'Great Forest' NP - Yarra Ranges #call to Action#

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

'Great Forest' NP - Yarra Ranges #call to Action#

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Oct 2016, 9:57 am

The Greens have been pushing this barrow and pushing, they want this and sent their Councillor (Dunn) to State Parliament for this purpose (from YR Council to Greens MP in Vic)...

The state Gov has put this on the back burner but they are a dog with a bone....they want to lock up ALL the state forest around Melbourne and their party of extremist greens have even somehow convinced the state Gov to 'give' them the Toolangi visitor centre (that had been closed years earlier) and are turning (have turned?) into a GFNP outpost! [I'm planning to go their and seek info on Deer hunting, rifle slung :) ]

So....

These virulent Greens are running no less than 3 endorsed candidates in the Yarra Ranges Election coming up (ballots posted out in days)

Hence....

Any Yarra Ranges residents, be AWARE who the greens candidates are,

KEIL, Catherine #endorsed GREEN#
FRANCIS, David #endorsed GREEN#
HENLEY, Andrew #endorsed GREEN#

There are many other candidates as well as current councillors who might not be endorsed HOWEVER are extremely 'environmental'.

Make no mistake, they have made the GFNP a council prerogative, even spent ratepayer money on a report they hoped to assist the cause, however proved it would cost many jobs ... and was of little if any benefit..

These guys want to take OUR state forest away!

PM with your YR street & suburb for more info, YOUR vote counts - a NON-green / enviro biased council WILL put the GFNP to bed once and for all.

If you know your ward, let us know...
Last edited by <<Genesis93>> on 01 Oct 2016, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Re: 'Great Forest' NP - Yarra Ranges #call to Action#

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Oct 2016, 11:38 am

The work has barely begun.... these guys will not give up, and if they get their way, the 'hunters' state will become the 'environmental low impact solar powered eco-tourism' state of no jobs and empty forests full of untouchable deer... :thumbsdown:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by pete1 » 01 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm

They spent a fortune building that building as a tourism information center, all out of hard wood then never maintained it and treated properly, so it ended up with termites and talked about pulling the whole thing down I'm surprised they are going to use it again.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 01 Oct 2016, 1:45 pm

That would mess my s**t right up if they locked us out of wallan to eildon, always playing in there :(
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by SteamedHam » 01 Oct 2016, 1:59 pm

Some shops near my home have placards declaring their 'support' for the GFNP.

Ffs, you pricks don't even visit the area now, why would you when it's a national park.
SteamedHam
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Oct 2016, 2:31 pm

SteamedHam wrote:Some shops near my home have placards declaring their 'support' for the GFNP.

Ffs, you pricks don't even visit the area now, why would you when it's a national park.

Most of these oxythieves dont leave the 'city limits', they have this fantasy of protecting the leadbeaters possum and stopping 'evil forestry industries' NOT that they want to actually go there...of course removing redneck Adler toting cruel baby animal killers is a big plus for them.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by deadkitty » 01 Oct 2016, 4:51 pm

Then again , as I have stated before, the MAJORITY of people are not gun totting shooters who oppose anything and everything " green'". Eco tourism is worth much more to the country than shooting. Leadbeaters Possum is critically endangered and most of the E.regnans forest eco tome has been already destroyed or severely degraded. The future of the forest industry has been in their own hands since the 1970's, plantations are the only way for them to go...... and most now accept this fact, I know this as I sell seedling trees to people for this very reason. You can't endlessly cut down trees without planting for the future, that's called sustainability. I've been reading lotś about how the S.S.A.A. is doing such wonderful work for the environment and conservation, they've made the ABC's Landline programme with the Farmer Assist inititive, set up shooting ranges that double a Conservation areas etc etc, this is great work and does an awful lot to promote the image of shooters in the eyes of the general public, yet, once again I'm reading calls to" man the barricades" and oppose a new National Park, which the majority of voters support. Sometimes shooters are their very own worst enemy, get with the times, or you will go the way of the dinosaurs..... it won't worry me too much, I'll still have a rifle and be able to shoot, but the kids of the future will find it tough.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead, it's only difficult for the others,
it's the same when you are stupid.
deadkitty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Oct 2016, 5:27 pm

Go away.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by deadkitty » 01 Oct 2016, 6:45 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Go away.

No, this is Australia mate, I have as much right to express my views and opinions as you do, don't like it? :unknown: I don't really care, it's called democracy, freedom of speech and expression. :geek: . Have a lovely day.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead, it's only difficult for the others,
deadkitty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by SteamedHam » 02 Oct 2016, 9:08 am

deadkitty wrote:it won't worry me too much

How selfish. I don't have any private properties in Victoria that I can go to. If I want to get away, the very place I goto is going to be taken away from me, and for what reason? I agree that logging isn't sustainable and forests should be protected, but locking them up and denying the public access does nothing good. DEPI are supposed to be lacking in manpower. It's asking for a repeat of black Saturday.
SteamedHam
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 02 Oct 2016, 3:02 pm

They tried this at my local about 15 years back. Wanted the SF designated to a State Park which automagically would close access and ban all the activities the greens hate. I went to there silly meeting and was asked to leave because I challenged their rhetoric. Fortunately there was a good number of attendees that backed my right to speak. Even got to speak to a reporter.

Apparently the Greens only support free speech on the condition it agrees with their ideals.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 02 Oct 2016, 4:04 pm

happyhunter wrote:..........Apparently the Greens only support free speech on the condition it agrees with their ideals.

That absolutely how they see it.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 02 Oct 2016, 5:24 pm

SteamedHam wrote:

How selfish. I don't have any private properties in Victoria that I can go to. If I want to get away, the very place I goto is going to be taken away from me, and for what reason? I agree that logging isn't sustainable and forests should be protected, but locking them up and denying the public access does nothing good. DEPI are supposed to be lacking in manpower. It's asking for a repeat of black Saturday.

There are different 'types' of logging, I dont fully agree with clear felling old growth, but thats not the usual practice.....

Logging is VERY sustainable.. dont believe anything these dills proclaim.. the Example of the logging coups around Melourne - felled for a century or more, replanted, felled again...and again and again...

THAT TIMBER BUILT HOW MANY HOMES IN MELBOURNE!!!.

It is the epitome of sustainable industry.

The greens simply want 'the environment' locked up. nothing more nothing less. They are antithesis to normal human behavior, life, survival, existence, certainly recreation.

They base their ideology on the United Nation Environment movement including the 'Global Biodiversity Assessment' (a significant piece of over 1000pages) that proclaimed a number of activities and developments 'unsustainable' including houses, paved roads, gold courses, snow field, you name it...even the houses we live in! These guys literally want the devolution of humans along with our settlements.

Even the recent news about reintroducing certain animal species into Europe.... IT IS PART of this plan to remove humans from 'the environment', concentrate them in cities, (refer Melbourne 2030, Urban growth Boundary and densification of settled Metro Melbourne, dual ocs, 3-occs, 4-occs) and it was known as the 'wildlands project' (<please google it)

It is some seriously effed up thinking that jams ALL the people into Singapore style cities and leaves the rest (95% of the land??) to the re-wilding with animals and out of bounds to humans...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 02 Oct 2016, 5:48 pm

Logging is VERY sustainable.. dont believe anything these dills proclaim.. the Example of the logging coups around Melourne - felled for a century or more, replanted, felled again...and again and again...

Yeah, done properly it actually produces a quality forest. There is enough plantation space to keep regrowing without touching the small areas of old growth that's left. Timber is a renewable resource.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by AusTac » 02 Oct 2016, 6:23 pm

That " national park " area they want it chockers full of pine plantation.. i got lost in one on tuesday.. its not all bad we need to get our wood from somewhere, theres plenty of forested areas to go around, id leave it as it is
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by southeast varmiter » 02 Oct 2016, 6:56 pm

It's becoming hard to counter the brain dead and washed millennials from voting for them.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by deadkitty » 04 Oct 2016, 7:11 am

SteamedHam wrote:

Sorry but you clearly missed my point, by the way, I am a property owner and occassionally allow shooters onto my peoperty, however, I am very fussy who I let on, If you're having problems finding places can I suggest you (a) place an ad in a shooting mag, (b) work on how you approach landholders, (c) appreciate the priveledge and leave no rubbish behind close, all gates and generally not behave like a d**khead. It also works wonders if you give the landowner the odd venison steak :thumbsup: . I am trying to help improve the image of shooters and counter the anti gun lobbys rather effective attacks, As a landowner , I will still be shooting the ferals long after the anti-gun nuts convince a non shooting public that ALL shooters are irresponsible.
deadkitty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by southeast varmiter » 04 Oct 2016, 12:30 pm

Conservative estimate $125m p.a.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 04 Oct 2016, 4:50 pm

bentaz wrote:I'm a "greenie" as well, (not to be mistaken for a greens voter) but the sad truth is that if all that land becomes national park it will all be f***ed and over run in weeds and pests in no time. The national parks service has had their budget cut again and again, they can't anywhere near look after the land they are already responsible for.
I have heard nothing at all about giving them a billion dollars or anything like that so that they can look after all that land they already cant look after without dumping another chunk of land the size of a European country.

So, the Vic. Parks Service has been following our ( N.S.W. ) lead ?
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by southeast varmiter » 04 Oct 2016, 5:22 pm

bentaz wrote:Is that what its supposed to cost or is that what they will be given to manage the "new" park?

Planning report gave a range 76 to 425 million. 125 was conservative.
This is on top of a 200 million gap they already have to manage what they got. :thumbsdown: idiots.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics