Michael Diamond - 10 year ban

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Michael Diamond - 10 year ban

Post by sebrule » 08 May 2017, 10:24 am

Even if you "agree" that he did the wrong thing. If you crash while drunk and kill someone most of the time the manslaughter conversation will get you 3-7 years then you are free again.

If he was a politician he would have got nothing more then a go to aa and a very small drivers license suspension.
sebrule
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 08 May 2017, 12:50 pm

1. I wonder what it would be if it was a uncased cricket bat on the back seat and a few balls rolling around the floor?
2. Can he lodge an appeal over the severity of the sentence?
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by doc » 10 May 2017, 1:16 pm

Title - I admit that your comment here was a bit of a wake up call for me. Initially I was in one mind on what has happened here, but after considering your thoughts - I now have two minds about the matter.

As a LAFO - we struggle enough against the anti's, grabbers and media as it is - we don't need foolish acts like this undermining what we still have available to us.

From a selfish point of view - I can say that in some ways I was glad he's out of the picture for 10 years. Not from a justice point of view (as I believe it's over the top after reconsidering your post) but moreso because he has reflected poorly on the rest of us multiple times in what is a hostile environment against the average law abiding firearm owner. The rest of us don't need this set as an example, nor the publicity. Knowing that we are a target, stuff like this only gives the 'other side' more fuel to attack us with, which is not appreciated. In many ways I hate this - but it's conditioning of a situation that we have found ourselves in.

On the other side - as you (and others) have indicated - this has been blown out of proportions and likewise, the punishment is well out of proportions. It's not justice - it's an attack against firearm owners, and I didn't even see the effects it had on my opnions until reading your post from a different point of view - so thanks. :drinks:

Just look on this and be thankful for the freedom's and liberties that you still have there in the States!
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 May 2017, 4:25 pm

I Know its bad,
But there is always an excuse,"the devil made me do it"."God made me do it","Drinking made me do it".
s**t if you ask my Dr he will probably say I got a drinking problem and probably half of Australia's working class has a
drinking problem,but that doesn't mean I jump in my car when I am drunk and drive it around with a gun in the back.
People have to start taking responsibility for their actions.

Problem is these high profile Sports people think they can get away with it,probably because they see these NRL
nutbags getting away with it.But the truth is Michael should have known better than anyone the consequences
of his actions.Especially the second time around.If you want to be stupid do it to yourself don't drag the sport down.
Because all these F&&king do gooders need is just one bad example they can stretch out forever.

F&&k I would have given the idiot a 20 year ban just for the damage he has now done to the sport for everyone. :|
Member-Deleted

Post by Fionn » 07 Jan 2024, 8:22 pm

Shooting gold medallist Michael Diamond's gun ban upheld, dashing hopes for 2024 Paris Olympic qualifiers.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-07/ ... /103291458
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics