Adler ban can be stopped!

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Adler ban can be stopped!

Post by sandgroperbill » 10 Feb 2017, 9:49 pm

Update: On the 10th of February 2017 we were advised by Police Licensing Services that changes to state legislation has already taken place, changing the categories of lever action shotguns in Western Australia. Shotguns with a magazine capacity of 5 or less are a category B – more than 5 are category D.

Source: http://www.beatonfirearms.com.au/post_blog/shots-fired/
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 11 Feb 2017, 3:53 am

So ridiculous. But we know what they are up to.

Everybody call a representative and be sure to take a neighbor shooting if they don't already.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 Feb 2017, 9:33 am

sandgroperbill wrote:Update: On the 10th of February 2017 we were advised by Police Licensing Services that changes to state legislation has already taken place, changing the categories of lever action shotguns in Western Australia. Shotguns with a magazine capacity of 5 or less are a category B – more than 5 are category D.

Source: http://www.beatonfirearms.com.au/post_blog/shots-fired/

CONFIRMED.

In WA the category comes under the regs, so no assent, no debate...I would have thought a RIS????

OLD regs:

A3.3 a repeating shotgun (lever or bolt action)

NEW regs;

"As at 04 Feb 2017" https://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/s ... epage.html

A3.3 a repeating shotgun (bolt action)
B2.4 a repeating shotgun (lever action) with a magazine capacity of no more than 5 rounds
D5.1 a repeating shotgun (lever action) with a magazine capacity more than 5 rounds

There you have it!
anyone in WA, with a 6 round Adler, is right now subject to the SAME penalties of possessing an AR15!

What the %&#$ has this country come to.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by BluEsky » 11 Feb 2017, 11:19 am

Another example of being governed by un-elected bureaucrats, :twisted: and with an WA and QLD. election not far off, show them at the ballot box, who knows what is possible! ;)

;) :D
Attachments
13669212_10205072330487704_713635575755970023_n.jpg
13669212_10205072330487704_713635575755970023_n.jpg (17.32 KiB) Viewed 6824 times
Last edited by BluEsky on 17 Feb 2017, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gun-nut » 16 Feb 2017, 9:22 pm

lmao, funny (not really) how they pass it in WA even though bolt action shotguns with a mag capacity of over 5 rounds are still considered CAT A...
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by BluEsky » 17 Feb 2017, 12:16 pm

:? Now I am having a very hard time and No matter how hard I try, I just can Not explain the Adler Lever action ban to a lot of Cowboys in the States, without them all falling about in unbridled Laughter! :o :D Now tell me again, Who did this and Why? :roll:

:D ..
Attachments
cowboy_corral.jpg
cowboy_corral.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 6769 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by BluEsky » 20 Feb 2017, 9:08 pm

:crazy: The Lever Action Ban? :shock:
Attachments
art-abbott2-620x349.jpg
art-abbott2-620x349.jpg (32.82 KiB) Viewed 6744 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by BluEsky » 23 Feb 2017, 8:35 am

:shock: :o .. Is this the result of having to have just One treatment? :crazy: :?

:oops: :oops: ..
Attachments
12741894_543517062492227_1823550359278893902_n.jpg
12741894_543517062492227_1823550359278893902_n.jpg (156.41 KiB) Viewed 6722 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bangstick308 » 16 Mar 2017, 5:11 pm

happyhunter wrote:I don't even like lever guns and don't live in QLD, but will write this bloke a letter if that has a chance of stopping the ban. Any Ban is bad for us all.

Rather wish we all had that great attitude and foresight pre 96, then we'd not be in the mess we're in now. Let us all go in this direction, it's the way the yanks think.
Bangstick308
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Post by wrenchman » 17 Mar 2017, 7:12 am

i just seen that the adler 110 was at show and was very well reseaved if they start to market them here maybe we can bring the price down for you guys if it tryes to compeat with pumps in price
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 17 Mar 2017, 8:19 am

Bless your socks wrenchie....You know we lov ya...

Oh yeah, the Adler.... I can't see you guy buying more than a small proportion of the collectors in the USA..... in your market its a skinny nutra-sweet decaf.. aka a 'why bother'....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by wrenchman » 17 Mar 2017, 8:40 am

henry said they are also comeing out with one to in 12 and 20 it will be some what populer in the easter states were the 3030 is hunted with alot.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 17 Mar 2017, 9:40 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Bless your socks wrenchie....You know we lov ya...

Oh yeah, the Adler.... I can't see you guy buying more than a small proportion of the collectors in the USA..... in your market its a skinny nutra-sweet decaf.. aka a 'why bother'....

I agree. We have pumps cheaper than any gun you've ever bought and they are high quality for what they are. The Adler would only be purchased as a novelty. I like lever guns but have no interest in a lever shotgun. I use autos, most use pumps, skeet shooters use over/under, turkey hunters use rifle/shotgun combo gun. I've never seen somebody holding a lever shotgun.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 17 Mar 2017, 9:45 am

Title_II wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:Bless your socks wrenchie....You know we lov ya...

I agree. We have pumps cheaper than any gun you've ever bought and they are high quality for what they are. The Adler would only be purchased as a novelty. I like lever guns but have no interest in a lever shotgun. I use autos, most use pumps, skeet shooters use over/under, turkey hunters use rifle/shotgun combo gun. I've never seen somebody holding a lever shotgun.

I only have one shotgun. Mossberg 9200 auto with 18" barrel. I leave it in the kitchen for my family (they are shotgun people from Jersey, barf). I won't take it for sporting clays but when my friends bring out a box of clays and a launcher it actually does OK.

EDIT: Oops, I tried to edit and quoted myself.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wrenchman » 17 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

this was one of the guns at shot show i am not a fan of shot guns like this aint good for much
Attachments
adler-arms-a110-ahsap-kisa-alttan-kurmali-av-tufegi.png
adler-arms-a110-ahsap-kisa-alttan-kurmali-av-tufegi.png (225.23 KiB) Viewed 3752 times
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by duncan61 » 17 Mar 2017, 10:37 am

Squirrel gun
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 17 Mar 2017, 10:43 am

It's kind of obscure as far as These States are concerned, but there is a use for those type of shotguns in The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

We are not allowed to carry loaded long guns in the car (long story). That applies to barrel over 16" rifle, shotgun over 18", and an overall length. So Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs), Short Barreled Shotguns (SBS), and especially AOWs ($5 transfer) are quite popular here. That looks like it would most likely be an AOW or perhaps even not NFA at all but still qualify to be loaded in the car.

There are "shotguns" with barrels shorter than 18" that do not require NFA transfer because they wee born without a stock, and therefore do not fit the definition of "shotgun," and exceed the minimum size requirement for AOW.

Who came up with all this nonsense? LOL
Last edited by Title_II on 17 Mar 2017, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 17 Mar 2017, 10:43 am

duncan61 wrote:Squirrel gun

Apex gun.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bladeracer » 17 Mar 2017, 11:28 am

Title_II wrote:It's kind of obscure as far as These States are concerned, but there is a use for those type of shotguns in The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

We are not allowed to carry loaded long guns in the car (long story). That applies to barrel over 16" rifle, shotgun over 18", and an overall length. So Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs), Short Barreled Shotguns (SBS), and especially AOWs ($5 transfer) are quite popular here. That looks like it would most likely be an AOW or perhaps even not NFA at all but still qualify to be loaded in the car.

There are "shotguns" with barrels shorter than 18" that do not require NFA transfer because they wee born without a stock, and therefore do not fit the definition of "shotgun," and exceed the minimum size requirement for AOW.

I'm glad you posted this Title, I've often wondered why anybody would want the SBR's I see so often on Youtube. Always seemed like a totally pointless wasted effort, but now I see that there may actually be some reason for them :-)
Next, is there any reason at all for the AR/AK "pistols" that seem to be the current fashion?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 17 Mar 2017, 11:55 am

bladeracer wrote:
Title_II wrote:It's kind of obscure as far as These States are concerned, but there is a use for those type of shotguns in The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

I'm glad you posted this Title, I've often wondered why anybody would want the SBR's I see so often on Youtube. Always seemed like a totally pointless wasted effort, but now I see that there may actually be some reason for them :-)
Next, is there any reason at all for the AR/AK "pistols" that seem to be the current fashion?

They could serve the same purpose, but would do so poorly. They are a novelty. Just toys. Come to think of it, maybe that means the Adler will catch on :) The reason is people are cheap and don't want to spend the $200 to build or transfer an SBR. Or they think it is a neat toy.

SBRs also work well inside buildings or cars, don't become unwieldy when silencers are added, and people think they are cool. I have an 11.5" heavy barrel upper for my M16 but it is really just a sacrificial beater for doing BETA dumps. The thing is loud as heck without a silencer. Lots of cool sparks, though :D
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 17 Mar 2017, 12:12 pm

Oh, and SBRs shoot through body armor. SMGs usually don't. And when they do, they are "meh." One of the reasons SMGs have fallen out of favor. They are still fun, though :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics