Define 'Mass Shooting'

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Define 'Mass Shooting'

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 20 Jun 2016, 7:34 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
happyhunter wrote:
Also that firearms violence trends remain relatively unchanged in the historical context and the NFA has done little to effect the trend.

The governments own statistics show firearm related violence had been trending down long before the NFA was introduced and the trend continues to decline. It is one of the statistical truths that the anti gun people conveniently ignore.

I had shown that not only did the downward trend exist.... but it was interupted - that is paused for a couple of yrs by little johnnies meddling...

Just as a most inconvenient refresher;
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Jun 2016, 7:41 am

I think the new mass shooting definition involves 1 or more people these days :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 20 Jun 2016, 7:47 am

I find it quite disgusting and revolting the way the local media pounce on ANY firearm incident, a single fatality, more so if it involves an 'interest group', even if there are no fatalities.....and take the opportunity to push the gun control agenda... I believe this is most a murdoch directive, given that he controls a huge chunk of our local news and media.. he is a gun-grabbist, he is a bilderberger (that is NO longer a 'conspiracy theory')...

The fact that say deaths, multiple deaths don't rate a mention then firearm injuries do?? How many 2x, 3/4/5+ motor vehicle fatalities occur in North America?

There was an horrific boating/tourist incident overnight in Russia, involving the deaths of 15 children....will it rate a mention given that a firearm wasnt involved? will it be more than a 5 second grab, or more than a text scrolling across the screen during the sport report? Will the same LBGT or other victimised group vigilise in cities calling for tougher boating rules in Russia?? Will the local tards call for tougher boating rules in Australia to stop such an atrocity here?

And of course the recent high profile childrens safety anti-bullying group AMF, will they have anything to say?

Nah. Wasnt a mass shooting.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gwion » 20 Jun 2016, 3:16 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I think the new mass shooting definition involves 1 or more people these days :unknown:

Apparently not in Australia, mate. If it was, govt & media would have to admit that the NFA isn't the prime example for international firearm regulation they claim it to be.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by GLS_1956 » 20 Jun 2016, 5:34 pm

Talk of "Mass Shootings" is Bullsh*t and smoke up the peoples *ss. I live in Oklahoma in 1995 168, possibly more, people were murdered in the Murrah Building bombing. McVeigh used ammonia fertilizer and auto fuel. Islamic extremist terrorists used box knives and airliners to murder thousands.

Evil finds away. Only good people with arms can stop evil.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Return to Firearms related media and politics