Drivers vs Cyclists: Drivers guilty by default...

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Drivers vs Cyclists: Drivers guilty by default...

Post by MalleeFarmer » 25 Jun 2016, 1:05 pm

Personally I think until Push Bikes pay road tax (on fuel atm) and rego they should not be on the road. Also Motorbikes are a completely different story as they pay rego and road tax they have all lights and turn signals and legally have to follow road rules and the fact that they have rego plates means they can be booked after an event has occurred such as with red light cameras. Pushbikes on roads are a menace..
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 25 Jun 2016, 2:18 pm

MalleeFarmer wrote:Personally I think until Push Bikes pay road tax (on fuel atm) and rego they should not be on the road. Also Motorbikes are a completely different story as they pay rego and road tax they have all lights and turn signals and legally have to follow road rules and the fact that they have rego plates means they can be booked after an event has occurred such as with red light cameras. Pushbikes on roads are a menace..

Vote +1 MalleeFarmer, you running this year mate? ;)
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by MalleeFarmer » 25 Jun 2016, 2:28 pm

AusTac wrote: Vote +1 MalleeFarmer, you running this year mate? ;)

Nah sorry mate. Though some of our options make me want to.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 25 Jun 2016, 3:41 pm

Suggesting to bicycle riders that they contribute by paying a rego fee.....is akin to presenting Dracula with a huge crucifix, bath in holy water while pointing a -shooter chambers filled with silver bullets....

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

then they start with the "we're saving the environment", "we dont take up much space".... then defensive mode starts with "we're the victims / the vulnerable road users / targeted or hated by drivers"

blah blah blah...

Given the extortionate taxes motor vehicle drivers pay...... plus the fact that every road manager (councils and state road authorities) are tripping over themselves in a lustfull pursuit of bike user group love by CONVERTING car lanes to bike lanes....

IT is ONLY fair that eventually bike riders start to actually pay for the honor of taking car lanes away not to mention the massive capital cost of installing all the bike infrastructure...

MY opinion (thanks for asking) is 18+ then you pay a rego and/or licence fee if you're using the 'public' road network.... safety vest, say, with an identifying number on it... OH that right, they DO NOT want to be identified...

In the Melbourne CBD yesterday... stopped at traffic lights.... 2 bikes pull up net to me. They actually stopped. look left. Look right..... THEN CASUALLY MOVE THROUGH UNDER RED.

Because bike rider take advantage of their on-road anonymity and take the RED signal as a suggestion. Not a rule.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by MalleeFarmer » 25 Jun 2016, 4:09 pm

This is Right Genesis!! You sir are on the money!
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 25 Jun 2016, 4:35 pm

MalleeFarmer wrote:Personally I think until Push Bikes pay road tax (on fuel atm) and rego they should not be on the road. Also Motorbikes are a completely different story as they pay rego and road tax they have all lights and turn signals and legally have to follow road rules and the fact that they have rego plates means they can be booked after an event has occurred such as with red light cameras. Pushbikes on roads are a menace..

Don't agree. Plenty of kids ride push bikes and I don't see why a kid who is too young to legally drive or work should have to pay bike rego or have a license. Push bikes are clean transport, take up no parking space and do not contribute to road congestion, so bike riders should be rewarded rather than punished for choosing a mode of transport that benefits the majority.

I do ride a motorbike as main transport and no longer own a car and not only do I pay rego but I also pay a 'motorcycle safety levy, ie, extra tax for riding a motorbike. From experience, and that's driving cars and both motorbike and bicycle as road transport, I'd say cars are the menace as I've never had anybody on a push bike or motorbike be aggressive or manacing as car drivers.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 25 Jun 2016, 5:30 pm

MalleeFarmer wrote:This is Right Genesis!! You sir are on the money!

I, Sir.... am a Madam.

Well, only when I wear the wife's dresses :unknown: :wtf:

not very often... actually never :thumbsup:

Ok,,, we'll go with Sir. :D
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by MalleeFarmer » 25 Jun 2016, 5:36 pm

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 25 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm

happyhunter wrote:Push bikes are clean transport, take up no parking space and do not contribute to road congestion, so bike riders should be rewarded rather than punished for choosing a mode of transport that benefits the majority.

do tell about this efficiencies of bike transport.......
Been to an urban area of Melbourne, or no doubt Sydney etc.... do you know how many 2 lane thoroughfares, main road etc have been 'environmentalised' or otherwise been made 'bike friendly' by taking Car lanes away??

Yes. 2 Car lanes to 1 car and 1 bike lane is not catering for a need but frustrating dirty polluting car users into submission until they discard their cars and adopt Clean utopian 2 wheel non-motorised sweet daisy smelling bicycle transport cue the hippy-guitar-pot-smoking-music....

When a car lane is converted to a bike lane - the bike take up the same space as a car (with the added 'benefit' of annoying all the drivers stuck in an endless line of cars while the total of 2 bikes casually cycles past head held high with the knowledge that the earth will rotate longer as a result of their sacrifices :roll: :roll:

This is what happens when the council seeks enviro brownie point over logic and common sense; Albert St East Melbourne.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 26 Jun 2016, 12:01 pm

Yes. 2 Car lanes to 1 car and 1 bike lane is not catering for a need but frustrating dirty polluting car users into submission until they discard their cars and adopt Clean utopian 2 wheel non-motorised sweet daisy smelling bicycle transport cue the hippy-guitar-pot-smoking-music...

That would be a great thing to happen. The fewer stinking cars on the road the better.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by happyhunter » 26 Jun 2016, 12:07 pm

Matthew Terrance O'Connor, 27, was arrested on Friday morning at a home in Heidelberg, a day after he is accused of killing cyclist Peter McGuffie in a hit and run on Barkly Street.[\quote]
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/matth ... prr78.html

Looks like they caught the gutless piece of crap.

Mr O'Connor was charged with culpable driving, dangerous driving causing death, failing to remain at an accident and failing to render assistance. He has also been charged with breaching bail.

A true dirt bag that deserves to spend a few years behind bars.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Sydor » 26 Jun 2016, 2:09 pm

Presumption of innocence is the fundamental to any system that desires to be fair. The fact that LFAO are stripped this right is bad enough.
Sydor
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by disco2 » 26 Jun 2016, 3:00 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
happyhunter wrote:Push bikes are clean transport, take up no parking space and do not contribute to road congestion, so bike riders should be rewarded rather than punished for choosing a mode of transport that benefits the majority.

do tell about this efficiencies of bike transport.......
Been to an urban area of Melbourne, or no doubt Sydney etc.... do you know how many 2 lane thoroughfares, main road etc have been 'environmentalised' or otherwise been made 'bike friendly' by taking Car lanes away??

Yes. 2 Car lanes to 1 car and 1 bike lane is not catering for a need but frustrating dirty polluting car users into submission until they discard their cars and adopt Clean utopian 2 wheel non-motorised sweet daisy smelling bicycle transport cue the hippy-guitar-pot-smoking-music....

When a car lane is converted to a bike lane - the bike take up the same space as a car (with the added 'benefit' of annoying all the drivers stuck in an endless line of cars while the total of 2 bikes casually cycles past head held high with the knowledge that the earth will rotate longer as a result of their sacrifices :roll: :roll:

This is what happens when the council seeks enviro brownie point over logic and common sense; Albert St East Melbourne.

With you 100% Geneses 93,

Over 18yo and you pay full vehicle rego for a push bike. I have to pay for my car, camper trailer, boat trailer and garden trailer. This nonsense that bike riders somehow have paid already because the have a car/motor bike is just that . Complete and utter NONSENSE.

The cost of the bike infrastructure is just horrendous. Then the selfish pricks ride down the middle of the road because they cannot be identified. Then run RED lights because they cannot be identified. The bowl over older people on footpaths because the cannot be identified. Choose to ride two abreast on footpaths when there is a perfectly usable marked bike lane available. The list just goes on and on.

We got rid of our Local State Member because he would not do anything about the matter. Should be more of it. :evil:

Cheers

Disco
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
disco2
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics