Only in America

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Only in America

Post by Title_II » 08 Feb 2017, 2:47 pm

GLS_1956 wrote:Please understand, I think the guys in Michigan were/are A$$holes. A$$holes like them just make everyday gun owners look bad.

And a crack dealer makes pharmacists look bad /sarcasm.

Stop letting them force us to think this way. Why should we be the only people that are defined by the worst among us, or not even among us? One reason. We agree to it. Tell them to step off and ram it down their throats twice as hard as they come at us.

I'm not putting up with guilty conscience crap or living in the shadows over guns from anyone. That is the crap that got us here and we are guilty of NOTHING.

If you act guilty, and you act afraid, and you act ashamed, you will end up being all three. At least for practical purposes. Then you get 2017. Here we are.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Supaduke » 08 Feb 2017, 6:50 pm

I for one am neither ashamed or afraid. I do however, understand the importance of public perception. It's exactly the same as my passion, motorcycles. Every dumb kid doing dumb things just rips to pieces our arguement that enthusiasts are responsible and law abiding. It turns those who are apathetic towards our chosen sports against us. Slowly but surely one by one. Those that are turned more often than not won't be turned around to support us. Guns, like motorcycles are not overly popular in our society. It's one of those hobbies that people can be passionately against.

It's not defeatist, it's fact. Incidents like this do not help our cause. Australia especially, where gun ownership is a privilege, not a right is affected badly by such incidents.

Years to build a reputation, moments to destroy. We all know that funny look we've received from some people when you mention you're a gun enthusiast.

Wether we like it or not our government are often driven by populist opinions. Make something unpopular enough and boom it's gone.

I'm certainly not being apologetic for these buttheads, nor do I apologise for owning guns.

Cops have guns, it's part of the job of law enforcement. Don't like cops visiting your house? Then don't own guns.
They are visiting in the course of their job.

Laws change as society changes. Do I agree with all our laws? Nup, the fundamental flaw of democracy.

Do I believe concealed carry is ok? Yes.
Do I believe open carry, especially long arms is ok? No, it's aggressive, intimidating and frankly a bit pissweak.

Imagine those idiots strutting round a shopping centre kitted up like that and you were there with the missus and kids. Your threat responses would be through the roof.

Aggression creates more aggression. Nothing wrong with a little bit of subtlety.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 09 Feb 2017, 2:32 am

these guys are in truoble they have been al over the news here and have pulled crap before
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Feb 2017, 7:47 am

Title_II wrote:
GLS_1956 wrote:Please understand, I think the guys in Michigan were/are A$$holes. A$$holes like them just make everyday gun owners look bad.

And a crack dealer makes pharmacists look bad /sarcasm.

Stop letting them force us to think this way. Why should we be the only people that are defined by the worst among us, or not even among us? One reason. We agree to it. Tell them to step off and ram it down their throats twice as hard as they come at us.

I'm not putting up with guilty conscience crap or living in the shadows over guns from anyone. That is the crap that got us here and we are guilty of NOTHING.

If you act guilty, and you act afraid, and you act ashamed, you will end up being all three. At least for practical purposes. Then you get 2017. Here we are.

Yes :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Eduardo » 23 Feb 2017, 11:26 pm

I'm all for open carry, but that was the bone head move of the century.
A volatile mixture of implacable OCD and vexatiuous ADD.
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by wrenchman » 21 Aug 2017, 9:48 am

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/men ... -sentenced
thought you guys might like up date both go to jail
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Member-Deleted » 21 Aug 2017, 12:21 pm

So professional provocators they say
I would call them oxygen thieves at best
These turds don't realise that by doing things like that tend to make police edgy and that could lead to them making mistakes like the australian woman
who was shot dead a couple of weeks ago

I'm not totally against open carry but in most cases you could wrap it up in something if you don't have a gun case
In saying that there will be times when you will have to openly carry but it wouldn't be into a police station or the likes

These blokes need to be treated as terrorists to set an example to all the other would be provocators and idiots doing this sort of stuff
It does no good to the gun users or for that matter the public in general

May be if they hadn't taken away the death penalty these sort of people would think twice before doing half the sh@t they do now

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Return to Firearms related media and politics