Muzzle brakes banned (my local SSAA range QLD)

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Muzzle breaks banned

Post by Sam45 » 04 Oct 2017, 3:46 pm

RoginaJack wrote:
drizo wrote:Sounds like Ripley to me, I’m pretty sure Belmont already have a brake ban

Nope, Belmont does not have a break ban but must use benches from about midway up. I was there last Wednesday and all was sweet.

AND SAM45, I reckon you're blowing hot air out of ya and yes, the last few weeks I've shot on the 1st 5 benches and there has been 2 young guys (223s), a 40ish (308), another (270) and 7mm Rem mag. sharing the other benches. If you want to gain a bit of knowledge ask a "old Dude", if you want to talk rubbish, well good luck but get your facts right... :lol:

AND at Belmont, as you enter the front door, have a look - there is a BIG sign re ear protection and also on the range proper!

Hot air out of my ass :lol: :lol: :lol: ..I have been going there a fair bit.. Thanks for the gainful insight to YOUR experince at Belmont. I gave mine, from what I have experienced over the last 2 years. Also I know the rules at Belmont, again thanks for the critique :thumbsup:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Muzzle brakes banned (my local SSAA range QLD)

Post by KennyA » 05 Oct 2017, 6:18 am

bladeracer wrote:
KennyA wrote:Surely it's more about commom sense and accommodation at your local range.
The thought of a SSAA branch putting in a 'ban' is beyond beleaf and very short sited.

Is each club free to make up its own rules or does it have to follow an official stance from the State or National office?[/quot

That's a question that I'm trying to get clarified from ssaa.
So far the ssaa national has referred me to the ssaa state office.
Three days later and still no reply from ssaa qld.
More frustration.....
.177 &.22 Air rifle, .22lr, 223 Rem, 308 Win, 308 Ackley Imp, 410, 45-70, 12g single, U/O, S/S
KennyA
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Muzzle brakes banned (my local SSAA range QLD)

Post by bladeracer » 05 Oct 2017, 9:18 am

sungazer wrote:There will be a set of SSR Standing Shooting Rules for the Range which you and every club must comply with. Then if you are a member of a club you could be further subjected to the rules and procedures of the club. Club rules cannot override the range rules which some part of will be signed off by the State or Territory Police

I understand that. I'm asking more along the lines of can the club invent its own rules based on nothing more than the whim of its managers with no recourse to the larger organisation. Like not opening on Sunday because it's the lord's day or not allowing left-handers in.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Muzzle breaks banned

Post by RoginaJack » 05 Oct 2017, 9:29 am

Sam45 wrote:Hot air out of my ass :lol: :lol: :lol: ..I have been going there a fair bit.. Thanks for the gainful insight to YOUR experince at Belmont. I gave mine, from what I have experienced over the last 2 years. Also I know the rules at Belmont, again thanks for the critique :thumbsup:

You'r welcome and I look forward to your next burst of verbal diarrhea.. :lol:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics