More Vic LRD Garbage No more 3 of a kind.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: More Vic LRD Garbage No more 3 of a kind.

Post by marksman » 31 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm

hmmmmmm

with all due respect juststarting talking to you is just like talking to my ex wife :lol: :lol: :lol: :sarcasm:

your theory is flawed mate, as I said in an earlier post I put 3 applications in by post and got 2 just not the one for centrefire
the reason, not in writing but told to me by LRD staff I have more than 10 firearms in centrefire, I know I know anecdotal, could be unreliable :lol:

the more than 10 centrefires reason is a new one to me, has anyone else heard of it?
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 31 Oct 2017, 6:12 pm

I think I need a new centrefire and a .22 for that matter (rugger American compact in green, if you're wondering). And maybe something lite and small in 300AAC just to errm something something theory. And a 300wm, I definitely want that and probably/definitely something in revolver action. Anyways, we'll work on your theory - right or wrong, more funs :)
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by southeast varmiter » 01 Nov 2017, 3:37 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Off the mark a bit southeast varmiter, membership of an approved organization has always been a genuine reason. But with that, we have always been allowed to have up to 3 of any one chambering for Cat B firearms without question, after which a letter outlining why you need more than 3 is required. This still applied as recently as July when I bought a rifle, It does not apply now according to the latest letter. All competition shooters are entitled by long standing agreement to have a comp rifle, a spare rifle, and a back up rifle, as I shoot a large number of comps I have a number of rifles so why would I want to spend $2000+ in fees, plus massive security upgrades, plus Local Council hassles to get a Dealers Licence? A very unhelpful and FUDD comment.You must be one of those who believe only YOUR type of shooting is valid, perhaps? Have a good day.

Good to see your able to remain emotionally detached.
Not sure what your on about.
The absolute truth is that there is no limit as long as you can justify.
Also if you aquire more than 5 cat b in a year they will take a look at subsequent purchases more closely.
As a suggestion justification can be by specific match type or if for hunting can be ferals (dogs , goats), deer, varmit, long range pest control etc. you can easily get 20 cat b with setups for each type of scenario.
P.s. getting a dealers license is worth it and does not require councils if you don’t have a shop front. I have one and it’s great to aquire donor parts that can be transferred.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 01 Nov 2017, 4:17 pm

southeast varmiter wrote:P.s. getting a dealers license is worth it and does not require councils if you don’t have a shop front. I have one and it’s great to aquire donor parts that can be transferred.

What is the cost of a Dealer Licence, do you have to send in reports and have regular inspections like dealers do, do you need security like dealers require? What donor parts can you not acquire without a dealer licence in Victoria?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by southeast varmiter » 01 Nov 2017, 5:04 pm

bladeracer wrote:
southeast varmiter wrote:P.s. getting a dealers license is worth it and does not require councils if you don’t have a shop front. I have one and it’s great to aquire donor parts that can be transferred.

What is the cost of a Dealer Licence, do you have to send in reports and have regular inspections like dealers do, do you need security like dealers require? What donor parts can you not acquire without a dealer licence in Victoria?

Yes more involved. But if you nominate it as a wholesale business and class 2. About $1200 for 3 years.
Also get the agent permit so you can act on behalf of another dealer.
The major consideration is not to trade as a retailer but wholesaler / agent.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 08 Nov 2017, 1:34 pm

bladeracer wrote:I need another one in a week or so myself, will post if it's a problem.

Ordered a .223 just now and asked about this ten-centrefire limit thing. He hasn't had any knocked back PtA's and hasn't heard of any problems. Rifle should be here next week so I guess that's when I'll know for sure.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 14 Nov 2017, 10:25 am

Alright, so put one in yesterday (cat A though), via a shop, SMS from shop this morning that it's been approved. So guessing it's been all done yesterday (i.e. normal Vic timeframes).
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 14 Nov 2017, 10:32 am

True, but best to get all use case tested :)
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 14 Nov 2017, 1:37 pm

Don't tell me you got a bolt action .22 plinker JS. I thought such things were beneath you ;)
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 14 Nov 2017, 1:41 pm

Ok, first of all, shut the f*** up. Second, I got a pump action 22 plinker. Third, bolt 22 is next, so STFU! LOL. I take all my nay saying about 22s back. It never happened, let's move on :)
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by marksman » 14 Nov 2017, 5:22 pm

what I was told by the firearm registry JS was because I have more than 10 centerfire bolt actions they wanted more info and my submission worked, I have the 308 in my name ready to butcher and rebarrel just waiting for my new reamer,
I also said I put in 3 PTA's 2 for A classification that came through with no problems,
I am going to email them so I can get it in writing then it wont be seen as anecdotal :lol: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 Nov 2017, 5:42 pm

marksman wrote:what I was told by the firearm registry JS was because I have more than 10 centerfire bolt actions they wanted more info and my submission worked, I have the 308 in my name ready to butcher and rebarrel just waiting for my new reamer,
I also said I put in 3 PTA's 2 for A classification that came through with no problems,
I am going to email them so I can get it in writing then it wont be seen as anecdotal :lol: :drinks:

I have more than ten centrefires and am still waiting for the .223 - hopefully tomorrow, and then I can tell you whether it got knocked back.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 15 Nov 2017, 9:49 am

southeast varmiter wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Yes more involved. But if you nominate it as a wholesale business and class 2. About $1200 for 3 years.

So What's the process then?

What kind of paper work do you to do? I'd seriously consider it, I've bought and sold quite a few firearms this year it might be worth it.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Nov 2017, 8:28 pm

bladeracer wrote:I have more than ten centrefires and am still waiting for the .223 - hopefully tomorrow, and then I can tell you whether it got knocked back.

My .223 finally arrived this morning and I asked him to run the PtA before I pick it up just to find out if it'll be knocked back. He had no response by close tonight, and said that he had had no PtA's come through all day, which is odd, so they're probably just swamped.
I'm wondering if they're "swamped" in sending out demand letters to a whole lot of shooters.
If I can get into town again tomorrow I'll pick it up regardless.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 27 Nov 2017, 9:16 pm

I believe the person I spoke to at LRD was telling porkie's as I received an email back from them after inquiring about the more than 10 centerfires and it basically just quoted the act, they would not put on paper what I was advised on the phone :unknown:
so yea I still do not have a clue what the reason was for knocking me back at first except because they can :thumbsdown:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 28 Nov 2017, 3:06 pm

marksman wrote:I believe the person I spoke to at LRD was telling porkie's as I received an email back from them after inquiring about the more than 10 centerfires and it basically just quoted the act, they would not put on paper what I was advised on the phone :unknown:
so yea I still do not have a clue what the reason was for knocking me back at first except because they can :thumbsdown:

Not looking good.
My dealer has had no approved PtA's today either.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 28 Nov 2017, 3:28 pm

sungazer wrote:Do you mean you have a PTA waiting to be approved bladeracer? If all PTAs for a day are not being approved it may just be a technical problem affecting the particular day. Keep my fingers crossed that you have no problems.

Yep, none today or yesterday.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 28 Nov 2017, 5:47 pm

Finally got the PtA through at 1715 this arvo, into town tomorrow to bring her home :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 28 Nov 2017, 5:49 pm

I'm getting nervous. Bought my 3rd .303 over a month ago. Got the PTA no problem, picked up the rifle and it's in the safe. However the red letter of official registration that usually comes a few weeks later has yet to arrive. I'm way past 10 in centrefires.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 28 Nov 2017, 5:56 pm

bladeracer wrote:Finally got the PtA through at 1715 this arvo, into town tomorrow to bring her home :-)

Well, that's that then. No conspiracies here.

Supaduke, ye, couple of mine took a while actually.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 28 Nov 2017, 6:52 pm

Really, Sungazer? Is it because 10 guns are less lethal than 15? LOL
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 28 Nov 2017, 6:53 pm

sungazer wrote:The 10 centrfires or 15 guns I am sure is going to trigger a inspection to see if you comply with the stricter storage / security requirements. If it doesn't it should.

Sixteen probably would, but I doubt ten centrefires would as the security is the same as for one rimfire.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 28 Nov 2017, 7:18 pm

sungazer wrote:I haven't looked at any rules lately I just took what was being said here something about 10 centrefires. Dont you think though that when you go past a waypoint of sorts in the rules like the above 15 requires an alarm thing that they would come out to make sure you comply. The change of address certainly triggers an inspection to make sure you comply.
Not my idea just what we have to live with. I dont think the people that make the rules think that over 15 is any more dangerous either. I think the thinking behind it is more that if you are burgled that over 15 posses a bigger risk to the community than less than 15. My reasoning behind that assumption is the requirement for an alarm. It has nothing to do with the person that is licensed. It is about putting in place more security to stop guns getting into the wrong hands.

The reason for this discussion is that if they are doing this at ten centrefires, or three of the same cartridge, they have no legal reason to do so, no laws have changed to allow them to demand additional genuine reasons because of how many firearms you own.
I do expect them to drop out to inspect me again quite soon, but it's probably more beneficial to "them" not to so that if our firearms are stolen they can throw the book at another shooter, and parade it in the media. I'm sure that's worth more points to them than my firearms falling into the wrong hands, since the wrong hands never seem to use our stolen firearms to commit any crimes.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 02 Dec 2017, 1:55 pm

My DFO just made another unannounced inspection.
He was here on August 8th.
I've bought four rifles in the last eight weeks which might have raised a flag, or perhaps "more than ten centrefires" really is a thing.
He expressed his "concerns" about me having so many firearms, but agreed that I'm legal. I told him that I'm still looking for some more milsurps and will probably get myself a .45/70 very soon to do the national shoot at Little River in May.
He said FRD will be keeping a close eye on me.
I told him I was absolutely fine with them monitoring me, I have nothing to hide and am no threat to anybody.
Really nice guy, doing the job he signed up for.

He also mentioned that we will see changes to storage requirements very soon, particularly affecting rural owners. He said I already exceed what is proposed though, but didn't offer to enlighten me further.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cflake » 02 Dec 2017, 7:35 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:
southeast varmiter wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

So What's the process then?

What kind of paper work do you to do? I'd seriously consider it, I've bought and sold quite a few firearms this year it might be worth it.

I'm interested in this as well.. Do they need to see a functioning business in some way? Are there any other requirements? Is a class 1 much harder to get?
cflake
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Dec 2017, 4:56 pm

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=898044350359614&id=424951284335592

"On Tuesday I asked about the recent changes to the ‘genuine need’ process. Apparently the police, apropos of nothing, decided to change the system so that should you have more than 10 of a certain category, not calibre but category, you would be forced to justify your request for a Permit To Acquire.
Here’s the reply from the government.
You’ll notice that amongst the bureaucratic waffle that there is no attempt to justify the number they’ve chosen, just that 10 was chosen as an ‘appropriate number’. There is no factual basis.
This is why legislation needs to be specific so bureaucrats cannot make this up as they go along.
I’ll be working to have this nonsense stopped because it’s clear that there is no statistical or scientific basis to this number."
Attachments
24129608_898042583693124_8331445946858985202_n.jpg
24129608_898042583693124_8331445946858985202_n.jpg (107.63 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
24131489_898042593693123_3755934028363992384_n.jpg
24131489_898042593693123_3755934028363992384_n.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 04 Dec 2017, 6:04 pm

Well, f***!
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 04 Dec 2017, 6:42 pm

juststarting wrote:Well, f***!

+1 :thumbsdown: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics