Adler ban can be stopped!

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Adler ban can be stopped!

Post by bladeracer » 17 Mar 2017, 11:28 am

Title_II wrote:It's kind of obscure as far as These States are concerned, but there is a use for those type of shotguns in The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

We are not allowed to carry loaded long guns in the car (long story). That applies to barrel over 16" rifle, shotgun over 18", and an overall length. So Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs), Short Barreled Shotguns (SBS), and especially AOWs ($5 transfer) are quite popular here. That looks like it would most likely be an AOW or perhaps even not NFA at all but still qualify to be loaded in the car.

There are "shotguns" with barrels shorter than 18" that do not require NFA transfer because they wee born without a stock, and therefore do not fit the definition of "shotgun," and exceed the minimum size requirement for AOW.

Who came up with all this nonsense? LOL

I'm glad you posted this Title, I've often wondered why anybody would want the SBR's I see so often on Youtube. Always seemed like a totally pointless wasted effort, but now I see that there may actually be some reason for them :-)
Next, is there any reason at all for the AR/AK "pistols" that seem to be the current fashion?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 17 Mar 2017, 11:55 am

bladeracer wrote:
Title_II wrote:It's kind of obscure as far as These States are concerned, but there is a use for those type of shotguns in The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

We are not allowed to carry loaded long guns in the car (long story). That applies to barrel over 16" rifle, shotgun over 18", and an overall length. So Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs), Short Barreled Shotguns (SBS), and especially AOWs ($5 transfer) are quite popular here. That looks like it would most likely be an AOW or perhaps even not NFA at all but still qualify to be loaded in the car.

There are "shotguns" with barrels shorter than 18" that do not require NFA transfer because they wee born without a stock, and therefore do not fit the definition of "shotgun," and exceed the minimum size requirement for AOW.

Who came up with all this nonsense? LOL

I'm glad you posted this Title, I've often wondered why anybody would want the SBR's I see so often on Youtube. Always seemed like a totally pointless wasted effort, but now I see that there may actually be some reason for them :-)
Next, is there any reason at all for the AR/AK "pistols" that seem to be the current fashion?

They could serve the same purpose, but would do so poorly. They are a novelty. Just toys. Come to think of it, maybe that means the Adler will catch on :) The reason is people are cheap and don't want to spend the $200 to build or transfer an SBR. Or they think it is a neat toy.

SBRs also work well inside buildings or cars, don't become unwieldy when silencers are added, and people think they are cool. I have an 11.5" heavy barrel upper for my M16 but it is really just a sacrificial beater for doing BETA dumps. The thing is loud as heck without a silencer. Lots of cool sparks, though :D
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 17 Mar 2017, 12:12 pm

Oh, and SBRs shoot through body armor. SMGs usually don't. And when they do, they are "meh." One of the reasons SMGs have fallen out of favor. They are still fun, though :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics