Marriage Equality Text Message

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Marriage Equality Text Message

Post by Stix » 24 Sep 2017, 11:26 am

trekin wrote:
Stix wrote:I just found out a young lad of 17yrs old got the text message as well...

I assumed under 18's not on the electoral role couldnt vote on it...
Am i incorrect on this...?

Let's get one thing straight, this is NOT in any way, shape or form a vote. It is only an opinion poll conducted by the ABS for the Fed Govt. But you are correct in that only those on the electrol roll are eligible to have a say, so no, people under 18 years should not be getting these texts.

Yep sorry...i am aware its not a vote as you state...just using the terminology they use...ie "vote yes/no".
And to the best of my literary knowledge i am 'voting' in an opinion poll. :D

Unfortunately it would appear <18's are getting the texts.
This young fellow has just turned 17 & not on the electoral role.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Dunxy » 24 Sep 2017, 11:54 am

I got the stupid message, my vote is no anyway because I don't believe in this "we must make everybody happy" mentality of today, even if the majority are ignored while the minority get bent over backwards for. No issues with gay people being gay, but I don't see the need for them to be legally married because i see it as floodgates for more crap! I am very much against all this 175,000 different genders crap they are pushing onto impressionable primary schoolchildren.Sorry people there's 2 genders, male or female, these people who think they can be male one day,female the next then an attack helicopter or whatever make me sick.
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Sep 2017, 12:36 pm

This marriage equality thing is just a political foot ball the Gov trying to get votes and a little power from it
These gay people have all the rights they need in the courts today they are not being victimised just look at Penny Wong
would she be in parliament if she was being victimised
Gays say they want to be recognised ''For what being gay'' we know that when we see them walking down the street holding hands
and hugging is there something else we should know ?
There was a gay bloke living down the back blocks had a little bit of land and I had spoken to him and his opinion on all this gay rights
BS was started by sh--t stirrers way back the average gay person didn't give a rats arse for gay rights as it stood
When he sold up and moved away I shook his hand as he understood that the law had to stay the same to protect the traditional family
values he went on to say he could access anything that straight people could through the courts even access his partners insurance
and all that goes with a partnership gay or not
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 24 Sep 2017, 1:34 pm

bigfellascott wrote:This is the crap they are pushing in schools now - under the "Safe Schools" BS

http://www.thegenderfairy.com/

I attended my 8 year olds concert last week and I was very disturbed to see role playing in one of the classes acts where a boy was with a girl, a girl and girl, and a boy with boy, they were singing the song I'm in love, each time the chorus came (I'm in love) one of the pair's would skip to the front holding hands singing and make the shape of a love heart between the two with there arms, the teacher involved is a married in Australia lesbian pushing her agenda

is this what is called safe schools :unknown: I will after the school holidays be taking this up with the school, I must have a choice about what my little kids are subjected to at school and I do not want this to be the normal for them, I do not want them taught this s**t at school it is not why they go to school,
when they are old enough to actually know what a gay is they can decide what they are, this s**t will only make there lives miserable as they are conflicted by what they think is alright and why they are not gay
normalising behaviours like this for little kids is abhorrent and will not end well,
trying to convert them young :twisted:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Sep 2017, 1:39 pm

Bloody disgraceful mate, definitely take it up with the school, this s**t isn't on in any stretch of the imagination, as you said let them be kids and when they are older they will work out if being gay is for them, no need to brain train them into thinking it should be the case, does more harm than good I think. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Stix » 24 Sep 2017, 3:33 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
marksman wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:This is the crap they are pushing in schools now - under the "Safe Schools" BS

http://www.thegenderfairy.com/

I attended my 8 year olds concert last week and I was very disturbed to see role playing in one of the classes acts where a boy was with a girl, a girl and girl, and a boy with boy, they were singing the song I'm in love, each time the chorus came (I'm in love) one of the pair's would skip to the front holding hands singing and make the shape of a love heart between the two with there arms, the teacher involved is a married in Australia lesbian pushing her agenda

is this what is called safe schools :unknown: I will after the school holidays be taking this up with the school, I must have a choice about what my little kids are subjected to at school and I do not want this to be the normal for them, I do not want them taught this s**t at school it is not why they go to school,
when they are old enough to actually know what a gay is they can decide what they are, this s**t will only make there lives miserable as they are conflicted by what they think is alright and why they are not gay
normalising behaviours like this for little kids is abhorrent and will not end well,
trying to convert them young :twisted:

Bloody disgraceful mate, definitely take it up with the school, this s**t isn't on in any stretch of the imagination, as you said let them be kids and when they are older they will work out if being gay is for them, no need to brain train them into thinking it should be the case, does more harm than good I think. :drinks:

Thats disgusting marksman...
& the thing is if you confronted this lesbo about her actions, she would no doubt call you the bias chauvinst sexist one...
& if you pushed your agenda on her kids she may be the type to have you wrapped up in a discrimination law suit.

Get your arse down that school & whip hers back into line...!
Education is one thing, screwing with your kids minds is another...!!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by pete1 » 24 Sep 2017, 4:43 pm

Yeh when i was in Year 12 we had to sit there and read Articles about gay/ transgender rights and so on. each time we we had to do a responsive essay and argue for or against, If you argued against, the teacher would give you low marks and then make you stand up in front of the class and argue your point trying to make you out to be a bad person, she did get in trouble from the principle months latter.
Some teachers will always push there opinions and try be king dick in reality some have no life experience and think there opinion is the only one that matters.
While there are many dedicated teachers that will give you time to argue your point and actually teach something.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Cryptic » 24 Sep 2017, 4:43 pm

Bigjobss wrote:
Stix wrote:I just found out a young lad of 17yrs old got the text message as well...

Intetesting point...anyones kids get the sms? Does anyone know of any kids getting it? Random numbers and all you would expect it...

Read a few complaints of people saying their 14 and 15 year olds getting the msg so it is totally random to number not just enrolled people.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Sep 2017, 5:14 pm

With the marriage equality mob contacting juveniles in this way for their cause isn't it very similar to what
a paedophile would do to groom their victim ?
Don't know just asking the question, but can they prove their not
Member-Deleted

Post by Bigjobss » 24 Sep 2017, 5:15 pm

Cryptic wrote:
Bigjobss wrote:

Intetesting point...anyones kids get the sms? Does anyone know of any kids getting it? Random numbers and all you would expect it...

Read a few complaints of people saying their 14 and 15 year olds getting the msg so it is totally random to number not just enrolled people.

Cheers mate
Bigjobss

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Sep 2017, 5:32 pm

Jesus Big Fella if they were my kids I would go to the school and tear that woman teacher a new A-hole
This is exactly the thing we are being told about I hope the people think very seriously before signing the yes or no paper
Things like this will most likely change a lot of minds to a NO vote hopefully
My thoughts are gays can do as they please within reason but leave our precious kids alone period
There's more to this equality BS than meets the eye if you ask me
Member-Deleted

Post by brett1868 » 24 Sep 2017, 5:45 pm

Slightly of topic but along similar lines...why did Big W drop the word "Christmas" yet K-Mart are advertising "Diwali" ? This whole political correctness movement is making me nuts, It's getting to the point where no one will say anything for fear of offending someone's feelings....boohoo file a hurt feelings report on 13 11 14
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 24 Sep 2017, 6:57 pm

brett1868 wrote:Slightly of topic but along similar lines...why did Big W drop the word "Christmas" yet K-Mart are advertising "Diwali" ? This whole political correctness movement is making me nuts, It's getting to the point where no one will say anything for fear of offending someone's feelings....boohoo file a hurt feelings report on 13 11 14

Yea... :violin: ... beyond ridiculous... :crazy:
So how long until Rudolf is sent to the political corrective slaughter house & poor old Father Christmas is rolled off the throne by "Person Diwali"...? :unknown:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 Sep 2017, 7:11 pm

brett1868 wrote:Slightly of topic but along similar lines...why did Big W drop the word "Christmas" yet K-Mart are advertising "Diwali" ? This whole political correctness movement is making me nuts, It's getting to the point where no one will say anything for fear of offending someone's feelings....boohoo file a hurt feelings report on 13 11 14

The rate of change in this country is moving so fast that I'm beginning to think that Australia has become one big social experiment.
I'm calling it the minority rules experiment.

The Christmas tree thing has no doubt happened due to minority religious groups getting offended by the Christmas theme, so kmart have gone down the the pc line by changing the name of the tree the to make everyone happy by changing it to a religiously and culturally neutral tree.... happy holidays :lol:

The voice of the minority is loud and squeaky.
It demands to be heard, It expects to be part of exclusive clubs even if it doesn't fit the specific requirements and It's sense of entitlement is like nothing I have ever before.
I think it a product of the "everyone gets a medal" approach to teaching and the "we are all equal" attitude.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bigjobss » 24 Sep 2017, 7:36 pm

The left wants a world where no one is ever offended, correction, no minority is ever offended.
Freedom of speech is dying.
Bigjobss

Post by Stix » 24 Sep 2017, 9:06 pm

Bigjobss wrote:The left wants a world where no one is ever offended, correction, no minority is ever offended.
Freedom of speech is dying.

...& no instigator is responible...not even for their own feelings for f**ks sake...

Day to day life is so over rugulated its fast turning into a communist regime hidden under the banner of "a democracy".
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 25 Sep 2017, 7:56 am

Not off topic it's all connected and part of the bs agenda that a certain element of our society is trying to push. I am a bit disappointed that I have not been sent this txt. :sarcasm: would I have a case for discrimination :clap: :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Sep 2017, 7:44 am

We shouldn't even be voting. This debacle is just another example of political incompetence.
Found this on another forum.

Yes Vote.jpg
Yes Vote.jpg (24.9 KiB) Viewed 5490 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 26 Sep 2017, 8:23 am

Oldbloke wrote:We shouldn't even be voting. This debacle is just another example of political incompetence.

Yes Vote.jpg

This is what pisses me off, what a fkn waste of money, and I'm sure the end figure will be much higher than that.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by marksman » 26 Sep 2017, 8:50 am

Oldbloke wrote:We shouldn't even be voting. This debacle is just another example of political incompetence.

Yes Vote.jpg

yes there are a lot of things that the money could have been better spent on :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Sep 2017, 9:07 am

And it's a budget EMERGENCY!

They should just do their ducking job for a change.

Oops, forgot to mention, IF they are entitled under the constitution.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Hangfire » 26 Sep 2017, 1:30 pm

Democracy is never a waste of time.
For or against everyone deserves a say and a plebesite was a campaign promise although this survey is far from that.
Hangfire
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by doc » 26 Sep 2017, 5:27 pm

Hangfire wrote:Democracy is never a waste of time.
For or against everyone deserves a say and a plebesite was a campaign promise although this survey is far from that.

Agreed - while I don't often defend the government - they are doing their darndest (in this instance) to try and keep a campaign promise as best as possible. There's waste everywhere in the budget. Actually giving the people a chance to have a say for once is a nice change instead of telling us what we think. What does the cost work out to be per person? Not much more than one latte per person it seems.

I'm also very interested in the outcome of this vote - just to see how 'accurate' the media have been, as well as the greens and Labour in their expressed views of 'what the people want', especially since they've done everything possible to block people from having their say from the offset.

And I'm even more interested in the vote to see how certain politicians and others will react if it doesn't go the way they expect or want. Would they continue to push their view (regardless of which side) if they find they're wrong about what their constituents want.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Sep 2017, 7:01 pm

"Actually giving the people a chance to have a say for once is a nice change instead of telling us what we think. "

BS. Yes we have a say. BUT, then they will vote how they want. Results are not compulsary
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 26 Sep 2017, 9:17 pm

well i voted yes,,just because i dont care if gays want to get married or not ,but i would of voted no if i had got the text before i voted.
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

tom604 wrote:well i voted yes,,just because i dont care if gays want to get married or not ,but i would of voted no if i had got the text before i voted.

+1

I absolutely hate unsolicited calls and emails. Text too.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics