Greens - policies....animals & firearms...a must read

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Greens - policies....animals & firearms...a must read

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 04 Jun 2016, 9:03 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Billy Shortening said Labor would never co-align with the greens.... never ever... so in other words its a done deal... :thumbsdown:

...and overnight we hear the Labor has made an about face; NOW processing of refugees will occur ON SHORE..... luckily the voters have such short memories...

ON top of that obvious green concession, we have Billy boy 'policising' (I think I invented a word) a renewable energy target of 50% by 2030!!.... THAT is fantastical...as in of 'fantasy' and conveniently well away from his presumptive term in office.

Lets look at our present generation status;

Current renewable generation is about 15% of total generation. Half of this is hydro, with 29% of the hydro being in Tasmania, which is current producing or consuming energy??

So we can effectively discount any new hydro infrastructure, if not for the effects of drought, but for the enviro warriors that would fight any proposal to the death (Franklin anyone)... even though Victoria has almost limitless resources that flood a good part of the east every year and flow out into the ocean....

So, we are aiming to increase the 7.5% share to say 42.5% (50%-7.5%) in 14years, which at the current rate of use would represent a 566% increase in capacity of solar, wind, geothermal, biogas.... consider the current level took 20 years to double WITH the countless million or billions thrown at it...

Then consider the increase demand from natural population growth + the future waves of economic refugees....566% may well become 700 or 800%... So who's paying for this 8x the current renewable generation infrastructure??

We mightn't be able to afford to eat in the future... but we will be able to rest assured that the energy we cant afford to consume... is 50% renewable! :wtf:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 04 Jun 2016, 9:05 am

Inner city greens = communists. Their ideas are totalitarian and would require a true police state to enforce. Greens is not an environmental movement.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Mick280 » 04 Jun 2016, 9:45 am

Stalin would be proud!!!
Not enough Lever Gunsll
Mick280
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 04 Jun 2016, 11:57 am

Title_II wrote:Enough. I'm invading.

I'll put the beers on ice and start the bbq. We're waiting for you.
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Noisydad » 04 Jun 2016, 1:51 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Then consider the increase demand from natural population growth + the future waves of economic refugees....566% may well become 700 or 800%... So who's paying for this 8x the current renewable generation infrastructure??

We mightn't be able to afford to eat in the future... but we will be able to rest assured that the energy we cant afford to consume... is 50% renewable! :wtf:

Now consider that the Greens want to import 50,000 "refos" per year which is the the equivalent of the city of Albury, NSW per year. I wonder can a city that size even be built that quickly and where's their water and food coming from?
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 04 Jun 2016, 2:28 pm

I wonder who "Dear Leader" is going to be if the greens get the balance?
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Jun 2016, 2:29 pm

Noisydad wrote:
adam wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:Have no fear, only the greens take the greens seriously.

Unfortunately this is not the case. These guys have serious power - especially if there's a minority government. Many deals have been done, and policies changed because of the greens influence.
With an expected TWO MILLION license holders (by Christmas this year) we're now in a position to do the same on a national scale for the first time!

Excellent!

Now we just need to work out how to vote as one.

I recon there be lots of license holders who will not care for gun politics and vote as per usual. ...
( insert sheep noises here )

I have asked the shooters fishers farmers party if they wll put out a how to vote guide. .. they said yes but I've seen nothing yet.

Anyhow that's how I'm voting

Not that I'm sure that they could get our economy up to scratch ?. ... perhaps they can ? Surely they cand do much worse than our current situation.
But given enough seats, they'll have a say.

I sure hope the greens loose more than a few seats.

The name Shooters Fishers farmers party is unfortunate. ... Plenty of fence sitting people wouldn't vote for them because of guns,
Guns kill people don't they ?

They need a more collective /everything in general name like The Australian People's Party
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by MalleeFarmer » 04 Jun 2016, 2:31 pm

I wonder who "Dear Leader" is going to be if the greens get the balance?
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Jun 2016, 2:49 pm

I'd happily fly the American flag at my house if I could have your freedom.

Hurry up and invade.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Jun 2016, 3:05 pm

MalleeFarmer wrote:I wonder who "Dear Leader" is going to be if the greens get the balance?

Do you mean the balance of power?
I'm a bit lost in the terms
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 04 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm

MalleeFarmer wrote:I wonder who "Dear Leader" is going to be if the greens get the balance?

Politically.... irrelevant. just a de facto figure head of a leader that doesnt exist in law, other than remuneration law.

We only have a 'Prime Minister' because we have alway had one, not because the constitution requires one- doesnt even mention PM, neither 'political parties'.......

Most people dont know who the Australian head of state is, fewer could actually name him/her....many could quite possibly believe the captain of the favorite footy team to be the HoS... :lol: :evil:

Many will actually believe thet're voting for either BS(unfortunate initials) or MT, but we know the faceless few actually choose the PM, and they do what those same faceless few desire, hence Mal Turdfull didnt legislate gay marriage and a 95% renewable target....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 04 Jun 2016, 4:03 pm

Stubbles McBeard wrote:

I'll put the beers on ice and start the bbq. We're waiting for you.

Great! Thanks. Image
on_one_wheel wrote:

I'd happily fly the American flag at my house if I could have your freedom.

Hurry up and invade.

I will rule with an iron fist. Eventually you will get sick of me and throw me out, but at least it will be at gunpoint after I have fixed this nonsense.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Firearms related media and politics