TASPOL, political correctness and garbage

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: TASPOL, political correctness and garbage

Post by bladeracer » 17 Nov 2017, 2:55 pm

Dunxy wrote:Kindly point out where i actually said anything about any injustice relating to my friends being busted for the actual drink driving? Maybe re-read my post or find an adult to explain it if you cant make sense of it yourself. Dont really see the need for immature comments like this, are you 12?

I find drink driving to be far more immature and irresponsible than calling people out for it, especially repeat offenders.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by gazza » 17 Nov 2017, 3:59 pm

Political correctness is gay. Way worse than drink driving.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Nov 2017, 4:08 pm

What a massive fcuking joke !

Not only that but I'd be tracking down those involved at the campus that obviously reported it to the police and give them a peice of my mind ... blody yes voter.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Nov 2017, 4:12 pm

I'm willing to donate to a go fund me if you want to lawyer up.

There's a few firearms specific Lawyers that would smash the police out of orbit over that one.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 17 Nov 2017, 4:28 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I'm willing to donate to a go fund me if you want to lawyer up.

There's a few firearms specific Lawyers that would smash the police out of orbit over that one.

Yep +1 :drinks:
This sh@t needs to be fought every time!@! :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Nov 2017, 4:32 pm

Mark Stone Solicitor posted something on Facebook recently that I think it's very relevant here (15-10-17)... I'd be looking at some of his recent posts and contacting him asap.
Screenshot_2017-11-17-19-41-21.png
Screenshot_2017-11-17-19-41-21.png (646.82 KiB) Viewed 3608 times
Screenshot_2017-11-17-17-00-37.png
Screenshot_2017-11-17-17-00-37.png (690.34 KiB) Viewed 3617 times

Edit ...
Here's what Mark had to say on a similar matter for those who don't have Facebook ...
QUOTE ; With permission from Mark

"Recently, I received instructions from a fellow in NSW regarding a show cause notice. The reasoning for this show cause notice was the fellow had an apparently "extensive traffic record" including, speeding, burnouts, street racing and negligent driving on his traffic history. Later, they added a drive unregistered vehicle which he hadn't actually committed. The letter seemed to be an old precedent that they used from someone else's matter. I couldn't find any alcohol related offences at all on his traffic history.

In our reply we outlined the extensive time delays since many of those traffic infringements. He is now 33 years of age. We detailed that most of the traffic infringements were prior to his applying for a firearms license. In the four years since having a firearms license, he had only been issued with 4 infringement notices. All camera detected offences. My client drives extensively for work during the day and nights.

We then detailed each older infringement by my client's age at the time, how long ago the infringement occurred and details of my client's recollections of the infringements. We also pointed out the small fines he received. The small fines indicated the lack of seriousness of his traffic infringements.

The burnout turned out to be my client when he was 17 getting a little excited and chirping the tyres. Some 15 years ago.

I found no street racing in his traffic history.

When he was 17 he had a minor traffic accident where nobody else was injured when it was raining late at night. A police officer happened by and gave him another infringement notice.

We sent in considerable reference material outlining my client's good character and work ethic.

We pointed out he had already passed their tests in 2012.

We noted that these are traffic offences are not matters within regulation 5 of the firearms regulations and not criminal offences where my client could avail himself of the right to legal counsel to defend himself from such allegations.

Furthermore, the new offences after 2012 are mostly traffic camera detected offences. My client has no real access to justice nor the ability to defend himself from such allegations unless he was to spend tens of thousands of dollars attempting to stop himself from being fined a few hundred dollars.

As a result, without due process, with a lack of access to the justice system and without the tens of thousands of dollars to engage in expensive legal action my client and many others in the community, make the commercial decision to simply pay the fine. The lack of procedural fairness in such matters is clearly evident.

In fact, this seems to be a political decision taken by political figures and police forces in an attempt to restrict firearm ownership without any real basis for the change in criteria. There appears to be a widening of the interpretation and the discretion available by the Commissioner of Police. Such an interpretation or widening of this interpretation in our view would not survive judicial review to a higher jurisdiction above NCAT.

Finally, we further note Regulation 5 of the Firearms Regulations:

FIREARMS REGULATION 2006 - REG 5
Offences that disqualify applicants
5 OFFENCES THAT DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS

My client had not been convicted of any of those offences."
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by gazza » 18 Nov 2017, 8:49 am

I would donate.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Heckler303 » 18 Nov 2017, 10:12 am

I'm not sure where to go with this one yet. Perhaps a lawyer might be a good idea to contact but I'm not in any financial situation to pay for one. And I'm still unsure about GoFundMe and donations as of yet.

I'll think over it but I think it's worth just going through with a mental checkup as they ask and hoping they respond back to a letter I sent to them a month ago. I don't want to become a center of attention.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Heckler303 » 18 Nov 2017, 10:16 am

Oh, and they did have a minor attack at my personal facebook page (which I've cleared out since and keep mostly private.) This was what they determined to be someone saying I was 'Obsessed' with guns. How mind you, is beyond me. Police being police, having a sense of humor is not in the code book.

And I had one picture from late 2016 where I posed with a shotgun. They spit the dummy over that too.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Heckler303 » 18 Nov 2017, 10:24 am

sungazer wrote:yep funny joke pictures when taken out of context and when used to try and support a theory can be very harmful. I have seen much worse even on this site there are some pics that go could be considered well beyond the line of good taste. I refer to the ones where animals have been shot and the photo is of a gory and graphic nature. To a hunter and someone that butchers their own the blood and gore is a normal but to a first timer it could have a very shocking impact.

What else is one to expect? A forum where people take and post pictures of their hunted game isn't going to be all pretty pretty.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Nov 2017, 10:07 pm

sungazer wrote:I know that the magazines ask that when you send in photos that you clean up the blood and that the picture is not to graphic. We dont have to post pictures that show half the head missing and the brains lying next to it. If you need / want to post a picture of that kill move the brains out of shot place the animal in a position that minimizes the gruesome or shock horror part. As a group of hunters we don't want to labeled and thought of as sadistic killers. The label we are looking for is humane harvester of meat and humane vermin control.

Gruesome photos are very important when determining what projectiles are sutible.
Expansion rates, energy transfer, fragmentation, penetration ... it's all very important stuff.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics