Trump day 1

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Trump day 1

Post by Heckler303 » 11 Nov 2016, 10:06 am

Why do I imagine Gwion to be the kind of person that would have wanted Britain to stay in the EU?
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 Nov 2016, 10:32 am

albat wrote:What i cant understand "asylum seeker" ok how is it they cross numerous countries before arriving on australia's doorstep to claim asylum they often cross countries that have the same religion language and culture to claim saftey from persecution and are safe countries , often risking their lives to do this if you are seeking saftey from persecution surely one of these countries would fit the bill , or do they have other motives!!!

brett1868 wrote:Excellent question and here's another...Why don't the rich middle eastern countries accept asylum seekers? UAE & Saudi Arabia for instance....

Thats easy,
because it's not part of 'the plan', which is to -
(a) destabilise the region and
(b) to transfer 'displaced' populations to western/Europeans nations (use some imagination what this is meant to achieve)..

The 'rich' middle eastern nations want a regime change, not to help the people....thats for the west to be concerned about, Turkey want favour in the area of trade and defence and EU money..... so they 'allow' Syrian refuge but for long enough to arrange their passage to the ultimate destinations in Europe.

Its clear as day what theyre doing, however all we hear is the spin, from the left side of politics, which unfortunately also includes half of our supposedly centrist/right government...

The 'refugees' who are not only Syrian but from many countries not all at war are country shopping - for the greenest pastures and nations with the most lucrative social security programs (for the underprivileged 'asylum seekers')

Most of the Syrians are coming from SAFE REFUGEE CAMPS in Turkey...from safety. Send them back there until their nations are safe, better still set up more camps WITHIN Syria..and protect the safety of the Syrians IN Syria - thats a worthy humanitarian cause.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by albat » 11 Nov 2016, 1:45 pm

On this very day in history it is important to remember what our troops died for in the world wars and the liberties and freedom it gave us it came at a huge cost to the countries involved people get the governments they deserve you have to earn freedom not freeload on it !!
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by dpskipper » 11 Nov 2016, 3:22 pm

brett1868 wrote:
deye243 wrote:
AusTac wrote:I for one am pretty happy.. hopfully all the itar/export bullsh*t gets binned at the very least!

these a possibility that it will get worse

Yep, any firearms parts out of the U.S will rise exponentially in price so his win is a major loss for Australian shooters. He plans to disassemble the free trade agreements, some of which we benefit from. ITAR seems to be the whipping post for why dealers don't have much stock of U.S sourced items. I've had no issues getting ITAR approvals processed within 5-7 days so I find it difficult to believe ITAR as the root cause behind shortages.

I'll be hitting dealers over the weekend to stock up on hard to get U.S components such as projectiles, CCI Primers amongst other consumables and might even layby a few firearms.

I don't think Trump wants to remove all free trade agreements. More like renegotiate them for a better deal. No doubt prices will go up, but I doubt it will be much.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 11 Nov 2016, 3:28 pm

dpskipper wrote:
brett1868 wrote:
deye243 wrote:
AusTac wrote:I for one am pretty happy.. hopfully all the itar/export bullsh*t gets binned at the very least!

Yep, any firearms parts out of the U.S will rise exponentially in price so his win is a major loss for Australian shooters. He plans to disassemble the free trade agreements, some of which we benefit from. ITAR seems to be the whipping post for why dealers don't have much stock of U.S sourced items. I've had no issues getting ITAR approvals processed within 5-7 days so I find it difficult to believe ITAR as the root cause behind shortages.

I'll be hitting dealers over the weekend to stock up on hard to get U.S components such as projectiles, CCI Primers amongst other consumables and might even layby a few firearms.

I don't think Trump wants to remove all free trade agreements. More like renegotiate them for a better deal. No doubt prices will go up, but I doubt it will be much.

Hang on. Everybody is driving around in Jeeps and Holden and Ford are shutting down. FTAs always favor the USA.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Boo » 11 Nov 2016, 5:27 pm

Yes, why would Trump want to interfere with the US/AU FTA? The balance is in their favour now, any change will more likely than not make US product more available and so cheaper here.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 11 Nov 2016, 6:05 pm

Boo wrote:Yes, why would Trump want to interfere with the US/AU FTA? The balance is in their favour now, any change will more likely than not make US product more available and so cheaper here.

I get the feeling things could get easier for us to trade with the USA, be more likely to change export rules for American companies for products under Trump, we need to point out why do they have a problem exporting certain things our firearms registry allows us to have.

A laugh with this video on leftists reacting to Trumps kids game hunting Triceratops and Sabre Toothed tigers-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4Mi4ocyDw

Leftist females agreeing with Hillary on sharia law for the USA-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKosd0xJadE

These are the people who call Trump supporters uneducated bigots. :o
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Nov 2016, 9:14 pm

Putting an end to gun free zones :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 Nov 2016, 10:01 pm

dpskipper wrote:
brett1868 wrote:
deye243 wrote:

So the US Aus free trade agreement goes something like this;

USA exports to Australia = zero duty... absolutely nothing, free trade TO Aus.....on everything.(thats free trade)
Thats good... theres no duty on fun stuff, guns ammo etc....

AUS exports to USA... duty free on some items... else DUTY on much of the stuff we produce and send over there...eg, beef 4.4c/kg on carcass

Yeah.. not sure why its called a free trade agreement...even if we send firearm related stuff theres a duty over there on much of it.

I guess the yanks are better at negotiating..

Trump 'removing' the FTA would only harm USA.... if of course 'we' retaliating with 'some' duties on American goods coming here.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by darwindingo » 11 Nov 2016, 10:34 pm

You saying we actually still make stuff here ? :huh:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Nov 2016, 10:46 pm

IMHO this discussion is a waste of time. He is a businessman, and now politition.
What he says during the election campain and what he does in power will not be the same.
Wait and see.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 12 Nov 2016, 3:31 am

change has started my son picked up a ar 15 made by ruger they were being stock piled to sale if hillery wone now they are flooding the market for reduced prices.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Wylie27 » 12 Nov 2016, 6:44 am

The US stock market has hit an all time high.. I thought the economy of the USA was going to tank... :crazy: :D
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 12 Nov 2016, 7:15 am

Wylie27 wrote:The US stock market has hit an all time high.. I thought the economy of the USA was going to tank... :crazy: :D

Funny that ... The media, the leftards and our own politicians would have us believe that the whole world would be sucked into a black hole if Donald won.

It certainly looks like they had a vested interest in keeping Donald down.

Why ... agenda 21 ? , area 51 ? Fun Control ? Perhaps our politicians were scared of being shown up by common sense.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Boo » 12 Nov 2016, 10:34 am

The thing with Trump is that basically he did not pander to the mainstream media which is ordinarily what all main stream pollies do, hell, even some sensitive souls in his own party disowned him because of that. Now he has shown that the media and Hollywood combined do not have the final say if a politician is prepared to go his/her own way and still appeal to those voters who are just not interested in changing the world or cuddling up to strangers.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 12 Nov 2016, 12:16 pm

Oldbloke wrote:IMHO this discussion is a waste of time. He is a businessman, and now politition.
What he says during the election campain and what he does in power will not be the same.
Wait and see.

My point exactly.....

You've all been suckered. :ugeek: :drinks:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 Nov 2016, 12:26 pm

The one huge distinction between Trump and the others... is that the others are ALL BOUGHT and PAID for by the vested interests.....

That makes the world of difference...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Nov 2016, 3:01 pm

Gwion wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:IMHO this discussion is a waste of time. He is a businessman, and now politition.
Wait and see.

My point exactly.....

Big business and polies are mostly very professional bull s**t artists.
The first casualty in an election is the truth.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by albat » 12 Nov 2016, 3:44 pm

I think most people realize that not much is going to change overnight its more of a kick up the ass to set set the sail in a different direction and to not exclude the disenfranchised
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by dpskipper » 12 Nov 2016, 5:55 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Gwion wrote:
Wait and see.

My point exactly.....

Same with war.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Nov 2016, 6:41 pm

dpskipper wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
Gwion wrote:
Wait and see.

My point exactly.....

Same with war.

Yep, I plagerised it
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Boo » 13 Nov 2016, 10:28 am

Some of the losers are getting a bit violent, apparently democracy is OK when things go their way but otherwise let's throw a collective tantrum. It worked with mum and dad.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 13 Nov 2016, 10:44 am

Almost half the population didn't give a s**t!

I don't get why the other two candidates didn't get more votes.....
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Nov 2016, 11:55 am

Boo wrote:Some of the losers are getting a bit violent, apparently democracy is OK when things go their way but otherwise let's throw a collective tantrum. It worked with mum and dad.

It's a big eye opener to the mentally of people who are against Trump.
And they had the nerve to call Trump supporters "the deplorables"
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wrenchman » 13 Nov 2016, 1:24 pm

gwion i would agree i think they got more then you are reading many of the votes were not counted and just finished most the libs were saying hillary got the popular
vote but now trump does.
The 2 partys in controll and the news net works keep them out of debates and dont give them any time it locks them out from doing well its about controlling the money
hard to get the doners if you cant get the message out
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Gwion » 13 Nov 2016, 2:22 pm

Wrenchman; it's the same thing here. The two major parties (actually originally split branches of the same party!) both manage to convince the populace that they are the only options. It's a completely unworkable system. We have laws against cartels but our country is run by one. It seems your country is pretty much the same. The public debate argues two seperate aspects of the same argument and the end result of action is the same no matter who 'wins power'.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Title_II » 04 Dec 2016, 4:41 pm

Boo wrote:Yes, why would Trump want to interfere with the US/AU FTA? The balance is in their favour now, any change will more likely than not make US product more available and so cheaper here.

Yous guys keep sendin' us here dat Hogdon and ammo at 1/3 the price you sells to ya own people and everything gonna be just fine. Capiche? ;)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics