Fighting Anti Gun

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Fighting Anti Gun

Post by pete1 » 03 May 2017, 3:18 pm

Well They can't register "Gun Control Australia" on youtube it's gone now. All in the price of freedom.

Subscribed to hickok45 aswell
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 03 May 2017, 6:49 pm

Just seen something with Rebecca peters on ABC, flapping about the gun laws

Editing with the update.
Was basically what we've seen before "our laws have been watered down" "think of the suicides and deaths still by guns" & the one we all know "there's been no further restrictions on laws, such as banning semi auto handguns, like the UK did because there just for killing"

Watching her stumble each time she was asked a question was quite funny imo
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Gun-nut » 03 May 2017, 7:52 pm

Its good to see that after 20 years of abuse from the government, the media and all 3 members of GCA, that gun owners are finally uniting and getting our voices heard. If we continue on this path and fight harder, we can achieve great things.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sam45 » 03 May 2017, 8:37 pm

Yep, these anti gun retards are fighting a losing battle! Like the old saying...dead man walking lol. They will all be looking for new jobs soon :)
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jandamurra » 14 May 2017, 3:35 pm

I hope this won't be seen as completely irrelevant here, but one way to fight the anti's might be to point out that
Sn 116 of the Constitution Act (known as "The Constitution") has this to say about the method of payment to Sate agencies like the FAR's:

A State shall not coin money, nor make anything but gold and silver coin a legal tender in payment of debts.

Makes me wonder what would happen if people started asking about this in relation to paying licences, PTA's and fines.
It's the system the anti's wanted, only of course never enough, so let them be the ones to justify people having to pay all this BS to States in ways other than laid out in the Constitution.
I realise that most people don't care about gold or silver or the Constitution, but what if several hundred people were to write to ministers, their MP's, the FAR's and the police?
What harm could it do?
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by bullzeye » 22 May 2017, 10:10 am

I think what you are suggesting would do more harm than good.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by doc » 23 May 2017, 9:56 am

I'm no lawyer, but as I read that, it seems to me it's forbidding the state government from making (as in minting) any currency other than coins based on gold and silver. (Which I would assume would hold the value of the gold or silver itself). This makes sense, as it's the federal government that mints money.

I don't see it has anything to do with the states not being able to raise funds.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Jandamurra » 24 May 2017, 4:39 pm

@ Bullzeye and Doc

Section 119 of the Constitution Act states:
A State shall not coin money, nor make anything but gold and silver coin a legal tender in payment of debts.

It would certainly prohibit States from minting currency other than from coins based on gold and silver, but it can't only be that.
The wording says they can't make anything but gold and silver a payment for debts. Whatever is done by the Federal Government, right or wrong, is not the only issue. It's whether the States themselves accept anything other that gold or silver coin.
Requiring people to pay for licences or anything else electronically is not on. They do it because of the abysmally low level of knowledge of our Constitution in the wider community.
BTW, I'm not saying Constitution, Constitution, ra ra ra. let's all be super patriotic. I come at it from a very pragmatic angle that if something is supposed to be a certain way and it isn't. then let's get it up them!
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics