Shooters, Fishers & Farmers first lower house seat in NSW?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Shooters, Fishers & Farmers first lower house seat in NSW?

Post by wade06 » 14 Nov 2016, 1:29 pm

The Orange byelection may give the SFF party their first NSW lower house seat (with preferences from Labor).
The NSW Nationals leader Troy Grant has resigned after a 35% primary vote swing against them.
Clearly guns aren't a major influence in this result but it's good to see the National Party be reminded that they are elected to support rural electorates. :clap:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/orange-byelection-shock-as-nsw-shooters-fisher-and-farmers-party-trumps-nationals-20161112-gsnzlk.html

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/troy-grant-to-stand-down-as-leader-of-nsw-nationals-after-orange-byelection-disaster-20161114-gsor4b.html
Walnut Lithgow La101 .22LR - Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42
Tikka T3 Lite .243W - Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42
wade06
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Shooters, Fishers & Farmers first lower house seat in NS

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Nov 2016, 2:00 pm

Yeah been watching Phils progress with interest, hopefully he can get over the line, will be close but with preferences should be doable I HOPE! I see Troy Grant is stepping down as the Nationals Leader as a result of this election.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gamerancher » 14 Nov 2016, 2:30 pm

Main issue was forced council amalgamations here in the most populous part of the seat. Big protest vote over that. Greyhound racing was another one that had a lot of locals p*ssed at the state government. Ray Hadley and Allan Jones came out to Orange for their radio show and stirred the pot.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Nov 2016, 7:48 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Main issue was forced council amalgamations here in the most populous part of the seat. Big protest vote over that. Greyhound racing was another one that had a lot of locals p*ssed at the state government. Ray Hadley and Allan Jones came out to Orange for their radio show and stirred the pot.

Bloody oath, we aren't at all happy about Council Mergers here either mate, people are over the BS and bully boy tactics these cretins are constantly trying on - I'd say Phils got this going by the figures I just read, he's around 120 votes in front and only 60 or so to be counted (Primary votes from memory) anyway hopefully he gets the gig, more pro firearms pollies we have the better, maybe then we can get some common sense back into the argument instead of this onesided BS f*** fest we've had to endure over the years. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Boo » 15 Nov 2016, 8:27 am

The National Party has become largely irrelevant hasn't it? They had one chance to define themselves and that was to stand up for shooters, instead they seem to have lost their identity by apparently becoming a branch of the Liberal Party.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Nov 2016, 8:38 am

Boo wrote:The National Party has become largely irrelevant hasn't it? They had one chance to define themselves and that was to stand up for shooters, instead they seem to have lost their identity by apparently becoming a branch of the Liberal Party.

That's all I see them as too, might as well not exist and if they keep the same crap up that's exactly what will happen I reckon!
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by wade06 » 15 Nov 2016, 10:13 am

Boo, while plenty of people on this forum would vote for a party supporting gun rights the majority of gun owners are probably farmers who have a shotgun, a centrefire and maybe a couple of 22s. Every farmer I know is more concerned about issues relating to rural areas then they are about gun laws. To be honest pushing gun rights isn't going to be a big vote winner for any major party and may even lose them votes. (SFF polled 1.4% federally in the senate)

That said, it would be good to see SFF win the seat and shake things up :-)
Walnut Lithgow La101 .22LR - Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42
Tikka T3 Lite .243W - Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42
wade06
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 15 Nov 2016, 2:48 pm

Be nice to have another SFF member in NSW I hope he gets over the line.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Nov 2016, 2:52 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:Be nice to have another SFF member in NSW I hope he gets over the line.

Bloody oath it would be nice, more the merrier I reckon. The major parties are on the nose all over the world it seems, people are wanting a fresh change of ideas and new directions not the same ol same ol bulls**t and lies and a bill at the end of it.

It remains to be seen if it will ever happen or we get the Dupoly for ever in a day but at least Phils effort has given the bastards a bit of a wake up call and stirred the pot and shown them people are fed up with the way they are being bullied and lied too all the time, we want our lives back in our control not their f***ing control like it is! :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Boo » 15 Nov 2016, 3:02 pm

A vague support for 'shooter's rights' is not going to get a political party very far, I agree, although I suspect that the vast majority of the real anti gunners live in the big cities. I live in a medium sized country town where gun sports are treated by the media as just another sport and there is no apparent anti gun group. What could be done politically is to emphasise the sporting side of gun ownership and how diverse it can be and how it caters for families and those who, due to physical disabilities, are very limited as to what they can do. That sort of approach would make it difficult to for the anti gunners to oppose.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Nov 2016, 3:06 pm

Boo wrote:A vague support for 'shooter's rights' is not going to get a political party very far, I agree, although I suspect that the vast majority of the real anti gunners live in the big cities. I live in a medium sized country town where gun sports are treated by the media as just another sport and there is no apparent anti gun group. What could be done politically is to emphasise the sporting side of gun ownership and how diverse it can be and how it caters for families and those who, due to physical disabilities, are very limited as to what they can do. That sort of approach would make it difficult to for the anti gunners to oppose.

Who are you talking about there mate?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 15 Nov 2016, 3:14 pm

My only whinge about the SFF is they should stay out of federal politics for a while, they nearly cost Leyonjelm his seat by dividing the shooters votes in the Federal election, gun laws are a state issue they should focus on state politics.
That said opinions are like assholes we all have them.

I don't think the bastards from the duopoly will ever wake up until they are voted out, state elections for me go to the SFF and federal goes to LDP with SFF at number 2.

I thought Troy Grant was ok for shooters there are other nationals we would have been better of losing , listen to what he said around 1 min 10 sec in this video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXLxKX8RgQ
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Rocker » 17 Nov 2016, 10:59 am

Baronvonrort wrote:I don't think the bastards from the duopoly will ever wake up until they are voted out

Yep :thumbsdown:
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 17 Nov 2016, 9:16 pm

And this is the idiot we have to put up with -

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/1 ... oters-deal

Somehow I just don't feel comfortable if I had a concern and taking it to this Politician.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Boo » 18 Nov 2016, 8:22 am

Guns are an easy target for those politicians who don't actually do anything constructive, like some Education Ministers. Takes attention away from their failings.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Wylie27 » 18 Nov 2016, 5:58 pm

SFFP have just announced that they have been told unofficially they have won the seat of Orange. Announcement at 10am Monday!

We have a representative in the lower house! #drainmikebairdswamp!!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Nov 2016, 6:31 pm

Announcement Monday???

Official according the NSW electoral website;

https://results.elections.nsw.gov.au/SB ... eport.html

DONATO Philip 11487 40 11527 186 11713 148 11861 391 12252 1287 13539 5058 18597 Elected

[those numbers as they increase toward the 18597 represent the preference distributions..]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Wylie27 » 18 Nov 2016, 7:04 pm

Interesting the SFFP have said they electoral commission will announce it on Monday.

Either way it's done!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 18 Nov 2016, 7:50 pm

The nationals have appealed and the electoral commission has granted a recount...
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Nov 2016, 8:55 pm

No doubt there will be some sort a appeal by the Nats for a recount, hope they get told to go farkemselves. This country is crying out for a different direction and this is a small step in it hopefully.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Nov 2016, 8:58 pm

Bring back Don Chip.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 18 Nov 2016, 9:18 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Bring back Don Chip.

may have to use voodo, been dead for ten years, still would be a better pollie than most of them :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Nov 2016, 5:51 am

The Nationals asked for a recount - shock horror

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com.au/s ... nt/?cs=102
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Nov 2016, 4:29 pm

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by tom604 » 21 Nov 2016, 6:11 pm

50 votes :thumbsup: what a massive swing and what a great result :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 21 Nov 2016, 6:47 pm

Winning by 50 votes just proves how much your vote counts.

Is that now 7 members of the SFF party elected by the people of Australia?
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 21 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm

Baron yes that's right 7 member around the country
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Nov 2016, 8:12 pm

Doesnt matter if its 1 vote or 50 votes.... its a win the same...

thats 2upper house in each of WA, VIC and NSW, plus Orange being the first lower house seat... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is a huge wake up call to the big 2... libs/nats and labs, plus the third, the reds...I means the greens...

The message is that 'we' are starting to see through the BS, and 'we' are going to vote for the alternative that is not leftist progressive....but more ... a lot more to the right. For a lot of people the libs, nats, Labs nor the greens are the choice....

The future may just be the SFFP for the shooters and ON for the rest (and shooters)....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 29 May 2018, 8:34 pm

So, after 30 years membership tired of the SSAA lack of action and visibility. So back on the 14th of April I decided to join the Shooters Fishers Farmers Party when I attended a firearms show in Melbourne.

Three phone calls later and promises and promises I'm still yet to receive any correspondence just simply one email asking for more donations. No letter welcoming me, nor a card. Oh, whilst asking about a membership card (yep, it's in the mail :allegedly: ) a suggestion I should join their face ache page.

I have to say I'm far from impressed. Just plain disappointed. Now looking like a waste of money.

What has been other members experience?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by darwindingo » 29 May 2018, 9:20 pm

Oldbloke wrote:So, after 30 years membership tired of the SSAA lack of action and visibility. So back on the 14th of April I decided to join the Shooters Fishers Farmers Party when I attended a firearms show in Melbourne.

Three phone calls later and promises and promises I'm still yet to receive any correspondence just simply one email asking for more donations. No letter welcoming me, nor a card. Oh, whilst asking about a membership card (yep, it's in the mail :allegedly: ) a suggestion I should join their face ache page.

I have to say I'm far from impressed. Just plain disappointed. Now looking like a waste of money.

What has been other members experience?

Reminds me of Asters post about the face ache promotion last year when face smash offered the increase budget and duration option..

"Add $10.00 and 1 more day for the total reach increase of 0-0 people".. :lol:

It seems more and more these days ya get what ya pay for :sarcasm: :lol:

:drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics