Idiots walk among us.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Idiots walk among us.

Post by on_one_wheel » 31 May 2016, 8:40 pm

This picture just popped up on Myspace Book Page.

I've reported it as "harassing someone I know"
Not that I know this twit.
Hopefully it's gone now, chances are it will show up again.

If any knows this bloke, slap some blody sense into him.

Don't people understand that with firearms, everything that happens is a direct reflection on us all as a community ... at least in the eyes of the general public / media, and that matters.

Thank for adding fuel to the anti's fire Guy.
facebook.img.jpg
facebook.img.jpg (89.71 KiB) Viewed 5766 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: Idiots walk among us.

Post by brett1868 » 31 May 2016, 8:49 pm

Not quite an idiot or no more then any other religious type. The colander is deemed to be religious headwear for the "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster". Yes, it's real and actually recognised as a religion in many countries, including NZ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 31 May 2016, 9:00 pm

He was making a political statement.
He couldn't have found a more inappropriate place to do it.

I've checked out his profile, and his new license has a picture of him in pig tails.

He has also been forced into having a mental assessment by the firearms branch, wich also made the comments section on fb, something like " so they assess them after they are given a license? "

He has also had the SA FA Branch hot on his ass with inspections.

My opinion ... he has made a mockery of you, me and the Firearms Branch.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 31 May 2016, 9:13 pm

He's making a religious statement....good on him.... the flying spaghetti thing has little to do with whether there is actually a spaghetti monster...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by darwindingo » 31 May 2016, 9:36 pm

Lost for words,

Disgraceful conduct.. :wtf:

Jeff
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by AusTac » 31 May 2016, 9:54 pm

Meh, the S/A firearms Branch, the Governmemt and the fine gentlemen in question are equally to blame,

The S/A firearms branch for letting such a photo go through the system and actually be printed on a legal form of identification with a form of religious head dress being worn ( i would assume hijab's have to be removed? ) in the photo, not to mention the person that took it

The government for allowing such a religion church of flying spagetti monster to be formally recognized as a religion..

And the guy well, twedle dee is getting his 15 minutes of fame whilst drawing waaaay to much attention to himself, won't be long till eaither the police of some meth head will be walking out the door with his firearms ( god i hope he doesn't actually own any )
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by pomemax » 31 May 2016, 11:14 pm

Hang on what all this someone is different from the norm so he weired
Lost for words,
Disgraceful conduct
sounds like a greenie about firearms owner (JOKE)
realy tho i saw this and thought each to thier own
IF a gentelman of Sikh persuasion can wear his turbin or even a Muslim gentelman on their firearms licence why cant he wear his hat .
other places have alowed colanders realy weird places
Good news: the Wisconsin Department of Transportation says Pastafarians are allowed to wear Colanders in their license photos (despite some having been denied in their earlier attempts).
Attorney Derek Allen deserves the credit — he wrote an impressive letter laying out in detail why DMV rules allow for religious headwear.and another weired place has said its ok
Good news — Sue from Melbourne was allowed a Colander in her Driver’s License photo, after a fight. Well done.
As always, we take this as implicit government acknowledgement of our legitimacy.
and what do you know Queensland too We need you! For the Pastafarian Pirate Party at Pelican Park

Im just being Devild Advocate lol
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 01 Jun 2016, 3:04 am

Read a bit about my Church, (Yes, I'm a Pastafarian) before you go flying off the handle. There is a very real reason for its existence and everyone with a love of freedom should join. The outlandish behaviour has a purpose also. Unless you really want US style religious fundamentalists winning the right to teach the Book of Genesis in school science classes equally alongside evolutionary theory.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 01 Jun 2016, 7:49 am

This thread is a waste of electricity.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by TheDude » 01 Jun 2016, 8:05 am

I got no problem with pastafarians enacting their right to religious expression.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Supaduke » 01 Jun 2016, 8:53 am

My question is, do the church of spaghetti monsters get their tax free exemption? My view on religion (atheist) makes spaghetti monsters no more or less ludicrous than other belief systems. At least they can have a laugh, and are unlikely to blow you up if you insult their pasta based deity. Thumbs up I say.
Last edited by Supaduke on 01 Jun 2016, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Jun 2016, 1:13 pm

Supaduke wrote:My question is, do the church of spaghetti monsters get their tax free exemption? My view on religion (atheist) makes spaghetti monsters no more or less ludicrous than other belief systems. At least they can have a laugh, and are unlikely to blow you up if you insult they pasta based deity. Thumbs up I say.

Any non-profit, community or other organisation can get tax free status. Like any club that's formed by members for a recreational or other purpose, if a religious group, that is, a group of like minded individuals who have a belief in a God or other higher order...

If a bunch of relatively normal everyday people get together on the weekends and put colanders on their heads, and have fun, be a little less serious for a couple of hours, I dont have a problem with them not paying ta on their organisation's funds.

Until the day arrives whereby the existence of particular gods or spiritual beings or prophet or higher order or whatever can be PROVEN beyond any doubt; it is an obligation of the 'authorities' to accept any and every religion that any member of the community professes a belief in. All or none. To accept the Christian God, the Muslim God... etc then say "hang on.... there's no spaghetti monster you guy are taking the P15s... is not really fair.

I hope the church of the FSM is 'approved' in Aus.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by darwindingo » 01 Jun 2016, 3:28 pm

pomemax wrote:Hang on what all this someone is different from the norm so he weired
Lost for words,
Disgraceful conduct

I would like to clear up that my comment was not made in relation to religion at all.

What I find as “disgraceful conduct” is that a firearms owner would be prepared to risk causing further negative impact on the reputation of firearm owners, including himself. That was all.

Jeff

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm

darwindingo wrote:
pomemax wrote:Hang on what all this someone is different from the norm so he weired
Lost for words,
Disgraceful conduct

I would like to clear up that my comment was not made in relation to religion at all.

What I find as “disgraceful conduct” is that a firearms owner would be prepared to risk causing further negative impact on the reputation of firearm owners, including himself. That was all.

Jeff

so..... if a Sikh firearm owner wears a turban in his photo that's also reflecting on firearm owners?? others who believe his religion is a bs? maybe others who believe he should remove it... because it doesnt accord with their view of the world...

Pastafarians see it as a religion, and therefore a colander would be seen as religious head dress...whether you or the pen pushers in their nice office in Cantberra like it or not. nuff said. move on.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by darwindingo » 01 Jun 2016, 3:52 pm

No that's not what I'm trying to say, I have no issue with religious head dress of any kind. Just that I had not even considered it at the time of making the post, from a religious point at all. Only as an image of a guy with a colander on his head, nothing more than that at the time. My error.

Sorry for that, I actually respect all religions.

Jeff

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Jun 2016, 5:24 pm

darwindingo wrote:No that's not what I'm trying to say, Just that I had not even considered it at the time of making the post, from a religious point at all. Only as an image of a guy with a colander on his head, nothing more than that at the time. My error.

Sorry for that, I actually respect all religions.

Jeff

OK jeff.
As you appear to be honestly sorry for your misdirected comments, I hereby absolve you, in my capacity as an ordained minister of the church of Dudeism. :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by darwindingo » 01 Jun 2016, 5:31 pm

Thanks. Genesis93 :thumbsup:

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Jun 2016, 5:38 pm

bentaz wrote:It Can't be a real religion, they didn't even front the royal commission!

Yes it is.
We don't kiddie fiddle. :thumbsdown:

<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Jun 2016, 6:25 pm

the internet didnt give me the certificate..... the great dude within us empowered the heavens such that my ordination was possible....

I'm hoping to appear on the panel to give THEM some... any legitimacy
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm

Seen that pic a few years back now - at least he's easily identifiable. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 01 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Read a bit about my Church, (Yes, I'm a Pastafarian) before you go flying off the handle. There is a very real reason for its existence and everyone with a love of freedom should join. The outlandish behaviour has a purpose also. Unless you really want US style religious fundamentalists winning the right to teach the Book of Genesis in school science classes equally alongside evolutionary theory.

Right on!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 01 Jun 2016, 6:35 pm

bentaz wrote:Yeah good on him, stick it up em i say!

Absolutely!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 01 Jun 2016, 6:40 pm

TheDude wrote:I got no problem with pastafarians enacting their right to religious expression.

Same same.

These guys do so much for pointing out the stupidity of some accepted norms in our society, simply by being willing to seem stupid themselves. People like this are actually on the side of those wanting more freedoms as intelligent, responsible adults.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 01 Jun 2016, 6:47 pm

Always wanted to join the church pf Bob Dobs.... could never be bothered reading the whole book, though.

:wtf: :lol: :drinks:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Jun 2016, 4:35 pm

"SOUTH AUSTRALIA" government department.

I think that in itself says a lot.
:thumbsdown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Norton » 08 Jun 2016, 10:06 am

Do they do a colander in blaze orange? :mrgreen:
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 08 Jun 2016, 12:13 pm

Norton wrote:Do they do a colander in blaze orange? :mrgreen:

If you want to be a Pastafarian.... be a safe Pastafarian!!
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Return to Firearms related media and politics