Adler ban can be stopped!

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Adler ban can be stopped!

Post by Gun-nut » 14 Dec 2016, 5:58 pm

Queensland's LNP Opposition Leader is considering blocking the reclassification of lever action firearms. If he stops the ban from getting through in QLD, then it can't be passed through the other states also. Email him and show your support (even if your not in QLD, just pretend you are) and say you will vote for him in the next state election if he blocks the NFA proposals (you don't actually have to, and its probably good if you don't, just give the illusion you will).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-13/a ... tenews_qld
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Adler ban can be stopped!

Post by happyhunter » 14 Dec 2016, 6:44 pm

I don't even like lever guns and don't live in QLD, but will write this bloke a letter if that has a chance of stopping the ban. Any Ban is bad for us all.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Sam45 » 14 Dec 2016, 7:01 pm

happyhunter wrote:I don't even like lever guns and don't live in QLD, but will write this bloke a letter if that has a chance of stopping the ban. Any Ban is bad for us all.

This is how we stand united :drinks:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 14 Dec 2016, 7:22 pm

G'day Gun-nut,
Each State is entitled to make it's own laws, and the re-classification is a State issue. If Qld do not change to Cat B for 5 shot and Cat D for 7 shot it will not change one iota what other States may do. We already see that in Victoria with the R8 etc. As for the import restriction on 7 shot, that is a Federal issue, and what the States do won't alter that. We can support our Qld friends by encouraging the LNP to act, and I hope we do, but unless someone here also steps up to the mark and confronts Andrews and his cronies the law will pass, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 Dec 2016, 7:38 pm

Emailed: reception@opposition.qld.gov.au

Tim Nicholls - intelligent opposition at last.

Hi Tim :-)
I just saw an article where you voiced some intelligent concerns about the Adler ban.
It’s so refreshing to finally see somebody using their brain in this matter!
There are already perhaps ten-thousand Adlers in the hands of the Australian public, shooters holding only A and B class licences, and so far I’m not aware of a single incident of community safety involving these “weapons” of mass destruction. I believe one was taken from a criminal recently, however I’m not aware of it actually having been used in criminal activity, and I don’t know if it was legally owned.
I wanted to express my gratitude for your voicing an intelligent opinion rather than simply jumping on the GCA bandwagon, well done.
I really hope we can fix this mess that our firearms laws have become.
Thank you for your efforts, and your support of Australian Shooters.
Be safe,
Larry
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 14 Dec 2016, 7:45 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day Gun-nut,
Each State is entitled to make it's own laws, and the re-classification is a State issue. If Qld do not change to Cat B for 5 shot and Cat D for 7 shot it will not change one iota what other States may do. We already see that in Victoria with the R8 etc. As for the import restriction on 7 shot, that is a Federal issue, and what the States do won't alter that. We can support our Qld friends by encouraging the LNP to act, and I hope we do, but unless someone here also steps up to the mark and confronts Andrews and his cronies the law will pass, Cheers.

Sounds about right, I had thought that all states had to pass legislation for it to become law. Either way, if this means that it will only effect Queenslanders, we all need to stand together, fight and help them out as you said.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 15 Dec 2016, 6:48 am

Make sure you get some friends on board and that they do as well. Consider asking if you can leave a few hundred flyers at ranges with the email, telephone, and mail address to contact. If people need to contact their own representatives (doesn't sound like it?) include contact info for local areas. Include a very brief set of instructions on what to do and say (three lines or less).

We only get one shot at this, everybody put in a modest 15 minutes and convince others to do the same. If we manage a win on this one it will raise some eyelids and support the cause overall.

Happy Hunting, Mates.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by redrum » 15 Dec 2016, 10:24 am

happyhunter wrote:Any Ban is bad for us all.

Yep, as soon as they ban one they'll be onto the next.
Good news, everyone!
- Hubert J. Farnsworth
redrum
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Mango bill » 17 Dec 2016, 3:37 pm

I sense that we are getting through.
I received an email from Tim Nichols this morning asking my opinion, which I was more than happy to provide.
I've certainly had plenty to say to our politicians on this matter but he and Bridget McKenzie are the only ones that have responded with a meaningful reply so far.
Mango bill
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 17 Dec 2016, 4:10 pm

Mango bill wrote:I sense that we are getting through.
I received an email from Tim Nichols this morning asking my opinion, which I was more than happy to provide.
I've certainly had plenty to say to our politicians on this matter but he and Bridget McKenzie are the only ones that have responded with a meaningful reply so far.

Yep, I got a personal response from his office as well.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 17 Dec 2016, 4:20 pm

We are making a difference, that's for sure. There are more shooters now then before 1996, and more of these shooters are becoming politically active and fighting for our rights. We're not there yet, but we're becoming unified. Soon the antis won't stand a chance.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sam45 » 18 Dec 2016, 10:56 am

We will get there and eventually be fully united and the fudds, well they can go and hand their stuff back.Together on all fronts no matter your discipline, if you own a firearm, stand. :thumbsup:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by BluEsky » 05 Feb 2017, 1:58 pm

Is the whole fiasco at best an indication of the lamentably poor knowledge and understanding of the issues by politicians, or it is a knee- jerk reaction on behalf a vocal minority who seem to have the ear of the Government? :roll: in any case...
Attachments
960413880e0172d242e7476f7b8bb6d8.jpg
now the advice is
960413880e0172d242e7476f7b8bb6d8.jpg (57.96 KiB) Viewed 6941 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Ken » 06 Feb 2017, 8:57 am

BluEsky wrote:Is the whole fiasco at best an indication of the lamentably poor knowledge and understanding of the issues by politicians, or it is a knee- jerk reaction on behalf a vocal minority who seem to have the ear of the Government? :roll: in any case...

All of the above.

Same shotgun we've had for 100 years. Someone notices one in black one day and gets a 'bad feeling' in they fuzzy little stomach then unleashes the whining.
Whatever you do, don't look at the mayonnaise...
Ken
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by BluEsky » 06 Feb 2017, 11:12 am

Ken, Batman and Mr Spock think alike. :o :D

:o
Attachments
adler spock.jpg
adler spock.jpg (49.26 KiB) Viewed 6891 times
Last edited by BluEsky on 17 Feb 2017, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by albat » 06 Feb 2017, 7:20 pm

https://youtu.be/uSxJ7Pr3TR8 listen to this interview on how to cast your vote effectively next time you get in the booth
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Seik » 10 Feb 2017, 10:30 am

happyhunter wrote:I don't even like lever guns and don't live in QLD, but will write this bloke a letter if that has a chance of stopping the ban. Any Ban is bad for us all.

That's the spirit :thumbsup:
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by BluEsky » 10 Feb 2017, 12:41 pm

Seik I think this sums up almost every ones thoughts on the Adler Ban? :? ;)

:D
Attachments
bcd04c51539705dc7de4fcb1cb4243a9.jpg
bcd04c51539705dc7de4fcb1cb4243a9.jpg (29.19 KiB) Viewed 6793 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by sandgroperbill » 10 Feb 2017, 9:49 pm

Update: On the 10th of February 2017 we were advised by Police Licensing Services that changes to state legislation has already taken place, changing the categories of lever action shotguns in Western Australia. Shotguns with a magazine capacity of 5 or less are a category B – more than 5 are category D.

Source: http://www.beatonfirearms.com.au/post_blog/shots-fired/
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 11 Feb 2017, 3:53 am

So ridiculous. But we know what they are up to.

Everybody call a representative and be sure to take a neighbor shooting if they don't already.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 Feb 2017, 9:33 am

sandgroperbill wrote:Update: On the 10th of February 2017 we were advised by Police Licensing Services that changes to state legislation has already taken place, changing the categories of lever action shotguns in Western Australia. Shotguns with a magazine capacity of 5 or less are a category B – more than 5 are category D.

Source: http://www.beatonfirearms.com.au/post_blog/shots-fired/

CONFIRMED.

In WA the category comes under the regs, so no assent, no debate...I would have thought a RIS????

OLD regs:

A3.3 a repeating shotgun (lever or bolt action)

NEW regs;

"As at 04 Feb 2017" https://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/s ... epage.html

A3.3 a repeating shotgun (bolt action)
B2.4 a repeating shotgun (lever action) with a magazine capacity of no more than 5 rounds
D5.1 a repeating shotgun (lever action) with a magazine capacity more than 5 rounds

There you have it!
anyone in WA, with a 6 round Adler, is right now subject to the SAME penalties of possessing an AR15!

What the %&#$ has this country come to.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by BluEsky » 11 Feb 2017, 11:19 am

Another example of being governed by un-elected bureaucrats, :twisted: and with an WA and QLD. election not far off, show them at the ballot box, who knows what is possible! ;)

;) :D
Attachments
13669212_10205072330487704_713635575755970023_n.jpg
13669212_10205072330487704_713635575755970023_n.jpg (17.32 KiB) Viewed 6789 times
Last edited by BluEsky on 17 Feb 2017, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gun-nut » 16 Feb 2017, 9:22 pm

lmao, funny (not really) how they pass it in WA even though bolt action shotguns with a mag capacity of over 5 rounds are still considered CAT A...
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by BluEsky » 17 Feb 2017, 12:16 pm

:? Now I am having a very hard time and No matter how hard I try, I just can Not explain the Adler Lever action ban to a lot of Cowboys in the States, without them all falling about in unbridled Laughter! :o :D Now tell me again, Who did this and Why? :roll:

:D ..
Attachments
cowboy_corral.jpg
cowboy_corral.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 6734 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by BluEsky » 20 Feb 2017, 9:08 pm

:crazy: The Lever Action Ban? :shock:
Attachments
art-abbott2-620x349.jpg
art-abbott2-620x349.jpg (32.82 KiB) Viewed 6709 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by BluEsky » 23 Feb 2017, 8:35 am

:shock: :o .. Is this the result of having to have just One treatment? :crazy: :?

:oops: :oops: ..
Attachments
12741894_543517062492227_1823550359278893902_n.jpg
12741894_543517062492227_1823550359278893902_n.jpg (156.41 KiB) Viewed 6687 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bangstick308 » 16 Mar 2017, 5:11 pm

Rather wish we all had that great attitude and foresight pre 96, then we'd not be in the mess we're in now. Let us all go in this direction, it's the way the yanks think.
Bangstick308
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Post by wrenchman » 17 Mar 2017, 7:12 am

i just seen that the adler 110 was at show and was very well reseaved if they start to market them here maybe we can bring the price down for you guys if it tryes to compeat with pumps in price
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 17 Mar 2017, 8:19 am

Bless your socks wrenchie....You know we lov ya...

Oh yeah, the Adler.... I can't see you guy buying more than a small proportion of the collectors in the USA..... in your market its a skinny nutra-sweet decaf.. aka a 'why bother'....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by wrenchman » 17 Mar 2017, 8:40 am

henry said they are also comeing out with one to in 12 and 20 it will be some what populer in the easter states were the 3030 is hunted with alot.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics