U.S.A's worst mass shooting leaves 50 dead

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: U.S.A's worst mass shooting leaves 50 dead

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 25 Jun 2016, 5:22 pm

so I wonder how many of the 49 deaths were c/- the Police.....

here

Monday, Orlando Police Chief John Mina and other law enforcement officers offered new details about the shooting, including the possibility that some victims may have been killed by officers trying to save them.

“I will say this, that’s all part of the investigation,” Mina said. “But I will say when our SWAT officers, about eight or nine officers, opened fire, the backdrop was a concrete wall, and they were being fired upon.”

A law enforcement source close to the investigation who asked not to be named said a crowd of up to 300 people and the complex layout of the dance club may have resulted in some patrons being struck by gunfire from officers.

<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Eduardo » 26 Jun 2016, 1:21 pm

I'm still amazed that the gun grabbers were able to turn this one into a gun control issue as opposed to the real issue of Obama's failed policy of trying to "contain" ISIS as opposed to eliminating ISIS.
A volatile mixture of implacable OCD and vexatiuous ADD.
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by adam » 26 Jun 2016, 6:14 pm

Eduardo wrote:I'm still amazed that the gun grabbers were able to turn this one into a gun control issue as opposed to the real issue of Obama's failed policy of trying to "contain" ISIS as opposed to eliminating ISIS.

Mate, gungrabbers could turn ISIS into a gun control issue. I'm sure if we took guns away from all the LFO's in the west then the East wouldn't be able to source any more guns in the middle east and we wouldn't have this problem any more. :roll:
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 27 Jun 2016, 7:45 pm

Every human life has value, homosexuality is not a choice as it's biologically decided before birth. Your statements are your opinion and views and I can respect that but in future please keep the hate talk off the forum.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 27 Jun 2016, 8:41 pm

Who cares if they were gay, straight, bendy black purple or green, the facts are there and what happened is a tragedy that no one, but the shooter deserved.

Mental illness, religious extremism and being balls deep in political correctness are slowly eroding this country
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by brett1868 » 27 Jun 2016, 10:14 pm

The Liberal democrats, be one of those who say NO to political correctness. Seems it's so bad in this country there's a party looking to get elected so they can rid us of it....hmmmm
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by adam » 28 Jun 2016, 9:09 am

I think any decision that is made on the current information is jumping to a conclusion without waiting for all the facts to settle. No different to P.A. What the public was informed, and what came out later was vastly different - but alas once someone believes something - trying to change their views can be next to impossible in many cases.

It's human nature: To believe the first story we're told, and question any conflicting stories after that. The media and government both know this very well, and play it to their full advantage.

Let's look at the FBI then: Trying to determine accurately who's a threat and who's not would be difficult at best. Add to this Obama's policies discouraging authorities from investigating certain individuals too must because it crosses over to religious discrimination adds to that difficulty. Does that mean we should discredit any findings that they come to after the event?

Tracking down evidence after something is obviously easier - and it's easier to come to a more correct conclusion than trying to guess the future.

The president of the USA has a history of avoiding or delaying linking any terrorist activity on Islam. The media have the same history. There is a lot of conflicting 'evidence' at the moment. Was he was Islamic, or not? Was he gay or not?

I think to discredit the FBI just because they got it wrong prior to an event and rather accept more what the media and Obama push is an interesting decision.

As the FBI's current evidence seems to point to the opposite what both the media and Obama would both like them to be, I for one find interesting, and consider that it's worth paying some attention to.

I have no idea what has happened and have come to no conclusions.

What I'm actually finding it more interesting (and concerning) to see how people are responding to this than the actual event itself on various social media sites, and even just in general - which only serves to further ground my conclusion that many couldn't give a stuff about discovering the real truth and just want a conclusion that fits their own bias.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 28 Jun 2016, 12:58 pm

This has nothing to do with free speech or censorship. It's about appropriate and respectful content.

Do you think this sort of nonsense would fly on a decent car/motorbike/4wd/knitting(it's an example) forum. I come here to discuss firearm related topics, be it practical or political. Blatant racism, homophobia, islamaphobia have no place here. It should be about expanding and sharing our knowledge of things that go boom.

I'm not being a sensitive little princess, I enjoy hearty discussion. Like I said, this is a public forum, everyone is entitled to an opinion , let's just keep its content civil and respectful.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 28 Jun 2016, 2:51 pm

Yep, probably nuf said so lets get back to the things that go boom :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 28 Jun 2016, 2:54 pm

We have free speech? When did that happen
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 30 Jun 2016, 12:38 am

As someone who is highly critical of some distorted, disingenuous, and dangerous memes currently being floated by my government elites(as well as elites in other countries) and their useful idiots in the mainstream media regarding illegal immigration and Islamic extremism, I think it's important to point out that I wholly reject their self-serving and incorrect use and application of the terms xenophobia, islamophobia, and bigotry. It appears that some otherwise very intelligent and thoughtful people have also bought into the notion that speaking the truth about certain undeniable and historical aspects of Islam and of Muslims vis a vis their incompatability with Western Democracy is somehow wrong and unacceptable.

While it's certainly true that not all Muslims are Terrorists or commit hateful acts, it’s become crystal clear via the facts and evidence that the overwhelming majority of Muslims around the world today who do not actively participate in hateful acts or violence, nonetheless harbor many very dangerous beliefs, and do also serve to assist and enable the spread of violent jihadism via their reliance on relatively radical imams to guide them, their silence in the face of such violence, their migration patterns, their extremely high birth-rate, and most importantly, their refusal to assimilate into western democratic nations, all the while sucking those same nations dry by overwhelming their social welfare systems.

No sovereign nation has a duty to commit national suicide by throwing out it's immigration controls and allowing people who without a doubt hate our way of life to flood over our borders. This by the way, is all you need to understand the Brexit vote as well.
Last edited by Pennsylvania Yank on 30 Jun 2016, 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 30 Jun 2016, 12:52 am

As this is a media and politics folder, I will also point out that with some exceptions, the western world's government/media complex are completely exaggerating the scope, influence, struggles, and the importance of a very small LGBT population and have been doing it for a long time. They started with television comedy and entertainment decades ago in order to change public perception and opinion and never looked back. Now due partly to those media efforts, so-called "gay rights" are here to stay. If you don't want to look at or think about LGBT people, It's not that hard to ignore that aspect of their lives.... Live and let live. There are a lot bigger fish to fry w/respect to worldly concerns.
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by on_one_wheel » 30 Jun 2016, 8:38 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
I dont have a problem with homosexuality, but I'm repulsed by the lifestyle,.....

I know a few gay guys, their lifestyles are something to envy. No kids, double income, 100% focus on hobbies, tidy homes, great fashion sense and the list goes on ...They generally dont show affection in public, probably because they aren't comfortable about what people think and it's not like we have to watch what happens when the light go out.

I don't have a problem with them at all, I just feel sorry for them because I can tell that they aren't 100% comfortable in their own skins ... shame on us.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Jun 2016, 8:56 am

I'm not sure whether you left our a few sarcasm emoticons....you envy the fact that a gay couple can NEVER each contribute to their next generation? and witness the greatest gift imaginable, that of holding the newborn that you and your partner both created TOGETHER?
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 30 Jun 2016, 3:16 pm

It's not something that concerns me.

My point was more along the lines of double income / kid free which means greater disposable income and more time to pursue hobbies not the inability to conceive and raise children.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blackened » 30 Jun 2016, 3:52 pm

brett1868 wrote:Yep, probably nuf said so lets get back to the things that go boom :)

I agree.

Everything of value has been said and it's only going to get argumentative from here.

Locked, lets move on.
Blackened

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics