US rushes to ban plastic guns

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: US rushes to ban plastic guns

Post by pajamatime » 18 Feb 2014, 10:50 am

Kaine wrote:
Bourt wrote:That's fair enough, but you don't think all these people are getting in a frenzy over nothing at the moment (as the tech is now)?

Oh I personally don't care what happens at this point. Are they jumping the gun early? Yeah most likely. Will it work? Not at all.
It will just be like pirating movies/tv shows, you can't stop people downloading things off the internet. You can make it illegal and police it as best you can, but you will just end up with private servers in a number of different countries hosting the files, just like Piratebay does now.
Who knows, maybe PB will get a new '3D Blueprint' section. :lol:

we all know regulations don't work right, just go ask your friendly neighborhood pharmaceutical company on average they kill 100,000 thousand people a year in America alone minimum just through there dodgy over hyped petro chemical drugs based historically on chemical weaponry "blueprints" ;). we have lost touch with what is really important...we don't need a gun to kill ourselves we just need to eat GMO'S and take pharmaceutical drugs end of story lol

with that said the world is entering further and further into mayhem and World war 3 is on the horizon in its more aggressive form(guns and explosions)...I'm curious though of the true agenda afoot hear, hmmmmm. hiding things they are....hrhrhrhre
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by upup » 18 Feb 2014, 11:26 am

Funny the Gov getting all uppity over this when their own ATF have shown it doesn't work.

If someone criminal wants to make a plastic gun and blow their own finger off, let them have at it :lol:
upup
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by sha » 18 Feb 2014, 1:54 pm

I reckon they can just leave Darwinism to sort this one out :lol:
Savage Axis The Definition of Accuracy

Savage 93 .22 WMR
Savage 93R17 .17 HMR
Savage 110FP .308 WIN
sha
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by AlanK » 18 Feb 2014, 2:48 pm

I reckon we could do that for half our laws and a lot of problems would be solved within a few months :lol:
AlanK
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Rakk » 18 Feb 2014, 3:10 pm

On the subject of those ATF videos too, I'm pretty sure that's no the only one.

I believe they did a series with a range of replicated plastic firearms and they all exploded.
Rakk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Ken » 18 Feb 2014, 6:39 pm

I think you can stop testing once you see a .22 blows itself to pieces :lol:
Whatever you do, don't look at the mayonnaise...
Ken
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 18 Feb 2014, 7:33 pm

Ken wrote:I think you can stop testing once you see a .22 blows itself to pieces :lol:

i personally think its more of a problem for the gun industry, see you can make most of the gun out of that plastic stuff, and then the rest "high pressures high energy parts" out of something tougher?

whats that mean ? cheaper guns! and less profits for Gun manufacturers lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by RDobber » 18 Feb 2014, 9:04 pm

It's clearly not a problem at all for the community at large.

If some would-be stick-up man pulls the trigger on one of those things he'll only be lightening his arm, not someone else's wallet.
300 Win Mag Fanboy

Tikka, Tikka, Tikka, BOOM!
RDobber
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Return to Firearms related media and politics