All quiet on the western front?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

All quiet on the western front?

Post by wheedle » 30 Jun 2017, 1:36 pm

Is it just me or have the usual anti gun hysteria articles really faded off lately?

Not too long ago you couldn't listen to the radio/news/web for more than 5 minutes without hearing about the deadly assault Adler.

Have the 4 people at GCA packed it in or something? :lol:

Maybe I'm missing stuff, just seems that way lately.
wheedle
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: All quiet on the western front?

Post by Osty » 30 Jun 2017, 1:57 pm

Maybe there are bigger, scarier stories for the media to peddle at the moment?
Osty
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by bullzeye » 30 Jun 2017, 3:39 pm

They stories may ramp up over the gun amnesty/ buy back period..
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by gazza » 30 Jun 2017, 6:29 pm

I think the left are more worried about their political status than guns at the moment. As they should be.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 30 Jun 2017, 6:36 pm

Don't poke the bear fellas..They may be quiet but the tossers are still there plotting. :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 30 Jun 2017, 7:39 pm

It's quite...TOO quiet! I don't like it....
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Jun 2017, 8:03 pm

They r just waiting for the next mass shooting so they can capitalise on others misery and suffering. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Ed9362 » 30 Jun 2017, 9:31 pm

They are probably still busy being outraged that trump won
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 01 Jul 2017, 9:04 am

GCA and the other anti-gun lobby groups are going to be working behind the scenes to attempt to combat the growing force that is LAFO.

The general public hasn’t been taking the usual BS and they know it, public opinion has never favoured the shooter but for too long GCA and the MSM have tried to blame LAFO for illegal firearms and the crimes committed with them.

The next time we see them should be the last, there’s one more fight coming and it’s going to be huge, the younger generation of shooters isn’t afraid to shake things up, and that’s what they are afraid of.

We’ve got nothing but drastically increasing membership numbers while they can’t even maintain a website or social media page.

Make sure your supporting

LDP
SFFP
SSAA
Shooters Union
Firearms Ownera United
& any other party that has a candidate whom will advocate for LAFO and common sense.
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 01 Jul 2017, 9:58 pm

It is none of our business what other people think of us and if we care about what others think they are winning
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Gun-nut » 02 Jul 2017, 12:07 am

WatchyShooter wrote:GCA and the other anti-gun lobby groups are going to be working behind the scenes to attempt to combat the growing force that is LAFO.

The general public hasn’t been taking the usual BS and they know it, public opinion has never favoured the shooter but for too long GCA and the MSM have tried to blame LAFO for illegal firearms and the crimes committed with them.

The next time we see them should be the last, there’s one more fight coming and it’s going to be huge, the younger generation of shooters isn’t afraid to shake things up, and that’s what they are afraid of.

We’ve got nothing but drastically increasing membership numbers while they can’t even maintain a website or social media page.

Make sure your supporting

LDP
SFFP
SSAA
Shooters Union
Firearms Ownera United
& any other party that has a candidate whom will advocate for LAFO and common sense.

Amen to that. However, gaining our rights back will be no easy task, and it will take the combined effort of ALL shooters to do so. Vote wisely these state elections, and tell all your mates and family to vote BELOW the line so no preferences go the majors.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Jandamurra » 06 Jul 2017, 3:58 pm

I don't for one minute pretend to be able to demonstrate this-this is only my gut sense of what might be going on, but IMHO there is a faction within the government/ establishment that is wanting more relaxed gun laws. I don't know to what extent exactly, and they certainly play by Marquess of Queensbury rules ( otherwise they'd say a lot more about Port Arthur), but they're taking an overall look at contemporary Australia and have decided that things have gone too far with gun and weapons control.
They may know more than we do about some things, even with the internet, and may even be a little bit scared when they contemplate just how far things have gone and may still go.
This faction is now more powerful than before.
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by trekin » 07 Jul 2017, 5:47 am

The antis are just waiting for the statistics for this latest amnesty to come in. These statistics, at least here in QLD, will be used to once and for all disprove that LAFO are really law abiding, and that the "grey market" is real and that we LAFO are solely responsible for supplying it.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 07 Jul 2017, 8:10 am

trekin wrote:The antis are just waiting for the statistics for this latest amnesty to come in. These statistics, at least here in QLD, will be used to once and for all disprove that LAFO are really law abiding, and that the "grey market" is real and that we LAFO are solely responsible for supplying it.

I doubt that there will be many LAFO's handing in firearms. It will be people handing in someone else's (grandma's?) unregistered firearm that they don't have a licence to enable them to keep.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by trekin » 07 Jul 2017, 8:20 am

Bent Arrow wrote:
trekin wrote:The antis are just waiting for the statistics for this latest amnesty to come in. These statistics, at least here in QLD, will be used to once and for all disprove that LAFO are really law abiding, and that the "grey market" is real and that we LAFO are solely responsible for supplying it.

I doubt that there will be many LAFO's handing in firearms. It will be people handing in someone else's (grandma's?) unregistered firearm that they don't have a licence to enable them to keep.

So far one LGS in Toowoomba is saying that they had 15 unregistered firearms brought in, in one day, and that 12 of those were then registered to the licenced holders who brought them in. That relates to 4 out of five unregistered firearms held by licenced firearms owners in the eyes of the antis. Read the form, there is no where on it to explain where you, as a licence holder came by the unregistered firearm (by design).
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/ ... appreg.pdf
Edit. forgot to add link to QP1058, the form being used here in QLD during this amnesty.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by WatchyShooter » 07 Jul 2017, 10:11 am

trekin wrote:
Bent Arrow wrote:

So far one LGS in Toowoomba is saying that they had 15 unregistered firearms brought in, in one day, and that 12 of those were then registered to the licenced holders who brought them in. That relates to 4 out of five unregistered firearms held by licenced firearms owners in the eyes of the antis. Read the form, there is no where on it to explain where you, as a licence holder came by the unregistered firearm (by design).
Edit. forgot to add link to QP1058, the form being used here in QLD during this amnesty.

The Anits won’t get anything from this expect a shock when they realise they can’t lie to the public and get away with it, they call if “the firearms lobby” and “trolling” I call it “LAFO fed up with this bulls**t and finally taking a stand”

The fact that we had not only the anniversary of PAM without anything said in the media, but that a firearm like the speed line got into Australia without a single sounds from GCA shows that not only are they inept at running that s**t show that is GCA but they have no idea how to combat us now that we are banding together and using fact based evidence in our arguments and educating the public.

They think that there still pandering to the same people they did when the NFA first came in, sorry to tell you but your target audience is dead now and granny doesn’t really get the same response she would of 20 years ago when she starts ranting about gun control and spewing back up the media garbage.

They are losing the plot cause they are losing control, and if they lose control, they have nothing else to support their argument and they will just fade into the background.

God I can’t wait for the day they officially give up, just look at Rebecca Peters, she got out of Australia before people wised up to her and now she’s conveniently not here right now.

Why so scared Rebecca and GCA?
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by trekin » 07 Jul 2017, 12:29 pm

WatchyShooter wrote:
trekin wrote:
Bent Arrow wrote:

The Anits won’t get anything from this expect a shock when they realise they can’t lie to the public and get away with it, they call if “the firearms lobby” and “trolling” I call it “LAFO fed up with this bulls**t and finally taking a stand”

The fact that we had not only the anniversary of PAM without anything said in the media, but that a firearm like the speed line got into Australia without a single sounds from GCA shows that not only are they inept at running that s**t show that is GCA but they have no idea how to combat us now that we are banding together and using fact based evidence in our arguments and educating the public.

They think that there still pandering to the same people they did when the NFA first came in, sorry to tell you but your target audience is dead now and granny doesn’t really get the same response she would of 20 years ago when she starts ranting about gun control and spewing back up the media garbage.

They are losing the plot cause they are losing control, and if they lose control, they have nothing else to support their argument and they will just fade into the background.

God I can’t wait for the day they officially give up, just look at Rebecca Peters, she got out of Australia before people wised up to her and now she’s conveniently not here right now.

Why so scared Rebecca and GCA?

GCA, are as you say knacked, but they're not the antis I speak of. The ones we need to be cautous of are those sitting in the back rooms in Govt offices. The ones who thought up this amnesty and reasons for it, at least a year ago, the ones who are too chicken s**t to front us face to face but who will take our guns little bit by little bit. THE ONES WHO APPLAUD REBECCA PETERS AND GAVE HER AN AO! The ones who will take the statistics from QLD and use it to screw us further to the wall, and no matter what arguement we use, THEY will have the documented proof (incorrect as it may be) to back them up. Mark my words, this will come to pass, twenty years of fighting this ****** has taught me this much.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 09 Jul 2017, 6:57 pm

pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Jandamurra » 18 Jul 2017, 3:14 pm

Unfortunately, there'll always be some story or other about someone handing in a dozen guns in a nationwide amnesty that the anti's can hype up.
It's not all doom and gloom though.
I'd like to know is if a person, LAFO or not, hands in guns, how do we they still don't have one or two off the books? The number of firearms handed in in 1997 was very low relative to the government's own data,
This is an article from the SSAA- uncharacteristically hard-hitting and relevant from them- https://www.foaa.com.au/buy-back-statis ... d-in-1998/ .
I hope this amnesty is the failure the buyback was.
IMHO there's every reason to expect so.
If most guns weren't surrendered or registered back then, with all the hype and hysteria, how can the politicians and police hope to make a big dent in unregistered gun numbers now?
Getting in one more quick thing in this post, I don't believe they'll relax any gun laws after an amnesty if they consider it a success. Far from it.
If enough guns are handed in that the police and government have something to gloat about-I doubt it but if-then they'll introduce much tougher laws for the unregistered possession of guns and ammo.
Instead of a $700 fine or whatever it is, expect a few years in prison for keeping your pop's old duck gun and at least a few months for keeping ammo.
If the amnesty is a failure, which I am fortunately quite sure will be the case, they won't dare do this.
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics