Michael Diamond

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Michael Diamond

Post by Wylie27 » 01 Jul 2016, 11:55 am

First up, this is not his first charge and not the first time his firearms licence was suspended.

He also had stated this hasn't affected his preparation as he doesn't train.......

Shooting Australia binned him not the AOC.. He has a right of reply which he is doing.

He was caught high range drink driving, with a gun and ammunition in the car. He was not going to the range OR leaving a range....

Lets keep it to the facts and not conspiracy theories like every other thread of late....
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Jul 2016, 2:06 pm

Supaduke wrote:Come on mate, you know only White Males can be racist. Everyone else is just an oppressed minority (cough)

SHUDDUP..... i demand a safe space. :huh:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 01 Jul 2016, 4:37 pm

You don't allegedly have a BAC above the legal limit. You are either over the limit or not over, and he's a proven drink driver so that makes him an idiot.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Supaduke » 01 Jul 2016, 5:20 pm

happyhunter wrote:You don't allegedly have a BAC above the legal limit. You are either over the limit or not over, and he's a proven drink driver so that makes him an idiot.

Agreed, Olympian or not. Caught red handed. And like the rest of us in a similar situation gets his punishment. No firearms license so no guns, no shooting. It just won't do to have unlicensed shooters on your Olympic team. It's unfortunate but in some ways it's a good thing that he is not given special treatment.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bigM » 01 Jul 2016, 7:22 pm

While he was over the limit to drive, it has not actually been established that he was driving in this condition.
The gun was locked in the car and possession seems hard to prove.

It is not as black and white as some are presenting.

Pity that he is guilty until proven innocent.
"Are you ready?"
bigM
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 02 Jul 2016, 2:13 pm

bigM wrote:While he was over the limit to drive, it has not actually been established that he was driving in this condition.
The gun was locked in the car and possession seems hard to prove.

It is not as black and white as some are presenting.

Pity that he is guilty until proven innocent.

From what I heard-read he was not driving but standing beside car when police turned up, if his brother dobbed him in then he will be done for DD.

If he had a Cat A shotgun no legal requirements for transporting It he does have to explain how he would take it from car to gun safe, if there was another Cat A license holder living with him he could say they could have brought it in.

From what I understand there is a young kid who met all the selection criteria and should have been chosen over MD, the Olympic selections can be a farce I recall a person who met all the criteria for Sailing in 2000 yet was bumped for someone who didn't meet the selection criteria.

Alcohol causes a lot of problems, as a former bouncer I think we have 3 types of drunk which are happy-depressive and aggressive, if you're not a happy drunk don't get drunk.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by RDobber » 26 Jul 2016, 3:50 pm

But they need to get drunk so they can do stupid things and say "It wasn't my fault, I was drunk".

Because that is a rock solid excuse for anything :lol:
300 Win Mag Fanboy

Tikka, Tikka, Tikka, BOOM!
RDobber
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by southwest shooter » 29 Jul 2016, 8:31 pm

loves a few coldies from what i hear.
southwest shooter
Corporal