The New iPhone Gun

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

The New iPhone Gun

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jan 2017, 5:50 am

Very Clever - never ceases to amaze me what people come up with.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business ... 7127fb4afe
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: The New iPhone Gun

Post by Mongrel » 19 Jan 2017, 6:05 am

Scary the way were going, but so clever
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by happyhunter » 19 Jan 2017, 6:09 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 20 Feb 2017, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jan 2017, 6:39 am

Mongrel wrote:Scary the way were going, but so clever

Why scary mate?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bladeracer » 19 Jan 2017, 7:03 am

"The gun reportedly fires high-velocity ammunition, meaning it can be discharged with speed. It also does not have to be cocked before being fired."

Who the hell writes this garbage :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jan 2017, 7:11 am

bladeracer wrote:"The gun reportedly fires high-velocity ammunition, meaning it can be discharged with speed. It also does not have to be cocked before being fired."

Drama queens usually, I can't wait to hear about it's high capacity magazines too, should be good for a laugh. :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bladeracer » 19 Jan 2017, 7:33 am

bigfellascott wrote:
bladeracer wrote:"The gun reportedly fires high-velocity ammunition, meaning it can be discharged with speed. It also does not have to be cocked before being fired."

Drama queens usually, I can't wait to hear about it's high capacity magazines too, should be good for a laugh. :lol:

Margi Murphy - Tech and Science reporter (they've got to be joking!!!)
https://twitter.com/margimurphy?lang=en

What is it's capacity - one round or two?
And how long does it take to reload (after your first shot(s) miss as they are likely to from this gadget)?

I can't understand why anybody anywhere would be in terror of this crap.

"THIS terrifying iPhone-styled hand gun could be about to infiltrate the streets, police have warned."
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by albat » 19 Jan 2017, 7:42 am

Yep its the new prototype i phone 9 mm :lol:
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Jan 2017, 9:23 am

Can I get an android version?

But seriously, pen guns have been around for ages. There is no new risks only a new model.

Wait until they see the violin case machine gun
images (15).jpg
images (15).jpg (17.87 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sbd3927 » 19 Jan 2017, 10:27 pm

It will never reach the market, Apple will already have it patented...
Anschutz 1515-1516 22WMR
Steyr Prohunter 308win, Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x50
sbd3927
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 20 Jan 2017, 8:02 am

Typical modern "journalism". :sarcasm:

You've got an English "news" story about something in the U.S.A that they are trying to make out is of local importance to people of the U.K.

The thing is that the item in question is directly aimed at the American concealed carry market. It's not going to be available at the local corner store for anyone to just walk in and buy. "Concealed Carry" permits are heavily regulated and only available where the law allows.

Typical storm-in-a-teacup "news" item.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 20 Jan 2017, 8:33 am

Double barrel .38cal...

A modern 'derringer'.
Good last line of defence it an assailant is right on top of you. Don't think you'll be keeping anyone at bay with it, though.

https://www.idealconceal.com/product/do ... 0-caliber/
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Jan 2017, 9:11 am

Gamerancher wrote:Typical modern "journalism". :sarcasm:

You've got an English "news" story about something in the U.S.A that they are trying to make out is of local importance to people of the U.K.

The thing is that the item in question is directly aimed at the American concealed carry market. It's not going to be available at the local corner store for anyone to just walk in and buy. "Concealed Carry" permits are heavily regulated and only available where the law allows.

None of that applies to crims - they will get what they want when they want it as we all know.

To me that Iphone gun is just a gimmick, no self respecting LAFO or Crim would be seen dead with one :lol: that thing is a latte sippers wet dream, look at me look at brigade who will never use a real firearm but want to be seen as cooool.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Title_II » 20 Jan 2017, 9:22 am

We've had cell phone guns for decades but this is a more interesting design.

I was just going to post that! :D

Gamerancher wrote:Typical modern "journalism". :sarcasm:

I'm confused if the second half is about Oz or US. Concealed carry permits are not what I would call heavily regulated in the US, and in 25% of states (and climbing) you don't even need them. In most states you don't need any permit to carry loaded guns on your hip.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bladeracer » 20 Jan 2017, 9:50 am

Title_II wrote:I'm confused if the second half is about Oz or US. Concealed carry permits are not what I would call heavily regulated in the US, and in 25% of states (and climbing) you don't even need them. In most states you don't need any permit to carry loaded guns on your hip.

We don't have concealed carry here.
I don't think even Police officers are allowed to carry concealed here, although detectives do.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 20 Jan 2017, 10:08 am

Okay Title I'll stand corrected. Yes, I was talking U.S. But, if you watch the video, the bloke is talking about "concealed carry" in an environment where it is frowned upon. In most states where it it accepted and "open carry" states, he wouldn't have a market. By heavily regulated I mean a lot more than other guns. To my knowledge you can't just walk into a gun store and purchase a handgun and walk straight out where concealed carry permits apply. Happy to be corrected. 25% isn't "most".
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 20 Jan 2017, 10:29 am

Gamerancher wrote:Okay Title I'll stand corrected. Yes, I was talking U.S. But, if you watch the video, the bloke is talking about "concealed carry" in an environment where it is frowned upon. In most states where it it accepted and "open carry" states, he wouldn't have a market. By heavily regulated I mean a lot more than other guns. To my knowledge you can't just walk into a gun store and purchase a handgun and walk straight out where concealed carry permits apply. Happy to be corrected. 25% isn't "most".

Probably not, but I don't think there are any such restrictions on buying privately are there?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 20 Jan 2017, 12:52 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Okay Title I'll stand corrected. Yes, I was talking U.S. But, if you watch the video, the bloke is talking about "concealed carry" in an environment where it is frowned upon. In most states where it it accepted and "open carry" states, he wouldn't have a market. By heavily regulated I mean a lot more than other guns. To my knowledge you can't just walk into a gun store and purchase a handgun and walk straight out where concealed carry permits apply. Happy to be corrected. 25% isn't "most".

Yes, you can walk into a gun store and walk straight out with a handgun. We don't have licensing or permits to buy handguns except in a few states, perhaps 5 out of 50.

As for 25% not being "most," those are two separate issues. Let me just break it down by numbers.

There are 50 States in the US.

Roughly 40 States allow you to carry loaded handguns on your hip in the open with NO PERMIT.

12 States allow you to carry concealed with NO PERMIT.

47 States allow ordinary people to carry concealed.

Here is the process in my Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which is probably about average for most states. When I bought my first handgun here, I walked into a gun shop, showed him my driver's license, filled out a 1 page form, gave him cash, and walked out with the handgun a few minutes later.

When I wanted what you would call a Concealed Carry Permit, I walked into the Sheriff's office, filled out a 1 page form, had my picture taken, gave them $20, and walked out 15 minutes later. Pennsylvania, like most states, requires no permit to carry a loaded handgun in the open, but does require a permit to conceal a handgun.

Whe nI bought my first fully automatic submachinegun, I went to the owner's house, we each filled out a 1 page form (2 copies of same form), I wrote my name on a 2nd page and signed it testifying I was an American Citizen, put it in an envelope with a $200 check and dropped it in the mail on my way home. Two months later I had a tax stamp and picked up the machinegun. That's about the limit of "highly regulated" in the US, as machineguns and a few other weapons do require registration with the federal government.

Handguns? No.

Concealed carry permits? No.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 20 Jan 2017, 12:59 pm

bladeracer wrote:

Probably not, but I don't think there are any such restrictions on buying privately are there?

It is true that most States do not require any documentation for private sales of firearms.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Firearms related media and politics