Even the SSAA clubs are sick of how SSAA represents us :-)

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Even the SSAA clubs are sick of how SSAA represents us :

Post by Member-Deleted » 06 Sep 2017, 12:55 am

Yeah little bit of work about 1/2 hour good for rifles like lever action where pins are harder to remove, hand guns as well
The local club has 2 now they're thinking of making it a rule that all guns be checked in one before moving around with them from club to car
Most law enforcement buildings have a similar thing like a box where the weapon is placed in and checked before and after use
The club is only small 40-50 members they were tied up with SSAA but I think its private now too much BS they say money was going away from the area
instead of being used to upgrade the range so local farmer loaned the land for a 800yrd range and runs a grader over it once in awhile
I'm not a member but I do shoot there some times also I pay what all the other guys pay probably $2-$3 more for insurance plus $15 per day to shoot
All up about $75 per year + B B Q at end of year
I might use it twice in 3 years clubs are not my thing too many rules although they're there for good reason
Years ago when I did do a bit of shooting with the club we could only shoot on weekends when there wasn't a comp on even though there was plenty of room
for us to do so some times it could be 3weeks before non comp members could shoot so I moved on but now its private I think you can buy a key for $9
and shoot when you like ,this was done because SSAA tried to run it with an iron fist and they ended up loosing 1/2 the members
So the farmer a shooter himself derailed it all pulled rank and made it a private range its still run as a business just a little less hassle

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by scaredyet » 09 Sep 2017, 11:41 am

SSAA NSW president retires don't know what that means but I guess it's a good start
scaredyet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Sep 2017, 8:38 pm

I can remove the firing pin from my mod 70 or Marlin x7 in about one minute. But many take a fair bit longer. One of the reasons my Marlin 30-30 went.

But if your reloading I don't know why you would run all the rounds through the action. I just select a small sample. Say 2 or 3 per box
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 09 Sep 2017, 9:06 pm

Yeah mate that's heaps can't think of a reason to do more unless you found a bad one but then you would do them all ( maybe )
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 09 Sep 2017, 9:08 pm

Yeah mate that's heaps can't think of a reason to do more unless you found a bad one but then you would do them all ( maybe )
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 10 Sep 2017, 10:47 am

you don't need to run your cases through your rifle chamber to check them for fit
you can use a case gauge from wilson and have the same results without breaking the law in a populous place or risking an unintentional discharge or having to pull your rifle apart http://www.lewilson.com/casegage.html this shows there is no reason to be doing it at home for fit, case gauges don't cost much and could save you a lot of crap in your life
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 10 Sep 2017, 3:02 pm

sungazer wrote:if your only neck sizing the case body can become just that slightly bit sticky that would be embarrassing not to mention a disqualification if you were at a competition.

I'm a little confused. Wouldn't a case that is 'sticky' to feed be sticky to extract on the previous firing?
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics