Pig attack on Qld hunter

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Pig attack on Qld hunter

Post by albat » 25 Sep 2017, 6:09 pm

Sounds like a birthday to remember!

A MAN'S birthday celebrations were cut short after he was attacked by a wild pig while on a hunting trip for his birthday.

The man, in his mid-30s, was hunting with his dogs near Gayndah when a wild pig gored him, causing severe cuts to his leg.

The Bundaberg-based RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter was called to airlift the man from Eidsvold Hospital to Bundaberg Base Hospital for further treatment at about 8.15 on Saturday night.

Meanwhile, the Sunshine Coast-based RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter airlifted a 51-year-old man after his car ran off the road and into a tree north-west of Gympie.

The man suffered suspected rib fractures in the crash and was airlifted by RACQ LifeFlight Rescue to LifeFlight's Sunshine Coast base at Maroochydore Airport.

He was then transferred by Queensland Ambulance Service road ambulance to the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Birtinya, for treatment.

RACQ LifeFlight Rescue was tasked to the accident scene just after 9am.

https://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/new ... k/3227417/
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Pig attack on Qld hunter

Post by Daddybang » 25 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

I wonder if he "sacked" his dog's. :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by albat » 25 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm

I reckon he will be at his gun shop in a couple of days ordering a 308 to get the job done properly
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 25 Sep 2017, 6:29 pm

albat wrote:I reckon he will be at his gun shop in a couple of days ordering a 308 to get the job done properly

Won't be able to afford anything after he gets the bill for that chopper flight.
One of the guys crashed his bike racing the Island Classic last year. He was unconscious so they flew him straight to Alfred.
He got a $10,000 bill for that. Had to sell his racebike to pay for it. Only had a broken arm.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 25 Sep 2017, 7:20 pm

I'm not sure but it might be covered or partially covered by the ambulance levy we pay as part of our rates in qld?.
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 25 Sep 2017, 7:27 pm

We have to have ambulance cover to be able to race, but it doesn't cover helicopters.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 25 Sep 2017, 7:48 pm

According to what I've just read qld residents are covered for all emergency medical transport whether by ambulance, helicopter or fixed wing or combination of. Anywhere in the country which I didn't know!! I googled "ambulance levy qld" :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 25 Sep 2017, 7:49 pm

Ambulance Victoria cover does - https://membership.ambulance.vic.gov.au ... -me-for%3F
Had to check, my Dad needed an Air Ambulance back in the early 80's, the bill for that was around $4500 which was a hell of a lot at the time, but we paid nothing as we were members. If you are not a member TAC covers you for traffic accident related Ambulances and I think Worksafe does for Work related ones.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 25 Sep 2017, 8:03 pm

Wombat wrote:Ambulance Victoria cover does - https://membership.ambulance.vic.gov.au ... -me-for%3F
Had to check, my Dad needed an Air Ambulance back in the early 80's, the bill for that was around $4500 which was a hell of a lot at the time, but we paid nothing as we were members. If you are not a member TAC covers you for traffic accident related Ambulances and I think Worksafe does for Work related ones.

Apparently we don't have to be members of anything all qld residents are automatically covered if we need medical transport anywhere in the country. If we are out of state and need it we send the invoice to qld ambulance service and they pay it. :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by albat » 25 Sep 2017, 8:19 pm

Gotta love Queensland hey, plenty of pigs to shoot and if you get owned by one there's someone there to pick up the bill , why would you live anywhere else :thumbsup:
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 25 Sep 2017, 8:36 pm

But you pay the levy on your rates......just a different way of paying to here.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by marksman » 25 Sep 2017, 9:12 pm

albat wrote:Gotta love Queensland hey, plenty of pigs to shoot and if you get owned by one there's someone there to pick up the bill , why would you live anywhere else :thumbsup:

that's why you have ambulance cover :thumbsup:
beautiful one day perfect the next :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 25 Sep 2017, 9:27 pm

Wombat wrote:But you pay the levy on your rates......just a different way of paying to here.

Only if you are a homeowner if you are a renter ya still covered by it and the government picks up the tab :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 25 Sep 2017, 10:07 pm

Do you really think costs like rates and insurance are not passed on to renters? And where does the government get its cash?
No free rides in paradise, we all pay one way or another. Actually Victoria does subsidize QLD through GST so I guess we pay more, but you still pay. :drinks:
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 26 Sep 2017, 6:56 am

Yeah it's all payed for but my point is this bloke won't be getting a 10,000 dollar bill for the helicopter ride like blade racers mate. :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Hugh » 13 Oct 2017, 5:48 pm

Bladeracer did your check the vic.gov ambulance link,it says it covers all air transport,the ambulance mob will try and weasel out of paying,when I died out side of a job last year they said work cover should pay,i think why the F*** am I paying you then.
Last edited by Hugh on 14 Oct 2017, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by marksman » 13 Oct 2017, 7:28 pm

"when you died" ?
please explain
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Hugh » 14 Oct 2017, 6:13 am

Had cardiac arrest, blokes on job did cpr till fire brigade got there[3 min]they continued cpr till ambos got there[8 min]defib brought me back straight away,cant happen again as I have one inbuilt now.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 19 Oct 2017, 9:01 pm

Quiet possibly the pig victim did not have a 16" barrel .357 lever action rifle.

Charles Darwin at work perhaps.

Good luck to him with the septic s**t from pig tusk wounds, particularly close to the shin bones.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics