David Leyonhjelm comments

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

David Leyonhjelm comments

Post by albat » 20 Jan 2017, 9:28 pm

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/0 ... sial-tweet the bloke is making a legit point here i think , timing might have been better though . Another thing that jumps out at you is that the firearms registry email stuff up in victoria never got a mention on the major news channels blatant media bias in play here
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: David Leyonhjelm comments

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Jan 2017, 9:30 pm

+1
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by RoginaJack » 20 Jan 2017, 9:35 pm

And makes a point - "Rogue Car", :twisted: Please explain :?: :?:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Jan 2017, 9:39 pm

They should ban that car, it's new technology - will someone please think of the children.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Cryptic » 20 Jan 2017, 9:54 pm

Wondered when this might pop up on shooters pages. He is getting absolutely crucified on his page in comments on newsposts on facebook.

Timing definitely could have been a little better.
Interesting point to note though is when same said comments were made on international incidents of vehicle nature the crickets could be heard, but when the comment is made about an Australian incident the anti's and haters have gone ballistic.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 20 Jan 2017, 10:14 pm

I disagree. I think the man has a set of balls the size of Jupiter. And I think the timing is perfect. As dark and f***ing sad as it is, he timed it with ferocious efficiency.

The circumstances of when he said it will be forgotten by the same time next week. The meaning of what he said will linger for a very long time, as a precedent to any future gun debates.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Cryptic » 20 Jan 2017, 11:19 pm

He def has a set of balls setting loose on them.

I just personally thought a 1 day grace to settle shock and tensions for the precious left to pull their head out of their arse from looking for someone to blame or attack for interupting their 'this cant happen' view would be more sound.
Let them bicker and blame Gov or something first and rage at them then drop the Leyonhjelm comment next day to open their eyes a little.
As it stands there is now so many pages firing off petitions and demanding his resignation as he became the 1st point of attack for their anger over what happened and took focus off how it happened.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 20 Jan 2017, 11:29 pm

If you give it a day, people get a little over the shock and start looking for a punching bag. Strike the iron while it's hot, nobody gives a s**t about petitions or stern letters, US inauguration is tomorrow... We live in a short attention span world. He in my opinion executed perfectly.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 21 Jan 2017, 2:55 am

Trust me, if those people had been shot instead of run over, there would be wild media and public speculation about the gun including proposed bans of various kinds of firearms before they even knew for sure there was a gun involved, what it was, or what actually happened. Don't give me this exploiting tragedy for politics nonsense, that's ALL the antis ever do. He should double down and tweet again, pointing out their ghoulish hypocrisy since these idiots apparently need it spelled out for them.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2017, 6:44 am

Title_II wrote:Trust me, if those people had been shot instead of run over, there would be wild media and public speculation about the gun including proposed bans of various kinds of firearms before they even knew for sure there was a gun involved, what it was, or what actually happened. Don't give me this exploiting tragedy for politics nonsense, that's ALL the antis ever do. He should double down and tweet again, pointing out their ghoulish hypocrisy since these idiots apparently need it spelled out for them.

Bloody oath and the timing doesn't matter either, he would have been attacked and vilified no matter when he made the comments, he's a supporter of firearms ownership so he will always be a target of the anti's. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 21 Jan 2017, 7:01 am

The greens as usual were quick out of the blocks to rubbish his comments these blokes should try and understand what he is trying to say ,they really are off with the fairies
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2017, 8:52 am

albat wrote:The greens as usual were quick out of the blocks to rubbish his comments these blokes should try and understand what he is trying to say ,they really are off with the fairies

They don't want to understand him, they will attack whatever it is he says because he's the devil to them and they will keep trying to portray him as such at every opportunity they can - all political parties do it, no news or surprises there really, all just a bunch of lying c*** who will do whatever it takes to get their agendas happening and the ultimate goal is control. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 21 Jan 2017, 9:17 am

David Leyonhjelm is a big supporter of licenced persons carrying a firearm in public akin to the usa im suprised he didnt go the whole hog on this one and justify it here because the whole incident could have been mopped up quick smart if that lunatic ran into a licenced carry
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jan 2017, 9:23 am

Liontamer was 100% spot on..... we say it over and over and over again....if it was a gun used to kill those people, including a 3yr old child.!!!!... there would be every slightly leftist progressive group, every industry, union, sporting, corporate non-profit, government and opposition spokesidiot WHIPPED up into an absolute frenzy calling for ALL guns to be outlawed immediately and all objectionable shooters strung up in the great central square gallows of social justice....... the Greens/GCA/AMF would be frothing at the mouth baying for the blood of ANYONE who disagrees....

His delivery.... perhaps could have been different, explaining the statement in terms that other than shooters 'get'....

WE KNOW there is an agenda to fully disarm 'civilians' in Aus... that is indisputable IMO... and the political class relies on the anti-groups (well covered around here) to drive and deliver their message for them...we know that only gun crime get 'public outcry' which is actually the voice of the minority amplified by these group.

Unfortunately, these 4 deaths will become data points in the 'column' that the antis are disinterested in, because 'only' 10% of assault death are with firearms (27 of 265)...the same as with suicide they only 'see' the 177 of the 3000+

I have a lot to say about what occurred yesterday.... I'll restrain myself at this time.... :evil:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2017, 10:11 am

albat wrote:David Leyonhjelm is a big supporter of licenced persons carrying a firearm in public akin to the usa im suprised he didnt go the whole hog on this one and justify it here because the whole incident could have been mopped up quick smart if that lunatic ran into a licenced carry

I don't know about that, have you seen the way some people shoot, probably more people would have ended up dead from being shot than mowed down by this twat. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 21 Jan 2017, 10:20 am

bigfellascott wrote:
albat wrote:David Leyonhjelm is a big supporter of licenced persons carrying a firearm in public akin to the usa im suprised he didnt go the whole hog on this one and justify it here because the whole incident could have been mopped up quick smart if that lunatic ran into a licenced carry

I don't know about that, have you seen the way some people shoot, probably more people would have ended up dead from being shot than mowed down by this twat. :D

Yep very true bigfellascott especially friday arvo with all the blokes rolling out of the pub anyhing could happen even the greenies could be caught in the crossfire :violin:
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2017, 10:24 am

albat wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:

Yep very true bigfellascott especially friday arvo with all the blokes rolling out of the pub anyhing could happen even the greenies could be caught in the crossfire :violin:

That's acceptable Collateral Damage and even encouraged :lol: :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Title_II » 21 Jan 2017, 10:29 am

In the US we find that when a civilian starts shooting at a crim it tends to change their plans very quickly and saves lives whether they are killed by the fire or not. A crim trying to shoot people or run them over with a truck is ALWAYS more dangerous than a civilian trying to stop him with deadly force.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Itshurting » 21 Jan 2017, 11:37 am

I'm in Melbourne and what happened was truely awful.But what David The Lion said makes perfect sense and is perfectly reasonable.
I guess I have to ask.What were the cops aiming at when they hit him in the arm? And also the reports said "gunshots".Did some go astray?Tough situation I know but...
Thoughts?
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars".

Remington
Henry
Mossberg
Krico
Cashmore
Pardus
Itshurting
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 21 Jan 2017, 11:51 am

He said police charged him on January 14 and had opposed bail but it was granted. He was scheduled to reappear yesterday.
-Abc news

This is where the outrage should be directed.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jan 2017, 12:03 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:
He said police charged him on January 14 and had opposed bail but it was granted. He was scheduled to reappear yesterday.
-Abc news

This is where the outrage should be directed.

Spot on - yet again a "Man Monis" situation that could have been avoided if the legal system worked right. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Jan 2017, 12:16 pm

Iv'e heard RUMORS that he has a track record of beind a blody idiot.
One of his first adventures included bringing explosives to school to blow up another student.

They let pretty much anyone drive cars these days.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by albat » 21 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm

Itshurting wrote:I'm in Melbourne and what happened was truely awful.But what David The Lion said makes perfect sense and is perfectly reasonable.
I guess I have to ask.What were the cops aiming at when they hit him in the arm? And also the reports said "gunshots".Did some go astray?Tough situation I know but...
Thoughts?

I think the coppers have been cut down to about one range shoot a year in queensland what with all the austerity measures etc half of em wouldnt know one end of glock from the other through no fault of their own
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jan 2017, 1:25 pm

What I find infuriating.... is pretty much the whole situation... they were pursuing this grub... but fell back when he neared the City!!!! for 'safety'!!!!

=pursuit policy.

Then the burnout session outside Flinders St Station..... for those unfamiliar; THERE ARE MANY POLICE STATIONED RIGHT THERE!! What, was it doughnut time????

Yet it took "Two polynesian fellas" to (risk their lives!) to approach the car with the view to stopping him...THEY deserve bravery medal for that brave attempt - it could have ended differently for them - the guy 'went them' when he came around again.....

But the part that really strikes a chord is that the vision of the 2 fellas, has in the background... A COP standing on the other side with his thumb up his ar$e!

But he couldnt have known how it would end you say?? No. They had his bio, he had stabbed his brother with the view to killing him, in addition his extensive 'history' AND his facebook declaration of war Et Cetera...

Sorry. But when the police are the only CLASS permitted by the do-gooders to carry a firearm, whether to protect themselves and possibly members of the public... you get your self out there and damn well do SOMETHING! if not them the 'right' should return to the people...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Jan 2017, 4:19 pm

Perhaps something like. Regret to hear of deaths,..... Would have been a good start. But Timing is perfect and he is right. People kill not objects. There is another discussion about Vic gov leaking shooters details also, and crimes getting that info.

For me if you want to stop firearm deaths and the theft of them there is a simple solution.

Anyone found guilty of intentionally shooting someone and causing serious injury or death. Sentences should be, mandatory,

Serious injury. 20 yrs. No early release.
Murder. Death by public guillotine.

No excuses like I was on drugs or wife was f***ing my mate.

Just one public guillotining and half the unregistered firearms will be in the local bay.

Murder with knives, poison etc hanging in prison. Again mandatory if found guilty.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by albat » 21 Jan 2017, 4:32 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Perhaps something like. Regret to hear of deaths,..... Would have been a good start. But Timing is perfect and he is right. People kill not objects. There is another discussion about Vic gov leaking shooters details also, and crimes getting that info.

For me if you want to stop firearm deaths and the theft of them there is a simple solution.

Anyone found guilty of intentionally shooting someone and causing serious injury or death. Sentences should be, mandatory,

Serious injury. 20 yrs. No early release.
Murder. Death by public guillotine.

No excuses like I was on drugs or wife was f***ing my mate.

Just one public guillotining and half the unregistered firearms will be in the local bay.

Murder with knives, poison etc hanging in prison. Again mandatory if found guilty.

I think isis already beat you to it oldbloke : :lol:
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jan 2017, 5:19 pm

Why complicate the matter??

If someone intentionally kills another, whether under the influence of a drug, mental whatever, God or even 'peer group pressure'....

Then they LOSE the right be move among us, ie. THEIR life is ended and the first right of refusal goes to the victims family.... too uncivilised? too bad.

Run a poll a week ago as to whether we should reinstate the death penalty.... I'm sure it would have been a resounding NO.

Ask the same today; I'm not so sure - funny how circumstances change opinion about such matters....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Jan 2017, 5:57 pm

For many years my view was that death penalty should not be on the books. And that people deserve a second chance, and for say under 21 that should still be the case.

But not any more, incorrect conviction is extremely rare in Australia unlike some other countries . Also there have been a large number of reofending cases. Far too many deaths and lives ruined due to life changing injuries.
Judges need to be judged too.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 21 Jan 2017, 6:46 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 20 Feb 2017, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Jan 2017, 8:11 am

happyhunter wrote:If you follow the facts as they are known, the police did everything to stop the nutter. THis bloke had done some real bad s**t leading up to what happened in the city and it was a case of him knowing he was going away for a long time so in his sick mind he decided he would go with a bang.

Did we miss some facts HH?? The 'law' couldnt have known how it would have ended, but it is up to them to plan for anything, and consider all eventualities.....especially for a drug fueled sociopath loon - barrelling toward the CBD.

It is VICPOL that has dropped the ball big time, this is not the only time theyve called of a pursuit that has ended with destruction, I believe a number of those Apex gang PsOS had pursuits called off.....then totalled later....no doubt 'most of the time when the perps see the cops back off, they'll calm it down, but not ALL the time. Not this time.

One of my kids was at the location he was doing circlework the day before, walking along Swanston, My missers was there yesterday..... I don't care if others disagree, but it should have been POLICE running out to his car and it shouldnt have taken 2 members of the PUBLIC to run out while police stood back with their thumbs where i previously described... If you know Flinder St ST.... then you know how many police are stationed RIGHT THERE.....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics