Fighting Anti Gun

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Fighting Anti Gun

Post by on_one_wheel » 30 Apr 2017, 10:36 am

bladeracer wrote:

I would assume it hinges on site traffic? And perhaps relevance to the search query? So having lots of instances of the phrase throughout the site should also affect it?
If our site contains actual information about precision shooting plus links out to many other pages firearm related then traffic should be far higher than their site gets.
There could even be a "Jokes" page linking to GCA, The Greens, The RSPCA, Labor Party and such ;-)

Good idea ...
GCA
G C A
GUNCONTROLAUSTRALIA
GUN CONTROL AUSTRALIA
:thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 30 Apr 2017, 10:44 am

Ratsmitglied wrote:Most search engines don't reveal their algorithms for page rank, but occurrence of the search terms is one small bit of it now, convincing them you are a trusted source is one, and with Google making sure you are mobile friendly helps, links out and back to you from other trusted sites also helps...

And then you have the human element, as anything can be manipulated manually

That's all beyond me I'm afraid :-)
I made myself a small website in the nineties that was really just a place for me to dump information about whatever I was working on. I even had a domain name for a few years, but I don't have the inclination anymore to mess with html and Java stuff.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Ratsmitglied » 30 Apr 2017, 10:59 am

I leave it to the people who are paid to deal with it
Ratsmitglied
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by WatchyShooter » 30 Apr 2017, 3:13 pm

Just a google of GCA shows how inept they are, onto the 2nd page and still nothing.

Type in SSAA or IPSC and see how relevant the results are.

That's what GCA is now, irrelevant, they've been fudging their member numbers for years now, they're running out of steam and that's the best time for us to act.

Share SSAA posts on your Facebook, LDP, shooters unions, anything that supports us, start trying to get people at the range onto forums like this to help us actually pull together and fight for our rights.
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 30 Apr 2017, 5:35 pm

WatchyShooter wrote:Just a google of GCA shows how inept they are, onto the 2nd page and still nothing.

Type in SSAA or IPSC and see how relevant the results are.

That's what GCA is now, irrelevant, they've been fudging their member numbers for years now, they're running out of steam and that's the best time for us to act.

Share SSAA posts on your Facebook, LDP, shooters unions, anything that supports us, start trying to get people at the range onto forums like this to help us actually pull together and fight for our rights.

Yep, been doing all that as well as discussions on FB trying to change the minds of the sheep that don't actually understand which soapbox they're on.
My brother-in-law blocked me due to the constant barrage of pro-gun stuff coming from my feed :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 30 Apr 2017, 9:16 pm

Google takes into account lots of things in determining what order to display stuff in the search results. Obviously if you want to dominate the Google front page, you consult an SEO expert. I do know that google factors in: URL, query, site traffic and now SSL cert.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 01 May 2017, 12:53 am

LOL

GCA have no SSL or HTTPS hahahaha.

I'd be worried if I'd used there site to store my information in any form at all.
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by doc » 01 May 2017, 5:17 pm

LOL guncontrolaustralia.com is currently available for registration. It's an international domain (ie, not .au) so you don't need an ABN/Organisation/etc registration to register it - anyone can.

(I'm betting that it won't be available by the time I check again tomorrow)...

I like the idea of creating a website with the same name (at least for someone who knows what they're doing ;) ) - and putting actual facts on their that prove the lies of GCA themselves. Great idea blaceracer!
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by GLS_1956 » 01 May 2017, 6:51 pm

When you are fighting for your freedom, you don't give the enemy a break, or an advantage. Those who wish you ill will take every opportunity to attack you, and will criticize you for defending yourselves.

Here in the USA on occasions where guns have been used in horrible acts, you immediately see the anti-gun groups leap into action spouting what ever lie and line they desire. But when pro-gun forces also speak out they, the anti-gun persons, will decry those organizations for "Not having the decency to wait until the dead are buried", to speak in defense of the gun owning population. However they, the anti-gun groups, feel no need to restrain themselves from going on the attack.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Gwion » 02 May 2017, 1:41 pm

doc wrote:LOL guncontrolaustralia.com is currently available for registration. It's an international domain (ie, not .au) so you don't need an ABN/Organisation/etc registration to register it - anyone can.

I like the idea of creating a website with the same name (at least for someone who knows what they're doing ;) ) - and putting actual facts on their that prove the lies of GCA themselves. Great idea blaceracer!

If i wasn't already paying fees on 5 domains i would jump on this! :thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by WatchyShooter » 02 May 2017, 9:30 pm

I've seen the comments on lots of post going our way, check these out

https://www.facebook.com/abc/posts/10154973171719550

https://www.facebook.com/usydconservati ... 06/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/DavidShoebridg ... 9484062902

https://www.facebook.com/Firearmownersu ... 8623127820

This is good, those first two just look at those comments, people are waking up and finally speaking up!
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by hobbit » 03 May 2017, 10:39 am

Gwion wrote:
doc wrote:LOL guncontrolaustralia.com is currently available for registration. It's an international domain (ie, not .au) so you don't need an ABN/Organisation/etc registration to register it - anyone can.

If i wasn't already paying fees on 5 domains i would jump on this! :thumbsup:

Guess who has a new domain :D
hobbit
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by pete1 » 03 May 2017, 3:18 pm

Well They can't register "Gun Control Australia" on youtube it's gone now. All in the price of freedom.

Subscribed to hickok45 aswell
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 03 May 2017, 6:49 pm

Just seen something with Rebecca peters on ABC, flapping about the gun laws

Editing with the update.
Was basically what we've seen before "our laws have been watered down" "think of the suicides and deaths still by guns" & the one we all know "there's been no further restrictions on laws, such as banning semi auto handguns, like the UK did because there just for killing"

Watching her stumble each time she was asked a question was quite funny imo
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Gun-nut » 03 May 2017, 7:52 pm

Its good to see that after 20 years of abuse from the government, the media and all 3 members of GCA, that gun owners are finally uniting and getting our voices heard. If we continue on this path and fight harder, we can achieve great things.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sam45 » 03 May 2017, 8:37 pm

Yep, these anti gun retards are fighting a losing battle! Like the old saying...dead man walking lol. They will all be looking for new jobs soon :)
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jandamurra » 14 May 2017, 3:35 pm

I hope this won't be seen as completely irrelevant here, but one way to fight the anti's might be to point out that
Sn 116 of the Constitution Act (known as "The Constitution") has this to say about the method of payment to Sate agencies like the FAR's:

A State shall not coin money, nor make anything but gold and silver coin a legal tender in payment of debts.

Makes me wonder what would happen if people started asking about this in relation to paying licences, PTA's and fines.
It's the system the anti's wanted, only of course never enough, so let them be the ones to justify people having to pay all this BS to States in ways other than laid out in the Constitution.
I realise that most people don't care about gold or silver or the Constitution, but what if several hundred people were to write to ministers, their MP's, the FAR's and the police?
What harm could it do?
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by bullzeye » 22 May 2017, 10:10 am

I think what you are suggesting would do more harm than good.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by doc » 23 May 2017, 9:56 am

I'm no lawyer, but as I read that, it seems to me it's forbidding the state government from making (as in minting) any currency other than coins based on gold and silver. (Which I would assume would hold the value of the gold or silver itself). This makes sense, as it's the federal government that mints money.

I don't see it has anything to do with the states not being able to raise funds.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Jandamurra » 24 May 2017, 4:39 pm

@ Bullzeye and Doc

Section 119 of the Constitution Act states:
A State shall not coin money, nor make anything but gold and silver coin a legal tender in payment of debts.

It would certainly prohibit States from minting currency other than from coins based on gold and silver, but it can't only be that.
The wording says they can't make anything but gold and silver a payment for debts. Whatever is done by the Federal Government, right or wrong, is not the only issue. It's whether the States themselves accept anything other that gold or silver coin.
Requiring people to pay for licences or anything else electronically is not on. They do it because of the abysmally low level of knowledge of our Constitution in the wider community.
BTW, I'm not saying Constitution, Constitution, ra ra ra. let's all be super patriotic. I come at it from a very pragmatic angle that if something is supposed to be a certain way and it isn't. then let's get it up them!
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics