Age article..gun owner fails to win back firearms licence

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Age article..gun owner fails to win back firearms licenc

Post by brett1868 » 03 Nov 2016, 10:12 am

Talking is one thing but sending letters to government officials, especially foreign governments is taking it from words to actions.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 03 Nov 2016, 10:37 am

Pennsylvania Yank wrote:It seems this Ms Wentworth is a real good government type control freak..... She proudly defends freedom of speech, and even offensive freedom of speech as an indispensable part of Australian Democracy, yet she immediately maintains that actually exercising that right of free speech in this case is deserving of punishment.

The level of mental abuse some officials try to unload onto the law abiding is just stunning sometimes..

This guy may be an extreme bigot, and a conspiracy theorist, but that does not mean he is an immediate physical danger to himself or others. Do we really want to allow Government entities to question the mental fitness of all "bigots and conspiracy theorists", who dare to do things like write email letters, as a mechanism to take away rights and freedoms? Why I can't see any harm in allowing that, do you?

Actually he's not.
A bigot is someone who doesn't accept the opinions of others... in a 'free speech' society, the response to him would be along the lines of "thats your opinion, but I disagree"...
But in our up is down, black is white society, the loudest voices calling for freedoms of everything including speech, are the most compulsive outspoken bigots, seeking to shut down ALL voices and opinions contrary to their own.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 03 Nov 2016, 11:35 am

happyhunter wrote:
colinbentley wrote:When you have a firearms license it's dumb to express opinions such as this. It's asking for trouble.

Ok, so the Firearms Act should include a clause that forbids gun owners from the freedom to express views that besides being harmless, these views go against the mainstream? Are you saying Australia no longer allows free speech?

Haha did we ever have such a freedom?

unfortunately a firearm licence is only ever held at the pleasure (the discretion) of the Chief commissioner or his/her minions as may be delegated....

Had he have suggested Mal was a Buddhist.... there would have been no biggie...would have been laughed off, but mention Jew, and you're done for.

Funny how he's labeled a loon when he invoked the chosen people though...and is it that ridiculous to suggest a Jewish connection? Well, there was conveniently no mention of this recent interview with Mel himself talking about the same....

https://www.jewishnews.net.au/menachem- ... bull/32186
August 29, 2013

IT’S official. Malcolm Turnbull is Jewish … well, at least as far as his mother was concerned.

Speaking to The AJN this week, the shadow minister for communications and broadband recalled his mother, the author and academic Coral Magnolia Lansbury, discussing her heritage.

My mother always used to say that her mother’s family was Jewish,” the member for Wentworth said.

However, he added, “I’ve never researched it. I honestly don’t know where or how I would do that,”

Asked if his mother’s revelation has shaped his views he said: “Yes, maybe.”

“I grew up in the Eastern Suburbs and as we all observe there were a lot of Jews in the Eastern Suburbs and I have always been very comfortable.

“There is no doubt that the strong traditions of family and the whole heimishe atmosphere of the Jewish community, which I’m sure some people don’t like, for me – as someone who is a good friend, but not part of it – I find very admirable.”

Reflecting on his mother, he noted, “She had a lot of Jewish friends in Sydney and a lot of Jewish friends in Philadelphia, where she was living when she died.”

Jewish genealogist Eli Rabinowitz, who calls himself a mishpachah-ologist because he likes to connect people with their past, recently returned from the International Jewish Genealogical Conference in Boston.

He told The AJN if Turnbull is interested, he could help trace his Jewish lineage.

“It’s very possible for Malcolm to trace his heritage if he wants to from clues that he may have from his parents and grandparents,” Rabinowitz said.“I’d happily offer to help him if he would let me.”

JOSHUA LEVI

Malcolm Turnbull candidly chats to The AJN. Photo: Gareth Narunsky.

also here;
http://www.timesofisrael.com/australias ... h-thought/
and here
http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/new ... ish-roots/

Considering the matrilineal (female line) nature of the jewish 'racial' belief system, if his mothers line was indeed Jewish, not only would he himself be 'accepted' as a Jew, but he would be able to 'partake' in the 'right of return' to Israel and gain citizenship and live in the land regardless of whether he or ANY of his ancestors had ever been anywhere near the middle east... ever...

As far as Israel and terrorism, 'modern' terrorism pretty much started in Palestine, c/- those who formed the first Israeli government, King David hotel, Deir Yassin... etc etc. The State sponsored many foreign 'expeditions' to deal with individuals they wanted fixed... After the 76 ollies they spent years tracking down, around the globe those perps, not condoning their actions, but when you go into another Sovereign country and kill people.....

Recent years a group of Mossad agents, went to Dubai was it?? using fake AUSTRALIAN passports to assassinate someone. But what is that, is it not terrorism if it is officially sanctioned??

Supporting ISIS?? A great deal has been said and reported about links... many pictures even of Netanyahu visiting/comforting/shaking hands with Syrian rebel/ISIS fighter while being 'repaired' in Israel.... Reports of not only CIA but also Mossad agent working on the ground with the ISIS and "moderate"(laughable) opposition...

But just dont mention any of it if you wish to keep your Firearm licence.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics