Got the thieving bastard

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Got the thieving bastard

Post by GLS_1956 » 25 Aug 2016, 12:25 am

Mongrel wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I'll say well done to the police for catching this deadshit, now all we need is a judge who can actually hand out the appropriate punishment!

Goodluck finding one :(

You think YOU got it hard? just in time for our Presidential election the Governor of the "Great" State of Virginia, a member of the Democratic Party, just signed Executive Orders restoring the voting rights of Two Hundred and Six Thousand, 206,000, CONVICTED FELONS.!!!!

Virginia is expected to be a swing state this election year and nearly with a total population of approximately 8,300,000 people you can see how that 206,000 CONVICTED FELONS voting can have an effect on the outcome. In 2012 the vote in Virginia was approximately 1,900,000 for the Democrat candidate and 1,800,000 for the Republican candidate. So since the odds are the CONVICTED FELONS will vote Democratic I'm sure you can see where this is heading.

There is however a lawsuit attempting to stop his blanket executive order from taking affect.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Re: Got the thieving bastard

Post by brett1868 » 25 Aug 2016, 12:47 am

You think YOU got it hard? just in time for our Presidential election the Governor of the "Great" State of Virginia, a member of the Democratic Party, just signed Executive Orders restoring the voting rights of Two Hundred and Six Thousand, 206,000, CONVICTED FELONS.!!!!

Virginia is expected to be a swing state this election year and nearly with a total population of approximately 8,300,000 people you can see how that 206,000 CONVICTED FELONS voting can have an effect on the outcome. In 2012 the vote in Virginia was approximately 1,900,000 for the Democrat candidate and 1,800,000 for the Republican candidate. So since the odds are the CONVICTED FELONS will vote Democratic I'm sure you can see where this is heading.

There is however a lawsuit attempting to stop his blanket executive order from taking affect

Felons they may be but at least they can choose to vote or not vote without penalty. If I choose not to vote it costs me a $55 penalty, the Aussie version of democracy is "Do it or be fined".

A quick read shows that our crims can vote if serving less than 3 years. If serving more then 3 years they can't vote which seems fair and reasonable considering our 4 year term for federal politicians. Not sure what the democrats are up to with this one, suspicious to change voting eligibility so close to an election. Maybe they are running scared.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics