Maybe the message is finally getting through huh

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Maybe the message is finally getting through huh

Post by bigfellascott » 22 Nov 2016, 4:49 am

A couple of Nationals Senators crossed the floor and supported Lyonhelms call to end the Adler Ban - Good on you Bridgette, we need pollies that can actually voice their opinions and not just be a puppet for the political party they are a part of, if they think something is wrong they should be bloody well allowed to say so without fear or reprisal. :thumbsup:

Perhaps she should be the leader of the Nats? she's got bigger balls that the last one at least! and I get the feeling the latest one's going to turn out to be a lap dog to, just another yes minister player I would think but time will tell I guess.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... hotgun-ban
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Maybe the message is finally getting through huh

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Nov 2016, 8:06 am

When Liberal senators entered the chamber to vote they looked surprised to see McKenzie and Williams on the other side of the chamber

Get used to it Libtards....with the recent 'Orangelution' I suspect the floor wont be too wide to cross anymore for the Nats.... if they want to keep their seat next time around.

If only ALL members considers voting matters on their merits, logic, rationale, then they would all have voted to roll the import ban, if only for the fact that the Adler is LEGAL once it crosses the frontier...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Nov 2016, 6:38 pm

That's great news.
From little things big things grow.

Thanks for sharing
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sam45 » 22 Nov 2016, 6:53 pm

Great news indeed. Shame about the one nation ass hats!
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Nov 2016, 10:16 pm

Diversity is good in parliament.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Nov 2016, 10:57 pm

There I was thinking that One Nation might support our rights and perhaps help us out. :lol:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Wylie27 » 23 Nov 2016, 6:50 am

Hey crossed a floor on a vote they knew they would lose and now the community shooting is losing their s**t over what senator Mackenzie has done. So she looks like a supporter and the Nationals are relevant....

Don't forget she sold us ALL out about a month ago.

If there was a real change within the nats then all of them would have walked the floor..

It was a staged managed event
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 23 Nov 2016, 11:34 am

Sam45 wrote:Great news indeed. Shame about the one nation ass hats!

Shame about what?

Back in the post PAM days, when the media whipped up the public emotion with the accompanying rarely seen parliamentary Bi-partisan support for the Ass-hattery represented by the 96 gun laws and 'buy back'.... there were NOT many dissenting voicing in Parliament....

Pauline Hanson was one.

The Ass Hats fill all the seats around one nation - and I look forward the the next QLD state election when THEIR Parliament will be filled with similar Ass hats :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 23 Nov 2016, 2:54 pm

It was a staged managed event

I agree.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Boo » 23 Nov 2016, 5:44 pm

You can bet that if One Nation show any indication of supporting gun owners there will be screams from our Lefty media, if ON can win seats without that sort of publicity then there is no reason for them to overtly do that. Too many Australians believe in the mainstream media, politically we are a pretty immature country.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Tiger650 » 26 Nov 2016, 8:29 pm

You can bet that if One Nation show any indication of supporting gun owners there will be screams from our Lefty media, if ON can win seats without that sort of publicity then there is no reason for them to overtly do that. Too many Australians believe in the mainstream media, politically we are a pretty immature country.

Astute comment Boo.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 27 Nov 2016, 9:14 am

Concerning the 'crossing the floor' episode;

Nationals leader and Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce was relaxed about the split on Tuesday, saying "the National Party is its own party" which believes in the freedom of the individual.

I'll just note that one down for future reference....unless the belief extends only to their parliamentary members...

--------------

The Nationals' Chief Whip in the lower house, George Christensen;

......"The ongoing import ban on the Adler A110 is something our rank and file supporters are opposed to and our Nationals MPs and senators have been at pains to get the government to address."

2 or 3 senators.... ust proves the 'will' of the people, and their representation in parliament are so detached...

---------------

West Australian Liberal MP Ian Goodenough, who also supports overturning the ban, agreed that frustration was a factor in the Nationals insurrection, which he said he backed.

"I have had conversations with Senators McKenzie and Williams – they have a good understanding of firearms and are frustrated that their colleagues do not comprehend the absurdity of refusing to classify the Adler."

refusing to classify the Adler?? WTF? he obviously doesnt have an understanding, conflating the import prohibition with the NFA fiasco... So do the Nats want the import...or the Re-cat?? Not good enough.....Ian.

and...

Mr Goodenough said state police ministers should have reclassified the Adler shotgun into Category B, which makes it somewhat difficult to obtain. He said similar lever-action shotguns and rifles had already been classified in this way.

To say there is a lack of understanding BY OUR LAWMAKERS... would be a huge understatement..

They actually believe that making that making it cat B... from the current Cat A would somehow change this fantasy of a murder weapon gun into something a bit less 'dangerous to the fabric of society...' and less of a "terrorist threat" ????

Do you actually believe Cat A = easy to obtain Cat B = somehow more difficult??

The difference is filling out an extra line, a few words, in the form, nothing more, nothing less... its the fact that it is totally unnecessary change.

triple FACEPALM comment;
Independent Tasmanian senator Jacqui Lambie said allowing the Adler shotgun to be imported into Australia would be a "terrorists' wet dream".

What can you say to that??
I note however that the Adlers are Turkish, and the turks have been arming countless thousands of ihadist-terrorists in Syria, Iraq, surrounding nations as well as a few 'appearances' in western Europe... and try as I might, I cant seem to find a single image of one of those individuals holding/wielding/using.... an Adler...not even a shotgun...

A report prepared last month by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission says Australia's 816,00 firearms licence holders own 2.89 million guns between them.

There you have it.... all issues related to firearms come back to the LICENCE HOLDERS.....It is NOT however these licence holders the MPs and the law enforcement agencies need to worry about... it is the UNlicenced firearm owner....

But as we know, that particular issue is a lot more difficult to manage than the licensed owners, with registered firearms.. safely locked up in safe with nationally recorded locations...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... sueqe.html
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 27 Nov 2016, 9:38 am

on_one_wheel wrote:There I was thinking that One Nation might support our rights and perhaps help us out. :lol:

Customs (Prohibited Imports) Amendment (Shotguns and Shotgun Magazines) Regulation 2016
Disallowance VOTE;

Ayes ...................... 7
Noes ...................... 45
Majority ................. 38

AYES
Burston, B <--------------One Nation
Culleton, RN <--------------One Nation
Hanson, P <--------------One Nation
Leyonhjelm, DE (teller)
McKenzie, B
Roberts, M <--------------One Nation
Williams, JR

If 100% of the one nation party voting 'with us' isn't helping out then I don't know what is :unknown:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by nightpusher1 » 28 Nov 2016, 1:57 pm

Tiger650 wrote:You can bet that if One Nation show any indication of supporting gun owners there will be screams from our Lefty media, if ON can win seats without that sort of publicity then there is no reason for them to overtly do that. Too many Australians believe in the mainstream media, politically we are a pretty immature country.

Astute comment Boo.

Agreed - very astute .
nightpusher1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 28 Nov 2016, 5:28 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:There I was thinking that One Nation might support our rights and perhaps help us out. :lol:

Customs (Prohibited Imports) Amendment (Shotguns and Shotgun Magazines) Regulation 2016
Disallowance VOTE;

Ayes ...................... 7
Noes ...................... 45
Majority ................. 38

AYES
Burston, B <--------------One Nation
Culleton, RN <--------------One Nation
Hanson, P <--------------One Nation
Leyonhjelm, DE (teller)
McKenzie, B
Roberts, M <--------------One Nation
Williams, JR

If 100% of the one nation party voting 'with us' isn't helping out then I don't know what is :unknown:

I thought that I read One Nation didn't support dropping the ban.

My bad .. thanks for clearing that up.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Nov 2016, 7:29 pm

:thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Boo » 29 Nov 2016, 12:41 pm

Great info on-one-wheel, thanks. So there we go, ON supporting gun owners without making a noise about it. Or perhaps they did make some noise and were not reported lol.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics