Wha...bu...how...sh...they...(deep sigh)

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Wha...bu...how...sh...they...(deep sigh)

Post by Noisydad » 12 Jul 2016, 3:17 pm

Imagine not one, not two, but THREE Samantha Lee's on one tv show...https://www.facebook.com/www.centraltex ... 038107665/ Dunno about you, but I'm actually kind of impressed at the level of stupid demonstrated here! :wtf:
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: Wha...bu...how...sh...they...(deep sigh)

Post by AusTac » 12 Jul 2016, 3:31 pm

The question is, what are they doing out of the kitchen?!

I kid i kid, she must have been asleep during the firearms class at forensics school cause she knows next to nothing about her own friggn job!
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by RoginaJack » 12 Jul 2016, 3:39 pm

"You can get a adaptor that will turn your hunting rifle, a double shot, into a assault weapon". Must be black in colour, that would make it a "Tactical Assault double shot weapon"! :lol:
AND
"The difference between a hunting rifle and a assault weapon is THE SCOPE and these can be bought on line!" This is from a "FORENSIC EXPERT"! :lol:
The adaptor will make the gun "shoot faster" :lol:

What an absolute load of rubbish! :allegedly:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Chronos » 12 Jul 2016, 3:46 pm

, Be right back. Just heading down to IGA to pick up an adapter and a scope to turn my bolt action hunting rifle into an automatic that doesn't need to eject the bullets between firing

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by RoginaJack » 12 Jul 2016, 3:54 pm

Yeah CHRONOS, I'd join ya but I'm still rolling around on the floor pissn myself laughing. This expert almost makes Sam look sane
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Jul 2016, 4:45 pm

Holy F***

Member-Deleted

Post by Heckler303 » 12 Jul 2016, 4:48 pm

Dear Lord, this is a new breed of moron.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by adam » 12 Jul 2016, 5:35 pm

Wow - could you imagine what they'd say if someone put a scope on an adler shotgun!?! Next-Gen military rapid fire assault super weapon.

Sadly - this is exactly what I expect from news services these days - nothing but fraud and lies... it's beyond being funny - I just see it as plain sad that this is where we've come to...
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 Jul 2016, 6:27 pm

Holy crapola batman...this is a new benchmark in stupid, maybe Sam Lee needs to polish up her stupid by watching.... literally every statement from the expert was a LOS...

Scope is the difference between a hunting rifle and an assault rifle.... grocery store... FMD
Adapter to make it assault rifle....FMDer

was probably a hunting rifle with an assault scope modeified with an adapter to make it an assault rifle??? FMDerer

Single action rifle? not ejecting between.... come on, this is a put on right?

I all seriousness.... I say it was an AR10, it wasnt a 223....I say anyway :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Rifle realist » 12 Jul 2016, 8:28 pm

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper. Thomas Jefferson
Sako quad .22 WMR 3-9X40 Leupold VXI
Anchutz 1430-1434 .22 Hornet 4 X 40 Bushnell
Sako 85 Varmint .260 Rem 4.5-14X50 Leupold VXIII
Sako 85 Hunter .338 Win Mag 3.5-10X40 Leupold VXIII
Marlin 1895 45/70
Assorted .22s & Shotguns
Rifle realist
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Supaduke » 12 Jul 2016, 10:09 pm

I find it amazing that with the gun culture in the USA, that was the best "expert" they could find. I also find it amazing that amount of naive babble went unquestioned. Surely it would not have been difficult to drum up a veteran or cop.

Just..........sigh
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 12 Jul 2016, 10:13 pm

Supaduke wrote:Surely it would not have been difficult to drum up a veteran or cop.

Probably wouldn't have been difficult to get, but then a gun expert or vet cop isn't going to give the gun fearing response that the media wants.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 13 Jul 2016, 10:54 am

Now that I think of it.

Maybe she was trying t make the point that an "assult weapon" isn't that different to a hunting rifle.

You must remember that they have semi auto hunting rifles over there. So you buy a Springfield M1A or Mini 14 or 30 with a 3-9 scope as a hunting rifle and it's considered a hunting rifle but if you put it in some pistol grip synthetic stock and fit some flip up sights or a red dot and it's considered an assult rifle. Maybe in her own twisted was she was trying to say "all guns are bad" rather than the usual "evil assult rifles"

Who knows.

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Jul 2016, 12:15 pm

thats right, only difference between a hunting rifle and an "assault weapon" (more correctly mag fed - semi-auto rifle with a few other qualifying features).....

Is, in any sense of any intelligent consideration, nothing what so ever....apart from the hunting rifle 'might' have a timber stock...it might 'not' have a pistol grip etc...

Is there a difference between a Remington 7400 chambered in 223 compared to an AR15?? as far as 'lethality"?

Actually, the hunting rifle is probably/most likely more powerful than the 'AW' (which is normally, but not always) chambered in 223Rem, while I would expect hunting rifles to be chambered in something more powerful than that....but not always..

But associating 'hunting rifles' with such events is a dangerous tactic, as it tends to 'widen the net' as most/many gun owners own from 1 to many 'hunting rifles' - so the 'threat' is therefore more widespread than ARs....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Rocker » 13 Jul 2016, 1:52 pm

Chronos wrote:Maybe she was trying t make the point that an "assult weapon" isn't that different to a hunting rifle.

She could always just call it a rifle or a firearm.

"assault" is just adding a scary prefix to it for the hype and drama they're always trying to build.
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 13 Jul 2016, 3:33 pm

Chronos wrote:Now that I think of it.

Maybe she was trying t make the point that an "assult weapon" isn't that different to a hunting rifle.

Chronos

Ah, Nnnope, more like she hasn't got a flippin clue!
I'd like to hear the Expert's explanation of what is a "double shot weapon" and fit an "adapter to make it shoot faster"..

When asked what type of weapons did she think were used and replied that we don't know yet, well that's where she should have left it but went on with all the rubbish under the sun and lost all credibility... :mrgreen:

cheers.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Jul 2016, 3:47 pm

I think I just developed some kind of brain infection watching that.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Jul 2016, 4:27 pm

Problem there is no antidote to this kind of (possibly/probably) purposeful misinformation... just the local environment, where they report crap and have their expert on live satellite link, Alpers, Lee etc... providing all the answers, that to the firearm layman sound totally legit :thumbsup: :allegedly: ..... or when they have a totally balanced ( :sarcasm: ) round table discussion with 3 known leftist liberal commies, (including that red bandana toting excuse for a reasonably intelligent human), a couple of blonde token media personalities, token bloke whose grandfather once had a 22 and shot a rabbit, and of course Alpers or Chapman or ******....

Totes Legit.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by adam » 13 Jul 2016, 5:21 pm

My guess on what has happened...

- "Expert" watches TV...

- Hears the term 'Double Tap" on some movie or TV show in regards to a murder and thought it sounded more dangerous than just a normal shooting, followed by someone having a drinking game later on at the pub with 'double shots'.

- When next interviewed tries to sound like an expert, and add shock factor to the interview, so tries to use the phrase from the movie she recalls, completely misquoting it.

I can see the next expert interview now:

"Yes - the shooter used an astalavista attachment on their aimbot weapon (which can be purchased at any 7/11 store) which turns a semi automatic transmission rifle it into a fully automatic transmission assault rifle - we have to take these guns away from people!"
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 13 Jul 2016, 5:57 pm

The more I think about it the more I feel it was just a regular anti that has managed to fool the news Co into thinking she is a firearms (sorry assault weapons) expert and managed to get on there and further push her agenda by spreading lies.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by AnotherMisfire » 13 Jul 2016, 6:12 pm

Maybe she works for Leupold?

Oh f*** - I'm listening while typing and heard "clip"...

Guess with the right scope my Marlin can shoot Olympic grade!

Am
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by adam » 14 Jul 2016, 8:23 am

Question to the Media: How can you claim someone to be an expert in a matter that they neither have participated in, or worse - hates?

if I wanted to talk to an expert about planes, I wouldn't talk to someone who's scared of flying and has never flown a plane in their lives... I'd talk to a pilot - with thousands of hours experience in all kinds of conditions and different planes.

If I wanted to talk to an expert about formula one cars, I wouldn't talk to a Greenie who is completely anti-oil and has never opened a bonnet in their lives and only ever rides pushbikes. I'd talk to someone who has driven the cars in question, worked in a pit stop and has breathed petrol fumes most of their lives.

What the media has done is effectively called an Amish person in as an expert on the next iPhone model that's about to be released and asked them to comment about it.

If I wanted to talk to an expert about firearms - I'd get someone who has lived and breathed them in. A firearms instructor. Someone from the military that does training in all kids of firearms. Yet the media goes to people who have :allegedly: never fired a shot in their lives and calls them an expert on firearms.

Is it too much to expect the media to get people on who really know what they're talking about? Sadly, the answer is 'yes'. Because once again - truth is like kryptonite for the media.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 14 Jul 2016, 8:32 am

They did actually call her a forensics expert, not a firearms expert.

Must be an expert in forensic accounting.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by petemacsydney » 14 Jul 2016, 9:11 am

too funny
_________
Are you ready for the Zombie apocalypse?
petemacsydney
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Jul 2016, 10:04 am

forensic psychopathic mental disorders and illusions of knowledge....eggspurt?

When they pull out their experts, usually after a shooting, while the cases are still bouncing and spinning on the ground, before the blood has dried... its abusing the "we must do something to prevent this" psychology.... where people are (rightly) shocked at the death (either the incident itself or the way the presstitutes report it while chasing the ambulances..) AT WHICH time the people are very receptive to suggestion and emotion...

10 people have been shot dead with a 308winchester semi-auto.....
If you ask a person the next day "Should we ban all semi-auto rifles or all 308wins"
Emotional response - we must ban all semi autos, all 308 winchesters

Ask the same question in 12months time, when the logic and reasoning 'parts of the brain' are not overcome by emotional and irrational thoughts...and I have no doubt whatsoever the respondent would not answer in such haste..... example, 'The Age' poll concerning the support for gun control post Port Arthur has been well quoted as evidence of Australian's support for banning semis (90% support!)..... apart from having only 2000 odd respondent, the poll was taken less than a week after PAM when the bodies were probably still in the cafe and surrounds.... it is on the Parliament House website to 'inform' our representative and I guess to assure them their actions were supported in the community :roll:

.....In an Age poll of 2058 Australians taken on 3-5 May 1996, 90 per cent of those surveyed supported a national ban on all automatic and semi-automatic firearms, 88 per cent supported firearms registration, 73 per cent thought that gun owners should pay an annual registration fee for each gun they own, and 69 per cent thought that gun owners should be required to store their guns at an armoury or with the police.

>here<
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by adam » 14 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm

Gwion wrote:They did actually call her a forensics expert, not a firearms expert.

Aaah - I see...

And tomorrow we will have an expert on the Janome sowing machine to tell us what is currently happening with the war on ISIS... :roll:

But it's OK - I keep a record of this sort of stuff to show to people to encourage more people to get away from watching main stream media reports. Probably should do up a youtube channel at some stage exposing the worst of the press. :D
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by petemacsydney » 14 Jul 2016, 12:58 pm

Yup, everyone knows that Jenome and Singer are behind the ISIS movement... It's a total conspiracy... :lol:

adam wrote:
Gwion wrote:They did actually call her a forensics expert, not a firearms expert.

Aaah - I see...

And tomorrow we will have an expert on the Janome sowing machine to tell us what is currently happening with the war on ISIS... :roll:

But it's OK - I keep a record of this sort of stuff to show to people to encourage more people to get away from watching main stream media reports. Probably should do up a youtube channel at some stage exposing the worst of the press. :D
_________
Are you ready for the Zombie apocalypse?
petemacsydney
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Jul 2016, 2:05 pm

petemacsydney wrote:Yup, everyone knows that Jenome and Singer are behind the ISIS movement...

I've seen videos of isis reloading equipment, some of it goes up and down like a sewing machine.
There's definitely a link there.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by heeple » 26 Jul 2016, 9:50 am

The spelling and grammar in that reply is making my brain hurt :P :lol:
Remingtion 700 XCR in 7mm-08
Winchester 94 in 30-30
Ruger 77/22 in 22LR
heeple
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bazooker » 26 Jul 2016, 10:23 am

Our "Forensic Expert" has probably heard of this.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxwPEL8winI

It's an add-on that gives you a "triple tap"

Baz.
It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze........Relax!
Bazooker
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics