Shooters, Fishers & Farmers first lower house seat in NSW?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Shooters, Fishers & Farmers first lower house seat in NS

Post by RoginaJack » 04 Jun 2018, 8:15 pm

:lol: Good point, Oldbloke but I reckon he has his hands full there and won't have time to screw us... :mrgreen:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jun 2018, 8:28 pm

Do you have a Intrabum device? Not to be confused with a Intrauterine device. :thumbsup:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 05 Jun 2018, 3:23 pm

Ouch, think I'll sit on it for awhile....
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 10 Jun 2018, 9:49 am

Oldbloke wrote:" I asked for a SFFP sticker, they said they would mail one out, and nothing. they dont seem very productive in the correspondence side."

I just got my card. If my count is right, 7 weeks! :wtf:

Well, I'll be a monkeys uncle. Just found out its tax deductible.

I agree 7 weeks is far to long, in saying that, I am not sure where Victorian memberships are processed, I know Queensland ones are processed in Sydney, and are handled by volunteers, as the SFFP is a small party with limited resources, it might be worthwhile passing your concerns on to the SFFP Victorian branch, I would hope they respond and act accordingly.

We have experienced issues with the processing of memberships as well and have made our concerns known to the people in Sydney, while I can appreciate the workload of one or two volunteers, the system needs to be made more efficient, as a member of the QLD SFFP State committee and therefore a voice within the party, I will be mentioning this matter, as I have with other similar issues, to them, it needs improving.
Member-Deleted

Post by RoginaJack » 10 Jun 2018, 9:53 am

I don't think that the processing etc is just a SSFP problem. Another small party has this problem too. Please explain.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Jun 2018, 11:22 am

Member-Deleted wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:" I asked for a SFFP sticker, they said they would mail one out, and nothing. they dont seem very productive in the correspondence side."

I just got my card. If my count is right, 7 weeks! :wtf:

Well, I'll be a monkeys uncle. Just found out its tax deductible.

I agree 7 weeks is far to long, in saying that, I am not sure where Victorian memberships are processed,

A. The person I was talking to was in Melbourne.

I know Queensland ones are processed in Sydney, and are handled by volunteers, as the SFFP is a small party with limited .

A. I never gave that a thought. That would explain a lot. I was told there had also been an issue of their mail disappearing.

It might be worthwhile passing your concerns on to the SFFP Victorian branch,

A. I did to the person in Melbourne.

I didn't expect much, just a welcome letter and a receipt via email would have been great. Membership card could wait. But nothing for about 7 weeks!
Now you mention volunteers that sort of changes my view a fair bit. I'll take a wait and see position. Maybe rock up to a local meeting or two. That's if I get an invite!
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 10 Jun 2018, 7:31 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I agree 7 weeks is far to long, in saying that, I am not sure where Victorian memberships are processed,

A. The person I was talking to was in Melbourne.

I know Queensland ones are processed in Sydney, and are handled by volunteers, as the SFFP is a small party with limited .

A. I never gave that a thought. That would explain a lot. I was told there had also been an issue of their mail disappearing.

It might be worthwhile passing your concerns on to the SFFP Victorian branch,

A. I did to the person in Melbourne.

I didn't expect much, just a welcome letter and a receipt via email would have been great. Membership card could wait. But nothing for about 7 weeks!
Now you mention volunteers that sort of changes my view a fair bit. I'll take a wait and see position. Maybe rock up to a local meeting or two. That's if I get an invite![/quote]

Mate, don't wait for an invite to get involved, it is good to see you are keen and prepared to have input, this is what the party needs, :thumbsup: I am not sure what they are doing down there, you may have to get in touch with them and find out when the meetings are being held, one of the things a small party like the SFFP needs is member participation and feed back, your views and ideas are just as important as anyone else.

I am fairly confident any membership involvement and assistance would be most welcome, we have a long way to go and have a lot of room for improvement, but the small band of volunteers down there are a committed lot, the more people get involved, the more that can be achieved.
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics