their mouths.

It's a good thing :lol:
Remington 700. .308 Winchester.
franc
Private
Private

Tasmania

Return to Firearms related media and politics