Gun Owner Stops Shooting

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Gun Owner Stops Shooting

Post by Jd256 » 08 Nov 2017, 2:22 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/breaking- ... cid=HPCDHP

Looks Like the shooter was aloud to purchase fire arms when he should not have been due to dishonorable discharge from military service and criminal convictions and had a history of stalking girlfriends.
Jd256
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Gun Owner Stops Shooting

Post by bladeracer » 08 Nov 2017, 4:08 am

Long interview with Stephen Willeford - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HEchh0XD8
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 08 Nov 2017, 10:32 am

a lot has come out about this terrible event, this guy "Stephen Willeford" is a real life hero
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Nov 2017, 1:27 pm

YEP he is but sadly you will hear more on gun restrictions than a brave man and his offsider saving lives
There should be more like them
CHEERS
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 08 Nov 2017, 1:51 pm

I did it find it bloody strange that he thought his god was protecting him...while leaving all those people in His church to die.

But a really nice guy that definitely saved lives. How the hell the guy was able to drive for six miles with a .223 bullet into his chest at twenty-yards is remarkable.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Nov 2017, 2:01 pm

I think Bladeracer it was the pure evil in him that kept him going but fortunately he couldn't out run the big fella
from up high who caught up with him six miles down the road and rightfully so
Member-Deleted

Post by Bent Arrow » 08 Nov 2017, 5:46 pm

bladeracer wrote:..... . How the hell the guy was able to drive for six miles with a .223 bullet into his chest at twenty-yards is remarkable.

Completely wild guess...... The shot wasn't centre mass. Maybe collapsed one lung?
Attachments
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg (19.78 KiB) Viewed 4246 times
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 08 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:
bladeracer wrote:..... . How the hell the guy was able to drive for six miles with a .223 bullet into his chest at twenty-yards is remarkable.

Completely wild guess...... The shot wasn't centre mass. Maybe collapsed one lung?

Possible I guess, but a .223 at 20yds? There'd have to be fragments throughout the chest cavity. I doubt it'd collapse a lung, probably turn it to pulp and flood the airway with blood.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 08 Nov 2017, 6:10 pm

Still wild guessing....... I have been unfortunate enough to see a lung shot goat put up a good struggle to stay on its feet and get a damn long way away from the original shooter. Thankfully my 25-06 can reach a lot further than someone else's 30-30....... Speak to experienced bow hunters about how far a deer can run if the shot placement isn't up to scratch........
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Nov 2017, 8:03 pm

FMJ projectile would pencil through.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 09 Nov 2017, 12:14 am

the guy is doing the rounds on the talk shows as a hero and the anti gun libs hate it he is geting his time in the spot light and i hope he injoys it.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Member-Deleted » 09 Nov 2017, 12:34 am

YEAH mate he deserves it he's a '' Legend ''
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 09 Nov 2017, 5:53 am

Bent Arrow wrote:

Add a healthy dose of adrenaline into the mix and I guess anything is possible!!!
:thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Hugh » 11 Nov 2017, 2:59 pm

I think the whole idea of the .223 was to wound not kill,i think the mentality of it was it took 10 more men to care for a wounded man.All up.Anybody researched how they came up with the .45 colt?
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 11 Nov 2017, 10:12 pm

heard the church killer was wearing a vest. from what i've read hugh your right about the wounding rather than killing with 223. heard the u.s military is upgrading to a bigger round cause terrorists don't worry about their wounded. it's gods will apparently. geez this god fella is responsable for a lot of crap ! lol
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 12 Nov 2017, 12:04 pm

Hugh wrote:I think the whole idea of the .223 was to wound not kill,i think the mentality of it was it took 10 more men to care for a wounded man.All up.Anybody researched how they came up with the .45 colt?

My understanding is that the resource cost to look after wounded is true, but I remember reading that many soldiers struggled to maintain effective fire control with the recoil associated with heavier calibres, and soldiers could carry more rounds for the smaller 223 with the same mass/space in their kit.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 12 Nov 2017, 1:55 pm

bigrich wrote:heard the church killer was wearing a vest. from what i've read hugh your right about the wounding rather than killing with 223. heard the u.s military is upgrading to a bigger round cause terrorists don't worry about their wounded. it's gods will apparently. geez this god fella is responsable for a lot of crap ! lol

I wasn't thinking about any theories, have you never shot an animal in the chest with a .223 at very close range?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKQizbg1zBw
Skip to 13:29 for his "meat target" testing with FMJ's.

In Miami '86, Platt took a 9mm into the side of the chest. He was able to continue shooting for a few minutes, although significantly disabled by the loss of the lung and severe bleeding from the arteries of the heart. But a 9mm won't pulp a lung like a close-range .223 will.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Hugh » 12 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

Not my idea just the US military.If you want to see something got my first pig at 14 with a 12g rifled slug, charged out of a heap of downed timber heading away from me hit it behind ear and left a hole that I will never forget.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics