QandA (ABC panel program)

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

QandA (ABC panel program)

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Sep 2016, 10:08 am

So last night... first question was firearm related.

Here we go.... with the usual panel debate totally unbiased :roll: with 1 pro gun voice in a sea of condescending denigration...howls of contempt with every word uttered by those opposing the guns are baaaad view...

<<< here tis >>>

The Audience:
ALP 36%, Coalition 36%, Greens 12%, Other 16%

So all the parties stated are anti, I'd say half the 'other' likewise anti.... so at most 8% agreed or at least sympathised with pro gun or gun-tolerant view....

First question to Bridget McKenzie;

MERINDA AIR asked: Bridget McKenzie why do you like shooting for fun and why do you feel that anyone should get access to firearms? I can understand farmers, but not members of the general public.

Here we go.... :roll: blind sided McKenzie with the question THEN THE YOUTUBE VIDEO SHOOTING SHAM LEIGH (sam Lee effigy) with an Adler..aaaaahhhhhhh....it was shameful, any other topic I'm sure they wouldnt have targeted a single female participant, like a fox lit up with a spotty... would have been called sexist or 'misogynist'....different game with guns in the mix...

Oh and Samantha Lee is a Lawyer??? shizen, really? I'd like to know which particular Uni gave HER a law degree....

Anyway, you'd think McKenzie was solely representing the 'gun movement' in parliament. So much crap going on in and around these MPs and yet she still must justify sport shooting to the 'progressives' or otherwise brain dead who have been convinced/brainwashed into their mindset...

ALEXANDER CZERWANIW asked: Does Bridget Mckenzie think that expanding gun ownership could lead to increased terror rates or increase the likelihood of a mass shooting?

Oh yes. Of course... the current terror threat is directly linked to the sale of Adlers...

The highlight or perhaps low-light... was when the host, at this stage all are wound up about the rapid fire adler and the terror threat it represents, RE Monis and the Lindt cafe incident; "Imagine what would have happened if he had THAT kind of shotgun".... FFS really? are they this stupid...?? unfortunately McKenzie didnt 'educate him'....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Re: QandA (ABC panel program)

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 13 Sep 2016, 10:15 am

That video f***ed us more then those guys realised, f**king idiots. We should all take a collective stand against s**t like that.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 13 Sep 2016, 10:47 am

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:That video f***ed us more then those guys realised, f**king idiots. We should all take a collective stand against s**t like that.

Totally and unreservedly agree!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 13 Sep 2016, 11:06 am

Should start a social nedia campaign where people post the number of ferals killed with adlers. Something positive showing how the adler is helping destroy ferals and protecting native species.
#adlerprotectingnativespecies
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Gwion » 13 Sep 2016, 1:04 pm

i don't use twitter or anything but how about:
#shooter_and_conservationist
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Wylie27 » 13 Sep 2016, 1:30 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:That video f***ed us more then those guys realised, f**king idiots. We should all take a collective stand against s**t like that.

What's worse there are idiots out there that like this s**t and support these ******.

Sooner they lose their licence the better....
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Sep 2016, 1:31 pm

I won't be adding fuel to the fire by "clicking "
on the article.
Clicks = demand for that type of trash
More demand = more trash media

Someone needs to be flogged for that video.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 13 Sep 2016, 2:03 pm

Wylie27 wrote:

What's worse there are idiots out there that like this s**t and support these ******.

One of the groups needs to take a stand ethier shooters Union or SSAA and say "No we do not support this kind of behaviour"
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 13 Sep 2016, 2:09 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:

One of the groups needs to take a stand ethier shooters Union or SSAA and say "No we do not support this kind of behaviour"

That's absolutely what needs to happen. We should all be standing up and decrying such behaviour where ever we can.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 13 Sep 2016, 2:20 pm

I've sent them both a few messages, hopefully they respond the responsible way, everyone who has a few minutes should do the same show them that their members think this is not on.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by doc » 14 Sep 2016, 8:01 am

I haven't clicked on the link - not interested in Q&A propaganda, but I can probably guess what the content is. Targeting legal firearm owners again and having little focus about the organised crime imports which far outweigh any firearm used for crime that came from licensed owners?

Their reasoning is akin to someone suggesting that the solution to the ICE drug problem is to reducing the number of drugs prescribed by doctors to patience.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Sep 2016, 11:11 am

doc wrote:I haven't clicked on the link - not interested in Q&A propaganda, but I can probably guess what the content is. Targeting legal firearm owners again and having little focus about the organised crime imports which far outweigh any firearm used for crime that came from licensed owners?

Their reasoning is akin to someone suggesting that the solution to the ICE drug problem is to reducing the number of drugs prescribed by doctors to patience.

I watch it every week....yes, it is 'progressive' nonsense most of the time, makes me physically sick, but I like to know what 'they' are debating and what are representative are saying...

I really despise the way the audience claps and cheers any lefty view but are silent on anything dissenting to the social justice propaganda, gay marriage, save all the refugees, open/no borders, tax the rich... etc
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gamerancher » 14 Sep 2016, 11:25 am

Best show was when Turnbull told Tony Jones that everybody "knew" that he was Labours' greatest mouthpiece. He went bright red in the face and could hardly talk.
Lefty ABC w#nkers hate to be spotlighted as being "biased".
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by doc » 15 Sep 2016, 5:30 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I really despise the way the audience claps and cheers any lefty view but are silent on anything dissenting to the social justice propaganda, gay marriage, save all the refugees, open/no borders, tax the rich... etc

Eerie in the way that it wouldn't be dissimilar to Soviet Russia in it's day, or Nazi Germany, or North Korea now, etc... Completely silent one side, and very vocal the other.

ABC is showing some very concerning attributes, and they only appear to be getting worse.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by happyhunter » 15 Sep 2016, 5:50 pm

doc wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:I really despise the way the audience claps and cheers any lefty view but are silent on anything dissenting to the social justice propaganda, gay marriage, save all the refugees, open/no borders, tax the rich... etc

Eerie in the way that it wouldn't be dissimilar to Soviet Russia in it's day, or Nazi Germany, or North Korea now, etc... Completely silent one side, and very vocal the other.

ABC is showing some very concerning attributes, and they only appear to be getting worse.

Umm.. comparing to nazi germany? North Korea? Your kidding right? It's just a TV show. Change the channel FFS.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Sep 2016, 6:01 pm

doc wrote:

Sorry doc.... you cant conflate soviet union (internationalism) with Nazi germany (nationalism) they supported 2 absolutely different perspectives...;

Nazi Germany would not allow the gay, mulitracial, diverse, no gender, no border, anti-family, anti-christian vile propaganda the gaybeecee support and encourages.... its well accepted that the ABC is leftist/progressive. They need a clean out... nothing less

Does that make me a Nazi?
Absolutely NOT....
I would NEVER ..... NEVER support Lederhosen in public.....
.unless of course it followed a shipload of munchen brau :drinks: :D
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 15 Sep 2016, 6:49 pm

I don't mind the ABC. Shows like river monsters and some good movies. You just avoid the crap like Q and A.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by doc » 16 Sep 2016, 8:38 am

I never said that we were Nazi's, or Communists. I was comparing that in those nations one thing that is common was that oppositions were suppressed or censored so only one side was portrayed.

Whilst talking about Nazi Germany though - how you do suppose the Nazi's came to power in a democracy? Was it overnight, or was it over time - and if so what different tactics were used?
Last edited by doc on 16 Sep 2016, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Gwion » 16 Sep 2016, 10:10 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Nazi Germany would not allow the gay, mulitracial, diverse, no gender, no border, anti-family, anti-christian vile propaganda the gaybeecee support and encourages.... its well accepted that the ABC is leftist/progressive. They need a clean out... nothing less

Does that make me a Nazi?
Absolutely NOT....
I would NEVER ..... NEVER support Lederhosen in public.....
.unless of course it followed a shipload of munchen brau :drinks: :D

I figured it out.....
You're Alan Jones & Pauline Hanson's love child!!!!!
:lol: :drinks: :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Nov 2016, 8:09 am

Gwion wrote: I figured it out.....
You're Alan Jones & Pauline Hanson's love child!!!!!
:lol: :drinks: :lol:

That would be difficult, with Al liking the boys, and perhaps Pauline not being too interested in self admitted feminist girly boys....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by GLS_1956 » 22 Nov 2016, 9:19 pm

doc wrote:Whilst talking about Nazi Germany though - how you do suppose the Nazi's came to power in a democracy? Was it overnight, or was it over time - and if so what different tactics were used?

Short story long: The Nazis were able to come to power by exploiting the flaws inherent in a pure democratic form of government as opposed to a republican form of government.

In the post WW I Weimar German Gov't there were so many political parties that no one group had enough members in the Reichstag to form a stable government. Trying to remember back 40+ years to my high school history classes here, so please be a little tolerant. As I recall the NSPAD, Nazi Party, only received about 15% of the vote at any time, but that gave them more members than any other group. The Nazis then went about forming multiple coalitions with other parties which gave ever increasing power. That power manipulation resulted in their getting Hitler appointed to the Chancellorship under President Hindenburg. The rest they say is history.

The writers of the US Constitution recognized the dangers of a pure democracy which is why they set up our government as a REPUBLIC instead. With originally only members of The House of Representatives being directly elected by the voters.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Return to Firearms related media and politics