Even the SSAA clubs are sick of how SSAA represents us :-)

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Even the SSAA clubs are sick of how SSAA represents us :

Post by WatchyShooter » 01 Aug 2017, 5:37 pm

bullzeye wrote:SSAA doesn't feel right to me.

Shooters Union Australia seem a bit disorganised.

So who's left to join?

I will always say
Liberal Democrats should be the first one you fund and become a member of if you can, having actual political influence helps more then anything.
After that whoever you like and doesn’t charge much :drinks:
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 01 Aug 2017, 10:43 pm

Speaking of the SSAA, about twelve months ago I fronted up to the local SSAA Para range in South Australia to sight in the .22WMR (good excuse for a sicky). Anyway because Im not a "CLUB" member and only a Association member they slugged me $50.00 for range fees :shock:, when I questioned them about the ridiculous price the RO said "It was to put new people off from using the range"....I always thought we as a group being new or old hands were supposed to be united and on equal terms, guess I was wrong.
If the SSAA are trying to recruit new members and keep old ones (have been an Association member since 94) they certainly go about it the wrong way :thumbsdown:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 01 Aug 2017, 10:46 pm

And more!
Attachments
SSAA vs SFP.JPG
SSAA vs SFP.JPG (96.65 KiB) Viewed 6645 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 01 Aug 2017, 11:05 pm

I only renewed my SSAA two weeks ago, after a very long, hard think about it. I never did come up with a satisfactory reason for doing so, but did it anyway.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 01 Aug 2017, 11:21 pm

bladeracer wrote:And more!

Another nail in the SSAA coffin.

Cause that’s what we need, the biggest trade show, with ZERO DECENT POLITICAL REPRESENTATION.
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 01 Aug 2017, 11:54 pm

It's hard when all options are bunch of retards and your best option is the least retarded one, the one that only eats glue, but doesn't try to smell fire.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 02 Aug 2017, 7:04 am

bladeracer wrote:I only renewed my SSAA two weeks ago, after a very long, hard think about it. I never did come up with a satisfactory reason for doing so, but did it anyway.

Ya aren't on ya own there b.r I've recently been through the same dilemma. And the same result. :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by tlia7 » 02 Aug 2017, 10:24 am

Hi Elmer

The Adelaide Pistol & Shooting club is currently building a 200m rifle range and if all goes to plan will be operational by the years end. We will welcome all licensed shooters to use it but preferably get your membership. If you become a member you can use the range at opening hours for no extra cost. The board has yet to decide range fees for non member licenced shooters but I doubt it will be $50!
tlia7
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 02 Aug 2017, 5:29 pm

My membership is coming to an end... I rather donate to disorganised Shooters Union, than c*** like SSAA, especially after rejections of SFF and ejection of FOU from shot shows. Political my arse, more like competitive.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 02 Aug 2017, 5:40 pm

I'm curious what the SSAA apologists feelings are about this type of infighting. What are they offering to show that this sort of thing is perfectly okay?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 02 Aug 2017, 6:03 pm

bladeracer wrote:I'm curious what the SSAA apologists feelings are about this type of infighting. What are they offering to show that this sort of thing is perfectly okay?

It’s in direct contradiction with their own constitution, they vow to work to progress our rights.

I asked how this is helping via FB.
Banned from the SSAA page
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Gun-nut » 02 Aug 2017, 6:36 pm

SUA is definitely the way to go over the SSAA, they may be a little disorganized but they're still small in comparison. Personally, I'd never give a dime to the SSAA considering how they've treated shooters so poorly over the years. I'm also glad to hear Firearm Owners United have become a non for profit organisation as they've been very vocal for firearm rights since creating their FB page roughly 2 years ago.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 02 Aug 2017, 8:25 pm

Gun-nut wrote:SUA is definitely the way to go over the SSAA, they may be a little disorganized but they're still small in comparison. Personally, I'd never give a dime to the SSAA considering how they've treated shooters so poorly over the years. I'm also glad to hear Firearm Owners United have become a non for profit organisation as they've been very vocal for firearm rights since creating their FB page roughly 2 years ago.

Like I’ve pointed out, if anyone’s done amazing things for LAFO it’s FOU.

LDP>SFFP>SUA> anyone else :drinks: :lol:
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Yipikaye » 02 Aug 2017, 9:09 pm

What alternative is there to SSAA if you want to shoot rimfire and centre fire in northern Sydney and Malabar ANZAC range? I'm not sure I'll renew this year. Alpine club looks good but membship is nearly$500!
- .303 British
- 12G
Yipikaye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 02 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

Yipikaye, I must admit I don't know about Northern Sydney and Malabar ANZAC ranges, I am from VIC. Here, you don't need to be a member to attend SSAA range. I am sure at some stage they will force people to do this, because they are c*** and loosing members, but at this stage we can attend any local SSAA range. It costs I think $5 or so more though.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Yipikaye » 02 Aug 2017, 9:32 pm

I think I could shoot at SSAA range And pay at little more but I was a bit put off when my mate who is new went to the range on the weekend and they gave him a hard time for not bringing hearing protection (even though it does say on the website the club can provide)
- .303 British
- 12G
Yipikaye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 02 Aug 2017, 9:35 pm

Well, now you're just looking for for flaws... At least he wont forget ;)
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Yipikaye » 02 Aug 2017, 9:46 pm

Hehe true. He will never forget again. Not sure if he would come again though
- .303 British
- 12G
Yipikaye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Sarco » 02 Aug 2017, 9:56 pm

I have now received my postal ballot papers now for the Vic election of candidates and read through the SSAA Vic introductory stuff and the candidate blurbs.

Firstly, I read (and it was a surprise to me) that 180 days prior notification is required for matters to be raised by members present!

Secondly, I noted that it indicates the the financials will not be available til late Aug 17, with the AGM mid Sep (17th). As the SSAA Vic FY ends 30 Apr, if last year is an example, the audit not being signed off till 9 Aug is not really good enough (or the business conduct of the organisation is fearfully convoluted and is an auditors worst nightmare). This leaves minimal time for members to adequately review the financials and decided if their is anything which requires further explanation/clarification at the AGM,

As such, with the 180 day notification, how does a member raise matters relating to the financials?

Sarco
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 02 Aug 2017, 10:20 pm

I gave the SSAA the arse years ago, got sick of their bulls**t and refuse to support people like that.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 02 Aug 2017, 10:21 pm

That is just unacceptable!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Cryptic » 02 Aug 2017, 11:01 pm

Signed up to the cheap deal for life membership to SUA. Will keep my local indoor non SSAA pistol club membership and join one of the QRA facility shared clubs for rifle and pistol.
Have no interest in anything SSAA does the way they seem to carry on.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 03 Aug 2017, 3:12 am

WatchyShooter wrote:
bladeracer wrote:I'm curious what the SSAA apologists feelings are about this type of infighting. What are they offering to show that this sort of thing is perfectly okay?

It’s in direct contradiction with their own constitution, they vow to work to progress our rights.

I asked how this is helping via FB.
Banned from the SSAA page

I think it's time to send a message by cancelling my membership (again!) and telling them why.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Aug 2017, 3:41 am

Sarco wrote:I have now received my postal ballot papers now for the Vic election of candidates and read through the SSAA Vic introductory stuff and the candidate blurbs.

Firstly, I read (and it was a surprise to me) that 180 days prior notification is required for matters to be raised by members present!

Secondly, I noted that it indicates the the financials will not be available til late Aug 17, with the AGM mid Sep (17th). As the SSAA Vic FY ends 30 Apr, if last year is an example, the audit not being signed off till 9 Aug is not really good enough (or the business conduct of the organisation is fearfully convoluted and is an auditors worst nightmare). This leaves minimal time for members to adequately review the financials and decided if their is anything which requires further explanation/clarification at the AGM,

As such, with the 180 day notification, how does a member raise matters relating to the financials?

Sarco

Same here. 180 days is stupid.
I think this will be my last year.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 03 Aug 2017, 4:04 am

bigfellascott wrote:I gave the SSAA the arse years ago, got sick of their bulls**t and refuse to support people like that.

Me too but members here managed to convince me to try them again. Their efforts were wasted I'm afraid.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 03 Aug 2017, 12:40 pm

bladeracer wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I gave the SSAA the arse years ago, got sick of their bulls**t and refuse to support people like that.

Me too but members here managed to convince me to try them again. Their efforts were wasted I'm afraid.

Like I pointed out on their Facebook page, take the 180k members they claim, and x that by what the lowest membership option is and ask yourself, do you see that returned to the community or used to lobby and progress shooters rights?

Then take a look at the organisations that are out in public, making the effort the effect change, and doing it without all that funding.

Just imagine what those other orgs could do if they had the kind of funding SSAA have
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 03 Aug 2017, 1:54 pm

Too be fair it's not all the clubs that are the problem, it's more the management at the national and state levels that I'm not real fussed on, there are lots of little SSAA affiliated clubs that are working hard to get things right for their members.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Aug 2017, 9:50 pm

There are a fair few organisations out there. What is needed is an umbrella organisation to bring them all together. I thought SSAA would take on that leadership position but seems they are not capable.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 08 Aug 2017, 7:52 pm

Hi guy's, my first post has to be about politics hey LOL
the ssaa vic are just a bunch of crooks, I read earlier how a poster thinks highly of the chief range officer at little river and that he should be training the ignorant RO's or be made a permanent worker there to make sure things are done right,
seriously I nearly fell over laughing, he does train all the RO's and wont be made a permanent worker there as he would loose his pension if he did, he gets paid as a volunteer as an out of pocket expense like the others, they have at the moment 4 permanent RO's and the rest are paid volunteers, that goes against the ATO rules that state a volunteer cannot do the work of a paid worker or would be considered a worker and pay tax (someone is getting a kickback at the ATO to allow this I'm sure), there chief range officer is the reason you go to little river and don't know till you get there what the rules are going to be for that day, he changes them and only tells one or to of his suckhole RO's so when you go there and they tell you do this but the last 10 times you did not have to and the next time you go you wont have to again. they do not follow fairwork, workcare, volunteer australia or any laws or legislation unless its suits them, they don't even keep the RO's current with first aid certificate's.
under the current leadership the ssaa IMO is a Farkup waiting to happen, as anyone who goes to little river will know the RO's are not very firearm savy, the latest bit of gossip I heard was that while one RO was chasing roos off the range the other two RO's who were busy having a yarn did not see a shooter grab his rifle and watch the RO chasing the roos off through his scope,
I have been thinking of rejoining although it would hurt as I dont like giving my hard earned money to crooks so the board can have a pissup but I feel the need for insurance and they have a very good policy, so like quite a few others I may be a member just to be insured,
these people running ssaa vic do not follow laws of the land and do what they want but not for you
I could keep on going, dont believe a word from them
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 09 Aug 2017, 12:22 am

marksman, as much as I think SSAA are useless and unlike you they will not get a cent from me (insurance can come from home and content), I completely disagree with you on everything you said above. Every single RO at the range I dealt with is in fact 'firearms savvy'. Speaking from experience. I had all sorts of jams, malfunctions and ******. And while being quite inexperienced, at least then, first people to the rescue, strip my gun, fix it and put it back together again were ROs. And then there were other silly things, that could easily get me banned form the range (unintentionally of course) - again, dealt with in a very friendly manner... I think you are just angry about something specific... Did you get yelled at :)

Watching an RO through a scope, I assure you, that person would be yelled at by other shooters, seen it done before when someone did 'something silly'. Don't spread bulls**t if you don't have first hand experience.

As per rule changes - the on and off again, do you have something specific you could share?
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics