AR15s for the NSW Police???

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

AR15s for the NSW Police???

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Feb 2017, 4:22 pm

I'm still trying to process this.... The police who so adamantly seek to stifle civilian ownership, vliy LAFOs, the ridiculous nonsense they created by 'advising' our elected representatives that a shotgun first conceived over 130 years ago was a threat to public safety because of its 'lethality' and 'rapid fire potential'...(insert rapidly reciprocating vertical motion closed fist)....

WHY HAVENT THEY DECIDED TO ADOPT THE ADLER??????

But seriously, if every cop had an AR15 at his/her disposal, that means every cop car would have 2 in the boot, say.... I'm just not comfortable with that..... IF THE s**t IS SO BAD THAT THEY NEED SCARY BLACK ASS-AULT 'WEAPONS' :roll:

THEN... ITS TIME TO RETHINK THE DISARMING OF THE GOOD GUYS!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/conten ... 180612.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-20/s ... ge/7525414
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nsw-po ... 123955b598

They tried Glock "rifles":
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/n ... b79c2a3eb3

The 'concept' that the drones accept that 'police are more trustworthy'.... I just dont accept. Not for a second. I will one day try to find the stats to see if LESS police, by proportion, speed, drink drive, commit other crimes.....

The other thought of every cop/cop car/ cop shop, with thousands of AR15sunder the watchful eye of plod..... WHEN serious numbers become "unaccounted for" (of course they wouldnt lose them or disappear them) WILL THEY BE REPORTED????
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Re: AR15s for the NSW Police????????????????

Post by bladeracer » 14 Feb 2017, 5:29 pm

Why can't they have bolt-action .22's that look like military firearms? Clearly they are adamant that they're the same thing.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 14 Feb 2017, 7:06 pm

AR-15s are only used for shooting up innocent people in cafes or killing dozens of people as fast as possible. Which, apparently, is a copper's job.

When a guy is threatening his girlfriend with a knife, of course 15 cops need to respond with AR-15s and 30 round mags.

When 5 Latin Kings kick in my front door, nobody needs an AR-15 or a mag that holds more than 10 rounds.

Get it? This will be on the test.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Feb 2017, 7:13 pm

I'm OK with that. PROVIDED. They are locked in a safe at the police station and the ammo is locked up in a safe 2000kms away. Just to be sure they don't use them in the heat of the moment. And get written permission, in triplicate, to use it everytime.
OR give them dangerous looking black broom sticks.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Feb 2017, 7:24 pm

Title_II wrote:AR-15s are only used for shooting up innocent people in cafes or killing dozens of people as fast as possible. Which, apparently, is a copper's job.

When a guy is threatening his girlfriend with a knife, of course 15 cops need to respond with AR-15s and 30 round mags.

When 5 Latin Kings kick in my front door, nobody needs an AR-15 or a mag that holds more than 10 rounds.

you've summed it up so perfectly....

when 5 latin kings break in OUR doors..... well, more likely to be 25 black as pitch culture enhancers....WE have been told to not resist.... yes. it shames me to say it. "Dont put up a fight, you could make the situation worse" paraphrasing slightly...

However, yes.... the Queen's peace keepers will present at our doors with ARs should we stray over the line of lawfulness and neglect to compete in the full requirement of handgun competitions, or if the paperwork is late to be sent in to the stasi.... ah, firearms registrar....

When is that revolution arriving??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 14 Feb 2017, 9:03 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Title_II wrote:AR-15s are only used for shooting up innocent people in cafes or killing dozens of people as fast as possible. Which, apparently, is a copper's job.

you've summed it up so perfectly....

when 5 latin kings break in OUR doors..... well, more likely to be 25 black as pitch culture enhancers....WE have been told to not resist.... yes. it shames me to say it. "Dont put up a fight, you could make the situation worse" paraphrasing slightly...

However, yes.... the Queen's peace keepers will present at our doors with ARs should we stray over the line of lawfulness and neglect to compete in the full requirement of handgun competitions, or if the paperwork is late to be sent in to the stasi.... ah, firearms registrar....

When is that revolution arriving??

I am checking my calender...
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Feb 2017, 9:14 pm

I like how they have been described as semi automatic firearms, yet when we want them for sporting use they are described as assult rifles or weapons - bunch of hypocrites the lot of em especially when the police want them for the specific use to kill people with.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Feb 2017, 8:03 am

bigfellascott wrote:I like how they have been described as semi automatic firearms, yet when we want them for sporting use they are described as assult rifles or weapons - bunch of hypocrites the lot of em especially when the police want them for the specific use to kill people with.

There's a parallel there, it's like racism.... only white Europeans can be racist...everyone knows that :roll:
Death gun weapon Assault machine gun laser sniper mass casualty gun rifle...... should a civilian even contemplate the thought of possessing one or even mentioning....... for Police they're a tool of the trade, a semi-automatic rifle.

Fear the government that fears an armed populous.

Fear that government even more, when they arm their enforcement force - with the firearms those civilians can not be 'trusted' with.

If someone could describe / define what a totalitarian government is?
At the same time advise whether we really 'choose' our government?

Title, it will happen.....it mightn't hippen overnight, but it will hippen....[there's an gag in there]
But seriously... 2yrs? 5yrs, perhaps 25years.... there must be a rebalance to our once rational society.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 15 Feb 2017, 9:36 am

I have the second half of March open.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Feb 2017, 12:46 pm

Title_II wrote:I have the second half of March open.

bring your mates.

I'll put you up.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by wheedle » 15 Feb 2017, 12:50 pm

Oldbloke wrote:OR give them dangerous looking black broom sticks.

Or a black water pistol.

Just as dangerous some say :unknown:
wheedle
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by GLS_1956 » 15 Feb 2017, 1:01 pm

If they get the rifles, I'll wager one gets stolen from their vehicle within a month. Then what will they say?
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Gwion » 15 Feb 2017, 1:44 pm

These things wont be general issue. They will be special response equipment, i'd imagine.

Nevertheless. They DON'T NEED THEM..... heard that one before, haven't we!?!

I would argue that these semi-auto death machines are more of a threat to the Australian public in the hands of poorly trained police (where they WILL be used around and against the PUBLIC) than they are in the hands of say, a 3gun competitor or a pig shooter, where they will be used in either remote or highly controlled environments rather than emotionally charged and highly volatile ones!

Seriously, though; when was the last time any Australian police force faced a situation where they were shooting it out with "bad guys" and needed semi-auto centerfire rifles??? Makes you think what the "powers that be" have planned for us average Aussies in future!???! :unknown:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Title_II » 15 Feb 2017, 1:59 pm

Gwion wrote:These things wont be general issue. They will be special response equipment, i'd imagine.

Nevertheless. They DON'T NEED THEM..... heard that one before, haven't we!?!

I would argue that these semi-auto death machines are more of a threat to the Australian public in the hands of poorly trained police (where they WILL be used around and against the PUBLIC) than they are in the hands of say, a 3gun competitor or a pig shooter, where they will be used in either remote or highly controlled environments rather than emotionally charged and highly volatile ones!

Seriously, though; when was the last time any Australian police force faced a situation where they were shooting it out with "bad guys" and needed semi-auto centerfire rifles??? Makes you think what the "powers that be" have planned for us average Aussies in future!???! :unknown:

I don't know where you live, but here, chances of a cop going up against more than one armed attacker is almost zero, although it does happen rarely, and usually with multiple cops. Greater than two NEVER happens.

Chances of me going up against at least two are greater than 50%, and possible that I get a few more thrown in.

Somehow, we make do, and the good guys almost always win.

Speaking of training, we had a police range around here that was open to the public. If you took ten cops at random and ten people from the public at random you would find that 9 of the public would out shoot nine of the cops, and at least one would outshoot the tenth one. They are getting better, I have run into them in classes. But they have become so violent and trigger happy that I don't want them to sharpen their skills.
Last edited by Title_II on 15 Feb 2017, 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Hangfire » 15 Feb 2017, 2:01 pm

556 is overkill for most police applications. If you need something more accurate imo be better off with a 9mm carbine or mp5 type setup. That lindt cafe breach was ameturish and the amount of 556 they sent zinging around that store was silly.
Hangfire
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 15 Feb 2017, 2:12 pm

I think that was a situation where rifles are justified. Remember, 9mm will not penetrate the soft panels of body armor. And, 5.56 can even penetrate some rifle plates. They were designed to withstand .30 caliber rounds. More power does not always mean more effective.

I have a 9mm SMG but it is not my primary weapon for that very reason. Sometimes bad guys wear armor. It's still not common around here, but I don't want to take the chance. On the street I carry a 9mm and a .32 BUG, almost never a rifle. So I practice the Mozambique drill.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Feb 2017, 9:59 pm

And suddenly every cop car's boot becomes high priority smash and grab on the criminals shopping list.

Personally I think that in a situation that calls for AR15 style speed ans power then they should be calling in the Star Force.
The every day sticker licking, revenue raising, soft crime targeting cop doesn't need an AR15.

We've all seen what a mess of thing Australian police make when they pull their pistols out, I'd hate to see them with something like an AR15
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Cryptic » 15 Feb 2017, 10:24 pm

QLD police have had an R4 in their inventory since 2014. Used to hear them call for it on PSPA jobs over the scanner.
Friend who runs a crime update facebook page always asked me is that an assault rifle...... Needless to say having to explain to them it wasn't an assault rifle proved futile when all the viewers kept arguing it was as they are dressed like military in armour etc etc :crazy:
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: AR15s for the NSW Police???

Post by BluEsky » 16 Feb 2017, 12:10 pm

:o :shock:
Attachments
aef0edd2983e144dc7a4096e9c5855f9.jpg
aef0edd2983e144dc7a4096e9c5855f9.jpg (48.92 KiB) Viewed 6523 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by BluEsky » 16 Feb 2017, 12:34 pm

;) Well I agree with Frank :o isn't there an over supply of AR's in the 'Hoods' already? :shock: This photo of the defence of the local play equipment, with the title yes the Boys Must wait their Turn, :? Just Proves that Only a "Belt Fed" will be Enough Gun for the wild Streets of NSW! 8-) :o

Attachments
BBgCfeV.jpg
BBgCfeV.jpg (30.83 KiB) Viewed 6519 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Ed9362 » 16 Feb 2017, 2:25 pm

sounds like even more innocent bystanders. even with their pistols the cops seem to shoot innocents at a ration of about 3-1.
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by BluEsky » 16 Feb 2017, 2:49 pm

:shock: Well now, if they are saying we have Lost the War on Drugs? :o then one of these for Everybody ! 8-) :D

:roll: :D ...
Attachments
thV1SIOSGZ.jpg
thV1SIOSGZ.jpg (15.26 KiB) Viewed 6506 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 16 Feb 2017, 3:15 pm

BluEsky wrote:;) Well I agree with Frank :o isn't there an over supply of AR's in the 'Hoods' already? :shock: This photo of the defence of the local play equipment, with the title yes the Boys Must wait their Turn, :? Just Proves that Only a "Belt Fed" will be Enough Gun for the wild Streets of NSW! 8-) :o

Here's a pic of me at the Capitol :)

Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by albat » 16 Feb 2017, 6:29 pm

In Queensland pc plod only gets 1 shoot a year at the range with his glock for F___ks sake lets hope qld police dont start getting Ar15's it could get gnarly
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 16 Feb 2017, 6:33 pm

albat wrote:In Queensland pc plod only gets 1 shoot a year at the range with his glock for F___ks sake lets hope qld police dont start getting Ar15's it could get gnarly

Like when the bikie laws are toughened in a particular state, theres an exodus to other states.... might see the criminal underworld flee new south once plod gets armed up.... great... thanks Shhhhipy-oni
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by BluEsky » 17 Feb 2017, 11:28 am

:o :shock: Yes unfortunately it looks like the Black Tactical/ Parra and "Shock Troop Look" is becoming more prevalent on our Streets :shock:

:roll: :D ..
Attachments
Militarized-police.jpg
Militarized-police.jpg (56.18 KiB) Viewed 6474 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by BluEsky » 19 Feb 2017, 1:21 pm

Title_II wrote:
BluEsky wrote:;) Well I agree with Frank :o isn't there an over supply of AR's in the 'Hoods' already? :shock: This photo of the defence of the local play equipment, with the title yes the Boys Must wait their Turn, :? Just Proves that Only a "Belt Fed" will be Enough Gun for the wild Streets of NSW! 8-) :o

Here's a pic of me at the Capitol :)

Now Title-ll I'll take a guess and say you'd be the body with the 'Freedom Stick' on your back. 8-) :D you must give us a run down on it some time, ;) for mine, to go along with this rush to acquire " Weapons of Mass Destruction'' the State should assure a ongoing supply of these! :D 8-)

:o :shock: 8-) ..
Attachments
10348287_716358541746359_304942475893771315_n.jpg
10348287_716358541746359_304942475893771315_n.jpg (69.63 KiB) Viewed 6452 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 19 Feb 2017, 1:44 pm

LOL! :D

It was a pro-gun rally. I believe that year we had about 3000 armed people, maybe 100 legislators lined up in front of us in three rows, and Wayne LaPiere of the NRA. No walls, no fences, no barriers, just freedom. I wanted to shake Wayne's hand but I usually leave famous people alone. Out legislators, on the other hand, spent the rest of the day running away from us or being schmoozed by us :)

I don't normally walk around with a rifle. It's customary to keep them cased in public around here unless you are riding a horse, need them for hunting, or some type of emergency/other purpose. I know a lawyer that said it pretty well: When you see somebody carrying a handgun, you assume it is for self defense or maybe they are a cop. On the other hand, when when you see somebody carrying a toolbox, you assume they are there to fix something. It's probably not just in case the need for a tool pops up. Similarly, when you see somebody carrying a rifle, you assume they are there to shoot something.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by BluEsky » 19 Feb 2017, 1:52 pm

Wow ! Now ' Muddy Water' becomes clear, :shock: :o I have just seen an article in the News where the Gov. is going to get rid of some Two Million Cats ! :clap: 8-) Some Say that the AR's are for this! :crazy: :?

:D :roll: ..
Attachments
th07GNXCG4.jpg
th07GNXCG4.jpg (27.02 KiB) Viewed 6446 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 19 Feb 2017, 1:57 pm

HAHAHAHA!!! :D
Title_II